PDA

View Full Version : Aloha from Hawaii

archestra
10-13-2007, 05:29 PM
Greetings.
I am new here- and trying to build a virtual cockpit. Mine is a little different than most- I am building a WWII era cockpit- focusing on a life-size 2-axis control stick, rudders, throttle, and Trakker IR based visual system. My project has a monitor mounted on a pivot- so that when you turn your head, the trakker-IR will change the view accordingly.
I am interested in corresponding with anyone who could offer help with servo motors, small hydrolic systems, or force-feedback technology. (Or just anyone who shares the interest.)
I live in Hawaii, and there are not too many outfits that can do custom welding here either..

Anyway- aloha fellow sim-addicts...

Jamie

JBaymore
10-13-2007, 06:30 PM
Jamie,

Welcome to the forum. You've found a good resource here. We are all as crazy as you are! ;)

Keep us posted on your efforts.

best,

.........john

AndyT
10-14-2007, 04:58 AM
Howzit Brah! You wen found dakine here!

Good to have you join us here. I live on Oahu. This is THE place for cockpit builders.

Matt Olieman
10-14-2007, 07:51 AM
Jamie, welcome aboard. You've joined in the right place for your cockpit building questions. Lot's of help-full folks here :)

Love to hear more of your project, and when pictures are available, we all love to look at them.

Welcome :)

AndyT
05-23-2008, 04:50 PM
Jamie,

How is your project coming along?
Have any pix to share?