PDA

View Full Version : Hello to everyone!

Daz Cooke
10-12-2007, 09:38 AM
Hi everyone,

I've just registered finally after viewing the site a couple of times. After reading some great comments and innovative ideas,im looking forward to chatting with some helpful people,and also passing on advice if i can.

Im definately not new to Flight Sim, but i am quite new to the building side of things. I've done extensive research before beginning my 'Project' and have started building in the last few months.....with a long and expensive but worth it road ahead!
Im quite lucky though as the work I do for a living is Electronics so i have cheap and easy access to a lot of parts eg Switches, L.E.D's, Cable etc.

I have been flying the PMDG 737NG for a few years and have decided to base my project on this excellent aircraft.
My Main Instrument Panel stand is now complete and awaiting the mounting of my panels, Im hoping to post some pictures soon on the forum and look forward to any feedback and advice offered.

Daz

Trevor Hale
10-12-2007, 09:46 AM
Hi Daz,

Welcome back to Mycockpit.org. It seems you are quite eager to get into the building scene. It's great to see someone with as much energy as you seem to have. I am looking forward to seeing your pictures, and am glad you decided to register.

Thanks for stopping in, and I am sure the electronics field will help you out in more ways then you could imagine.

If you need anything, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Trev

Bob Reed
10-12-2007, 10:20 AM
Hey Daz.. Nice that you are going to stick around! Always nice to have someone with knowledge in any area here to ask questions. Look froward to your pictures and to hear what advice you have to offer!

Matt Olieman
10-12-2007, 10:55 AM
Daz, welcome back :) The one thing we love to do, is help fellow builders with their projects.

Glad to see you here.... look forward toward seeing pictures of your project as you progress.

JBaymore
10-12-2007, 10:59 AM
Daz,

Welcome aboard. I am sure that everyone here is looking forward to seeing what you are doing. If you need help... jsut ask. You'll get it.

This is a dedicated R+D site....... ripoff and duplicate! ;)

best,

...............john

Bob Reed
10-12-2007, 11:00 AM
Daz,

best,

...............john

:D hehehehehe.... I like that!!!!:cool:

Daz Cooke
10-14-2007, 08:44 AM
Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Im hoping to get the photo's of my M.I.P stand online in the next few days, which I've recently finished painting in a nice looking coat of RAL 7011 which I've read is a good match for the grey colour i needed.
Must say i was quite impressed by the result.

Im also hoping to land my hands on the 737 (IBL) pro M.I.P panel from FDS in the next month or Two and would love to know if anyone is using this setup and if the have any comments, good or bad about this particular piece of kit. And also if its as real to use as im sure the rest of our builders would like it to be?

ivar hestnes
10-14-2007, 09:06 AM
Dont keep us waiting, come on with the pictures:D

I have the FDS signature series MIP panels, and FDS made a kit so I could fit the pro-M IBL panels into my signature mip. And the result is awesome. The backlighting is really nice.

Higly recommended.

You can see pictures on the link below:smile:

Matt Olieman
10-14-2007, 09:34 AM
Yeah, pics are good :)

Daz Cooke
10-14-2007, 12:14 PM
Cool pics Ivar,

Hope my build will look half as good as yours

Thanks for the feedback on the FDS panels I just wanted to hear someone else's opinion who actually had this setup running.

It looks real to me...!!!

I will be using the FDS MCP/EFIS setup aswell I think.

phil744
10-14-2007, 01:02 PM
Hi Daz,

Welcome to mycockpit.org, I am also new here aswell but everyone here has made me feel welcome so I am sure will do the same for you, look forward to seeing your pic soon.

Bloody **** im only 20 minutes away from you, im up here in sunny Preston!

Phil

Michael Carter
10-14-2007, 08:36 PM
Daz,

Welcome aboard. I am sure that everyone here is looking forward to seeing what you are doing. If you need help... jsut ask. You'll get it.

best,

...............john

Got that right! :mrgreen:

Daz Cooke
10-15-2007, 04:51 AM
Hi Phil,

Its nice to hear that you live local mate, maybe this could prove to be quite valuable for both our builds!

I know your new to the site like I am and we're definataly in the right place for advice and ideas.

How far through your build are you?
What setup are/will you be using?

ps, Wish Manchester was as sunny as Preston!!! lol