PDA

View Full Version : FSX 737 aircraft

super80
11-12-2007, 09:25 PM
Hi everyone, my name is Vic and I had a quick question/request. I am setting up the Project Magenta/FSUIPC4 network for my 737 cockpit and I am having a bit of difficulty finding detailed information specifically regarding aircraft files for FSX.

I know some folks out there are using the default FSX 737, can someone be kind enough to tell me exactly what you did to get it to work reliably with PM?

I.E. What did you do exactly to your aircraft.cfg and panel.cfg, folders, etc..??

Thanks in advance :)

Thanks!,
Vic

James Twomey
11-12-2007, 09:30 PM
Vic,

I'm using FSX with stock 737. Also using PM systems, PM-GC, and PM-FMC along with FSUICP-4 and FSphidets across a wireless netwwork with five computers.

Are you having problems?

super80
11-12-2007, 09:38 PM
Hi James,

I was wondering what exactly needs to be edited in the stock 737 in FSX? Did you edit the panel.cfg or aircraft.cfg? It's my understanding that everything except the VIEWS section should be removed from the panel.cfg, but when I do that, FSX doesn't load the aircraft.

Thanks,Vic

James Twomey
11-12-2007, 11:34 PM
Hi Vic,

Well, I havent done any editing of any sort with the stock FSX 737. The only problem that I have been encountering really comes with my CPflight MCP, and just trying to get the heading to disengage when I want it to without having to disengage the AP. Other than that, everything else works fine for me.

Have you given it a try without doing any editing?

yome
11-13-2007, 05:07 AM
Hello,
I saw this on the PM web site: (notam)

"At this time, to use the MCP software with FSX you will have to disable the AP gauge in the FSX panel.cfg of the aircraft type you are using for flight with the PM / MCP software. Generally if not using a panel at all in MSFS, then the only section you need in the panel.cfg is the section referring to [VIEWS] everything else can be deleted. Please *always* keep a back-up of your original files in case you have to revert back.
Make sure you have this line in your FSUIPC4.ini (only FSX)
[General] section

FiddleMachForPM=Yes "

hope that helps, :p

Regards
Yome

super80
11-13-2007, 09:47 AM
Thanks guys.