PDA

View Full Version : Aerosim Solutions 737

Westozy
10-17-2007, 07:22 AM
Hi guys,

AT LAST.....After tearing what's left of my hair out over the past four days, my sim is now running on my new computer. It now has a 2.4 Quad core with 2Gb of ram, Nvidea GTS 8800 video card with 640mg of onboard ram (overclocked) and a Matrox Triplehead2go device. I've just tested it over Gatwick (UK2000) with every slider maxed out and the resolution set at 3840 x 1024, it's giving 25 frames per second minimum. With resolution set at 3072 x 768 it runs around 45FPS. There's trees and buildings everywhere and even baggage carts and fuel trucks rolling around the apron. It's a new plane! There is still a lot of tuning to do as all the software is freshly installed and all of the previous settings are lost but it will be all finished by the weekend. Soooooooooooooo Stoked!

Gwyn

David Rogers
10-17-2007, 08:03 AM
Congrats Gwyn, I am turning dark green with envy!

Tomlin
10-17-2007, 08:32 AM
Gwyn, Im stoked with you, but Darn it man! You have went and made me want to go ahead and build my new system that I just need to wait on a bit longer!

BTW, Im surprised the 'authorities' havent contacted you about your avatar picture...You should have your virtual ATP rating recended for flying like that! :-)

andarlite
10-17-2007, 09:36 AM
Hey Gwyn

Way to go, glad you got everything going. How are you planning to utilize the TH2G? I know you have a projector so are you planning 2 more projectors? Or 2 LCD's with the projector?

Regards,
Henry

James Twomey
10-17-2007, 10:15 AM
Hi Gwyn,

Hey that is great. I too am running a 2.4 quad core, however I'm using FSX and not FS9. I know the feeling of seeing all the sliders maxed out and not seeing any visual jitters. I have even put in the Mega Scenery for FSX and I still get above 25 FPS.

I have heard that you are supposed to be able to assign running programs to individual CPU's. Have you heard of that or tried something along those lines?

Matt Olieman
10-17-2007, 10:18 AM
Envy, Envy, Envy....... Swishshshhshshshshshhshsh, I think I just saw you're computer fly by :)

Michael Carter
10-17-2007, 12:12 PM
I've just got to build a new computer. This one was old when I got it.

Let's see some screen shots Gwyn!

Westozy's missus
10-18-2007, 01:46 AM
Hey Gwyn

Way to go, glad you got everything going. How are you planning to utilize the TH2G? I know you have a projector so are you planning 2 more projectors? Or 2 LCD's with the projector?

Regards,
Henry

Let's not even go there Henry - he's got plenty of toys.......for now;)

chrisdanker
10-18-2007, 03:21 AM
Hey Gwyn,

Like most of the other guys , we are ultimatly jealous of your system and getting the framerates that you mentioned. I too have been waiting to upgrade to a higher processor and graphics card and almost did it too last month but something came up and of couse the funds are diverted to that.

Anyway I am pretty much close to getting a new system and was wondering with all the hardware that you guys have, what Operating system do you have? Win Xp or Vista? And with which Flight Sim ( FS9 or FSX? ) are you using it with?

I hope to get to your level of building one of these days and currently am going to make my pedestal and hopefully a simple Throttle system using my Old Safeline Jet throttle assembly that I have broken down to use the throttle levers. Will get some pics posted soon.

Cheer mates :roll:

Westozy
10-18-2007, 05:17 AM
Hi guys, some answers!

Tomlin - That's the way I fly when I'm taking it seriously! My 737 is fully aerobatic, it makes passengers in the sim queezy, lol.

Andarlite - Monitor 1 = front view(projector), Monitor 2 = Attitude/Nav displays split to both sides, Monitor 3 = Eicas display. I only run 1 PC, side views will need extra PCs, Wideview etc. Not going there yet!

Westozy's missus = See above and get me another beer or else I'll cut down on loving time!

James - Only running 1 PC, see my article in September Computer Pilot magazine. It describes my cheap and easy set up.

Chris - I'm sticking with XP & FS9 until one PC software arrives for FSX. I'm waiting to see what PMDG come up with next. I've heard they are revising the 737NG for FS9 with overhead interface for builders aswel as the forthcoming NGX, I hope it's true!

Gwyn

chrisdanker
10-18-2007, 12:34 PM
Gwyn,

Any chance you can send the article in PDF to my e-mail? Would be interesting to see what was written. My e-mail cjdanker@streamyx.com

If you cant , dont worry. Will try to look for the Article on the web

Tomlin
10-18-2007, 02:18 PM
I couldnt help myself. I just had to.

Yep, I went ahead and....priced a system. Just for fun of course! :-/

"Seriously, honey, I was just looking".

I could build THE system for just a bit over $1000 USD. Wow, cant wait for these new video cards to drop down in price from the $500 range. Who would have ever thought that half the costs of a contemporary sytem was half the entire price of the machine.

At any rate, Enjoy the new PC Gwyn!

Westozy
10-18-2007, 06:33 PM
I couldnt help myself. I just had to.

Yep, I went ahead and....priced a system. Just for fun of course! :-/

"Seriously, honey, I was just looking".

I could build THE system for just a bit over $1000 USD. Wow, cant wait for these new video cards to drop down in price from the $500 range. Who would have ever thought that half the costs of a contemporary sytem was half the entire price of the machine.

At any rate, Enjoy the new PC Gwyn!

I think sometimes you just have to 'bite the bullet' and pay for what is really required to remove the frustrations and paint a big smile on your face. I paid just over OZ$500 for the TH2Go from the aussie distributor which was painful because Matrox would not sell direct to me, even after I wrote the big promo for them in CP mag - disappointed! Now the sim is running so smoothly the pain is gone. In other words, go for it and get that super PC. It is probably the most important piece of a cockpit, I now regret not doing this earlier.

Chris - the CP issue on PDF is 22Mg, If you send me an email, I'll reply with my original draft word doc. Your account is blocking me from emailing you!

Gwyn