PDA

View Full Version : Fsuipc Problems Can Anyone Help?

Geremy Britton
10-04-2007, 12:42 PM
two questions i cant find the how to assign the speed hold button on the autopilot in fsuipc. i want to assign the speed hold switch to a button on my autopilot panel.

Also i have a rotary switch i want to assign to heading change on the autopilot panel. but i cannot find the place in fsuipc anywhere i can find altitude and vertical speed but no heading.

Please advise asap

Thanks

Bob Reed
10-04-2007, 12:48 PM
two questions i cant find the how to assign the speed hold button on the autopilot in fsuipc. i want to assign the speed hold switch to a button on my autopilot panel.

Also i have a rotary switch i want to assign to heading change on the autopilot panel. but i cannot find the place in fsuipc anywhere i can find altitude and vertical speed but no heading.

Please advise asap

Thanks

Couple of questions here. Are your buttons seen in FSUIPC? And are you using the FS autopilot?

Geremy Britton
10-04-2007, 12:55 PM
yes everything is picked up by fsuipc.

i am using the desktop aviators autopilot panel

Tomlin
10-04-2007, 01:33 PM
Rotary switch or Rotary Encoder?

Geremy Britton
10-04-2007, 01:38 PM
rotary switch

Bob Reed
10-04-2007, 01:40 PM
I am firing up the FS machine now to take a look. Rotary switches work just like regular switches in FSUIPC. For the hold there should just be a drop down list for that. Looking.

Bob Reed
10-04-2007, 01:56 PM
Push the button you want to use, in the check box select FS control, then from the drop down list select AP Panel speed toggle....

Geremy Britton
10-04-2007, 02:06 PM
thanks will check now!:razz:

Geremy Britton
10-04-2007, 02:29 PM
I have found the assignment in fsuipc but doesn't activate the speed hold on autopilot. instead it cycles the view for some very odd reason. and still the speed hold doesn't come on after i get the view backi nto the cockpit?

I have checked and erased any function assignments withing FS so there are duplications. also checked fsuipc to ensure only one correct funtion is selected for each switch.

Any help would be great,

Geremy

Bob Reed
10-04-2007, 02:34 PM
Sounds like something is assingneing the switches to the views. Better go back and double check that FS is not doing it. In fact you may want to look to see if there is more then 1 joystick in FS. If that is the case you will have to delte all those assignments too.

Geremy Britton
10-04-2007, 03:04 PM
in fact yes, i do have a joystick that has view cycle on it i will make sure the buttons are not duplicated across two devices. Thanks for your help bob much appreciated. will try again when i have chance tomorrow. I have to work as well unfortunately:D Its not all sit and dream!;)

Thanks again

Geremy Britton
10-05-2007, 12:30 PM
Thanks deleted all assignments over multiple devices. seems to be working now.

Thanks very much bob all sorted!

Appreciated:)

Bob Reed
10-05-2007, 12:41 PM
Glad you have it working!!!