PDA

View Full Version : Hi from jons872 Scotland

jons872
10-11-2007, 03:55 PM
I'm pleased to find this forum and I have seen some of the youtube videos, like the joyrider and tronicgr. Really good to help beginners like myself. Don't hesitate to email me on your projects, I could use help myself.
Nice to be here.

Jon B

Bob Reed
10-11-2007, 03:59 PM
Nice to have you here Jon! Let see some pics in the gallery! We are all just nuts, so don't mind us. Looking forward to seeing your project.

Trevor Hale
10-11-2007, 04:00 PM
Welcome to Mycockpit.org Jon,

It's great to have you here. Please post pictures of your project in the gallery. I am looking forward to seeing your progress.

If you would like, feel free to join into any of the discussions, I am sure you have lots of information to offer.

Best regards,

Trev

jons872
11-02-2007, 06:47 PM
:p Did you know that you can make a projector from a monitor by using a fresnel lens to project an image 100" on your wall or a screen.
The quality is ok and it can be done easily for a £5 and simple tools and a couple of boxs to hold the lens.
When you try to set up a projector like this make sure you invert the desktop of the monitor your using ( easy done) as a lens turns the image upside down.
Any body did this yet im in the process of geting the fresnel lens tommorrow and giving it a try.

Jon B

wollo
11-03-2007, 08:33 AM
Welcome aboard mate, you appear to be quite local to me.

jons872
11-04-2007, 04:13 PM
Hi,
Thats some set up are you using. I'm new to building this stuff. Do you use 3 pc's for your setup and do you need this kind of processing power for your cockpit.

Jon B

wollo
11-13-2007, 04:17 PM
Not sure if you were asking me that question.(so incase you were) All three PCs are heavily loaded during flight. I'm running instuments on both lower spec PCs and active Sky X. Every process I can successfully run of the main PC helps.