PDA

View Full Version : Would prefer help before i try it?

Geremy Britton
10-19-2007, 11:32 AM
I have just bought some annumciators off ebay the are pushbuttons and have a light up strip that illuminates when pressed (identical to the autopilot buttons) could i connect these push buttons up to a keyboard card and they will still work and the leds will light up because i read somewhere that you cannot have leds with a switch or the keyboard card will blow.

If someone knows if this will work before i sacrifice my keyboard card that would be of help to me!

Thanks, Geremy :)

Trevor Hale
10-19-2007, 11:39 AM
Geremy,

I think you may be a little misled.

The LED will be a separate connection on the switch then the switch itself. for instance you might have 4 pins on the back of the switch. 2 will go to your keyboard card and 2 will be used to power the led (with a resistor)

the biggest problem you will have is a keyboard looks for a momentary button push. I would think those switches you have will be toggling. (push once on) push again off.

if you connect that to a kbrd card, push it once and you will get kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

until you push it a second time.

does this make any sense?

Geremy Britton
10-19-2007, 11:48 AM
I understand thanks for helping me understand the connections on the back. Are there no options in fsuipc or fs that stop the repetition of a switch i seem to think there was?

Regards

Trevor Hale
10-19-2007, 12:02 PM
There is if your keyboard card is seen by fsuipc. But I don't suspect it will be. However I could be wrong.