PDA

View Full Version : Toggle switches to momentary switches?

Patrik
10-22-2007, 06:21 AM
I wanna start building a smaller scale cockpit and start with a lower panel of the cessna.
how do i convert the toggle switches to momentary switches?
i searched the net and found a solution with relays, is
there any smaller components i can use?
i have a 32 input USB controls interface to start with.

dodiano
10-22-2007, 10:32 AM
Hi Payrick,

Actually some interfaces let you proggram that function from within the software, also I think FSUIPC has that function can someone back me up here please??

JBaymore
10-22-2007, 09:46 PM
Hi Payrick,

Actually some interfaces let you proggram that function from within the software, also I think FSUIPC has that function can someone back me up here please??

Yup FSUIPC has that function.

But personally I think that is would be better to convert externally to the main PC. While FSUIPC may change the continuous string of repeat pulses into a single event... all those continuing data pulses (like maybe on a landing or nav light) have to be continually scanned for "state change"..... and that HAS to take some processor cycles and also have data running on the USB buss taking up "space" from other units.

More efficient to change it into a single pulse via an appropriate interface card and be done with it.

Ther is also a way to wire up a capacitor to take advantage of the charge/discharge pattern...... but to me that is a waste of time since interface cards for this are NOT that expensive.

best,

................john

Patrik
10-23-2007, 01:14 AM
Yup FSUIPC has that function.

But personally I think that is would be better to convert externally to the main PC. While FSUIPC may change the continuous string of repeat pulses into a single event... all those continuing data pulses (like maybe on a landing or nav light) have to be continually scanned for "state change"..... and that HAS to take some processor cycles and also have data running on the USB buss taking up "space" from other units.

More efficient to change it into a single pulse via an appropriate interface card and be done with it.

Ther is also a way to wire up a capacitor to take advantage of the charge/discharge pattern...... but to me that is a waste of time since interface cards for this are NOT that expensive.

best,

................john

Ok, thanks for the advise!
i have looked at the simkits multicontroller for about $165.
that sound a bit expensive to me but it also lets you connect some gauges. but of course it cost to build a simulator.

paid $33 for this 32 input (28 button + axis) but its a simple joystick interface.
if anyone can recommend any other interfaces it would be great!
i´m gonna try to start with a low budget and if my interest in this continues i can spend some money.
thanx!

RobiD
10-23-2007, 05:48 AM
FSBus is great. www.fsbus.de (http://www.fsbus.de)

Easy to build your self using toner transfer method.

JBaymore
10-23-2007, 09:58 AM
I utilize at this time, a number of Phidgets interfaces (which are great) and two Hagstrom KE-72 keyboard encoders (which are also excellent). Depends on what you are trying to do.

best,

.................john