PDA

View Full Version : Main Panel Annunciators

Rodney
11-14-2005, 09:37 PM
Anyone doing this with Phidgets LED64? I know Jonathan uses Phidgets for the PMsystems. I've looked through PDowsons offsets, and some from PM, but don't find what I need. Can anyone kick me in the right direction, maeining to use this card. Thanks in advance.

Bob Reed
11-14-2005, 10:04 PM
Hey Rodney, Have you looked at FS2Phidgets? I think this would be the way to go.

Matt Olieman
11-15-2005, 12:12 AM
I don't have a Boeing, but I use the Phidgets LED64, it's fantastic and easy to use. As Bob says download FS2Phidgets here:

http://www.phidgetsusa.com/fs/fs2phidgets/flight_simulator_FS2Phidget.asp#download

Alan is working on new versions, that allow you to test Phidget interfaces, without the actual interface. It won't light up your lights, but you'll be able to see how it works.

Rodney
11-15-2005, 01:31 AM
Yes I have that, but there is not an option for say, Speed Barke Extended, Landing Gear in transit, landing gear down & Locked, etc. Unless I'm missing something. And I would need to know the offset too. Looks like this one is for pmsystems, as that is the ini it points too.

Rodney
11-16-2005, 09:42 PM
I guess i'm going to reply tomyself. I've done alott of looking around, and so far, have not found any references to the MIP annunciators of the B737NG, or found another user that is using it. Maybe i'm overlooking, or not looking in the right place. But...if I discover anything for Phidgets, I will post it here.

Bob Reed
11-16-2005, 09:47 PM
Ahhhh I see.... Well the problem is you need software that has an offset for the anounceator. FS does not support them. So you would need like EPIC to actually build the logic for it. I do not know if that is possiblke with Phidgets or not. One of the reasons I use EPIC.

Rodney
11-16-2005, 11:31 PM
Bob, Thanks for that reply. I have read that Phidgets is good, but limited. And from your comment, that is dead on. Guess I could dust off some of the old VB skillsets and try to write it, but the offsets are the issue.

Matt Olieman
11-17-2005, 09:23 AM
Rodney, I guess I don't quite understand what you're trying to do. Regarding Phidgets.... what limitations?????

Bob Reed
11-17-2005, 02:19 PM
He wants to turn the MIP enunciators on and off. I am not sure if anyone's software does this yet. I am sure it can be programed in PMSystems. Do you know of something different?

Matt Olieman
11-17-2005, 02:25 PM
You can program anything you want in PMSystems. What's the annunciators for, what activates the lights in the real plane. You can set it in Phidgets also, just depend on how you set the parameters. Are we talking about this:"Speed Brake Extended, Landing Gear in transit, landing gear down & Locked, etc."

Rodney
11-17-2005, 02:41 PM
Matt,
Yes, that is exactly what I am taking about. I downloaded FS2Phidgets, and it has a pmsystems.ini in it. But those functions are not there. Lead me my friend!

Rodney
11-17-2005, 07:32 PM
According to the scant documentation for pmsystems, they state that it will interface with main glare and main panel indicatorsare generated by pmsystems. I downloaded the demo, but don't see anything new in the sysvar or .ini I will have to have this software eventually, but maybe just not today.

Matt Olieman
11-17-2005, 07:55 PM
Rodney, be patient. Alan is doing some BETA testing on a new version of FS2Phidgets, that does not require the Interfaces. You'll be able to test the interface before you actually have it. Perhaps contact Alan, perhaps he'll get you a Beta version.

Rodney
11-18-2005, 11:55 AM
OK, I'll drop him a note then.

ekezz
12-08-2005, 11:54 AM
Hi,
In a great overview by Gert van der Winden I see that you need FS2PhUIPC.ini
I think this was made in march 2005.

Since (july?) pmSystems has direct control over phidgets via phidgets.txt
So it was easy to get the parkingbrake light assigned to a LED64 and it works as it should.
Now I want to make the autobrake switch to work on a 0/16/16 Phidgets board.
Can I make this work directly in phidgets.txt (pmSystems file) or do I still also need to make the modifications to the FS2PhUIPC.ini as Gert described.

Kester

Matt Olieman
12-08-2005, 12:06 PM
Hi Kester,
I'm assuming you're using the 0/16/16 with FS2Phidget. If so, it's not advised (by the author) to directly change the .ini files. You can EDIT or ADD variables within the FS2Phidget program. Matter of fact you can make you're own to make the switch or light do whatever you want, as long it's assigned to an FSUIPC. You also have the opportunity to create you're own ini file, with you're own variables, just the way you like them:)

ekezz
12-08-2005, 01:43 PM
Sorry, No I'm not using FS2Phidgets.
I had hoped I could do all directly from pmSystems.
The less interfaces the better is my motto.

Matt Olieman
12-08-2005, 04:13 PM
I'd like to tell you I'm up to date on all of PMSystems, but, I'm not. If PMSystems does not control the autobrake, which I don't think it does, then you need to use FS2Phidget. Which is an excellent program, and free, designed and produced by our own Alan Dyer:) I agree with you, use what you can to control Phidgets with PMSystems, it's just PMSystems does not control the whole cockpit. Hopefully, eventually, PM will be totally Phidget interconnected:)

Bob Reed
12-08-2005, 05:24 PM
Actually I think there is a way to do it.. But like Matt I am not up on all the PMSystems stuff... I think you can make PMSystems do anything you want!! But that might be a question for the PM group!!

ekezz
12-08-2005, 05:56 PM
Thanks Matt and Bob,
A good suggestion to move the topic to the PM group. I'll post it there.
Thanks.
Kester