PDA

View Full Version : I done it - I just ordered my Engravity CDU!

David Rogers
11-05-2007, 07:51 AM
Hey folks,

Well, I was nervous about spending this much money - it's the single biggest cost I've shelled out for my 'pit, but I just ordered my Engravity Hardware 737 CDU / FMS.

I thought long and hard but ultimately, I just think you can't have a serious pit without a Hardware CDU/FMS.... so I guess it was just a case of 'when' rather than 'if' !!

Just a quick question for any existing Engravity CDU / Project Magenta users; is it literally just a case of setting the Com port in the cdu/ini, and that's all there is to it ?

Thanks. :D:D:D

whoispankaj
11-05-2007, 09:49 AM
David on a shopping spree....;)

Pankaj

David Rogers
11-05-2007, 10:30 AM
I'll be trouble when the wife finds out..... :mrgreen:

We have a baby on the way next May, so I am getting all of my big sim shopping out of the way now, as once the baby arrives it will be "game over" for expanding my sim ! :D

dnoize
11-05-2007, 10:30 AM
Just a quick question for any existing Engravity CDU / Project Magenta users; is it literally just a case of setting the Com port in the cdu/ini, and that's all there is to it ?

Thanks. :D:D:D

First install the cdu driver, which installs the virtual commport for the usb on your computer.
Then fill in the comm port number your computer has assigned to the cdu in the cdu.ini...save, restart pm cdu....and it boots up the hardware cdu.

Thats all there is to it

Stef

David Rogers
11-05-2007, 10:33 AM
Excellent - thanks Stef.

Hey, I just got my UPS Despatch email, just 1 hour after ordering.

Now that's what I'm talking about !! ;):D

Westozy
11-05-2007, 11:11 AM
First install the cdu driver, which installs the virtual commport for the usb on your computer.
Then fill in the comm port number your computer has assigned to the cdu in the cdu.ini...save, restart pm cdu....and it boots up the hardware cdu.

Thats all there is to it

Stef

Hi Stef,
What's the procedure for using it with PMDG? Is it simple???

BTW David, way to go, I'm jealous!

Gwyn

whoispankaj
11-05-2007, 11:13 AM
We have a baby on the way next May

737 captain on the way...:)

Pankaj

dnoize
11-05-2007, 11:36 AM
Hi Stef,
What's the procedure for using it with PMDG? Is it simple???

Hi Gwyn, just as easy.

for the pmdg:
1. purchase the driver from pmdg. You need to send them the serial of the cdu and they will provide you with the download link for the driver and a personalized key.
2. install the cdu driver (virtual comport) and remember what port has been assigned to it by your computer.
3. install the pmdg driver and copy the key to the right folder as per pmdg instructions.
4. start fs
5. load your pmdg aircraft
6. in the pmdg menu item in the top bar there is a new option: engravity cdu
7. click it. a pop up box will appear.
8. in the pop up box select the right comm port
9. check the box to start the cdu every other flight
10. click connect
11. enjoy....

Every time you start your favorite pmdg boeing it will start the cdu too.

Stef

dnoize
11-05-2007, 11:37 AM
Excellent - thanks Stef.

Hey, I just got my UPS Despatch email, just 1 hour after ordering.

Now that's what I'm talking about !! ;):D

How is that for a lead time ;-)

Stef

David Rogers
11-05-2007, 03:58 PM
Very impressive I had to say!

Only problem I have is that it's coming so soon that I haven't yet thought of an excuse to tell my wife :)

dnoize
11-05-2007, 04:02 PM
you still have a few days left

Westozy
11-05-2007, 05:27 PM
Hi Gwyn, just as easy.

for the pmdg:
1. purchase the driver from pmdg. You need to send them the serial of the cdu and they will provide you with the download link for the driver and a personalized key.
2. install the cdu driver (virtual comport) and remember what port has been assigned to it by your computer.
3. install the pmdg driver and copy the key to the right folder as per pmdg instructions.
4. start fs
5. load your pmdg aircraft
6. in the pmdg menu item in the top bar there is a new option: engravity cdu
7. click it. a pop up box will appear.
8. in the pop up box select the right comm port
9. check the box to start the cdu every other flight
10. click connect
11. enjoy....

Every time you start your favorite pmdg boeing it will start the cdu too.

Stef

Cheers Stef,

When I've completed my third Airbus TQ I think I'll be buying one!

Cheers, Gwyn

RalphW
11-11-2007, 07:57 PM
Hi david

You won't be disappointed. I have been using an Engravity CDU for about 2 years now with PM. Never missed a heartbeat!

Ralph

magicaldr
11-12-2007, 01:18 AM
Only problem I have is that it's coming so soon that I haven't yet thought of an excuse to tell my wife :)

Get it delivered to work, install at 3am, hope no one sees the credit card bill ;)

p.s. good luck with the baby btw, just found out my 3rd may be on the way.