PDA

View Full Version : Airbus Radios with IOCards

brianwilliamson
10-24-2007, 03:22 AM
Well I finally got fed up waiting for any further updates for FD Technology SimBoards, so I went ahead and bought the IOcards. I had a full Airbus Radio going within half an hour after getting into the manuals, which can be a little hard because of the translation, but I have to say they have to be the easiest to set up as far as the radio goes than I have seen. For $80 US plus freight, that takes a lot of beating.
I now have the A320 Radio with COM1, COM2, NAV1, NAV2 AND ADF, all with buttons and leds etc.
I would have to at this stage, I give them a very high recommendation. Just study the manuals and ask some of the extremely smart fellows that are using this system, to help with the translation, and I think these will be a winner, especially at the price.
Cheers...............Brian W

ryanf
02-12-2008, 01:33 PM
Hi Brian,

which cards did you order use for the radio?

thanks,
Ryan.

brianwilliamson
02-12-2008, 02:35 PM
Master Card
USB Expansion Card
Display Card
Input and Output Cards
.............Brian W.

Trevor Hale
02-12-2008, 02:38 PM
This is Opencockpits right Brian?

ryanf
02-12-2008, 05:23 PM
Thanks Brian.

Assuming they are opencockpits, how did you get such a good deal? I looked at the prices and the total cost seems higher:

prices(euro)
master=56
usb expansion=39
display=34
encoders=23

total= 152

Am I getting things wrong here?

cheers,
Ryan

brianwilliamson
02-12-2008, 06:40 PM
Corect, that is IO cards. The price you pay is as they state on there site. You can delete buying the 2 connect cards and the USB card, but I would strongly advise that you do use them.
You cannot buy any cards for the price, anywhere, that has the same features as these, so it depends on your particular needs.
.......Brian W.

ryanf
02-13-2008, 04:55 AM
Thanks Brian.

It still looks like good value. The only thing that made me wonder was when I read your post that said you got it all for 80 dollars US!

cheers,
Ryan.

brianwilliamson
02-13-2008, 03:32 PM
That is what I said and is correct.
Display card 28 Euro
Master Card 26 Euro.
Total = 54 Euro which is $ 78 US..................QED

..............Brian W

andarlite
02-13-2008, 04:11 PM
Thanks Brian.

It still looks like good value. The only thing that made me wonder was when I read your post that said you got it all for 80 dollars US!

cheers,
Ryan.

Ryan

Brian is quoting the prices just for the cards in kit form, not the assembled card.... that's why the price is lower than what you came up with.

Regards,
Henry

ryanf
02-14-2008, 06:16 AM
Doh!

That makes sense. Thanks for letting me know.

/Ryan.