PDA

View Full Version : Hi from the Gold Coast Australia

RobiD
09-26-2007, 08:22 PM
Hi Everyone,

Just found this forum. I have been an active member of the Avsim forums for some years.

I have built a 2DOF sim based on the Simcraft model using vacuum for motion.

I bought the book "Making simulated aircraft instruments" from mikes flightdeck, and built all the analogue gauges.

I built a cnc machine to make all the parts for the sim including complete 777 overhead panel, radio panels etc.

All panels are backlit and I am using FSBus NG and classic.

I have now changed tack on the motion side of things and I am going down the road of wiper motors for motion. I have purchased a Vellemen K8055 board and I am leaning down Jim's "The Plan" concept.

So that's where I'm at. If anyone has any ideas that may be useful or suggestions, they are most welcome.

David

PS yes, I will post some pictures at some point.

Bob Reed
09-26-2007, 09:49 PM
Hi David and welcome! We are a fun bunch here, crazy, but fun! I look forward to seeing your pictures!!

Michael Carter
09-26-2007, 09:59 PM
Welcome to the site!

Did you build an HSI for your sim?

dodiano
09-26-2007, 11:09 PM
Pics would be cool hope you post them soon!!

Welcome!!!!

Regards,

Roberto

RobiD
09-27-2007, 01:00 AM
No I haven't done the HSI yet, but I have done the g-code for the cnc machine, have the servos and 7 seg Leds all ready to go. Just need to get the time to cut it all out, assemble and test.

Pics won't be long.

Michael Carter
09-27-2007, 01:13 AM
If you get around to a project of that complexity, I'd sure be interested in hearing about it.

ares
09-27-2007, 01:22 AM
David,
I think there was/is a very talented builder on the gold coast or bisbane, also called david. He has an almost finished project and has been involved in flighdecks for a number of years as i remember and has helped alot of people. From all reports he is a very nice fellow too. I'll dig out his email address hopefully it will still work. Might be worth a try?

RobiD
09-27-2007, 01:25 AM
No problems, could be a little while though. New baby due in next week and I'm sure time will be a problem for a little while longer.

RobiD
09-27-2007, 01:27 AM
David,
I think there was/is a very talented builder on the gold coast or bisbane, also called david. He has an almost finished project and has been involved in flighdecks for a number of years as i remember and has helped alot of people. From all reports he is a very nice fellow too. I'll dig out his email address hopefully it will still work. Might be worth a try?

That's freaky, it's probably me. My wife tells me I'm a nice fellow. lol

Michael Carter
09-27-2007, 01:59 AM
The wait is no problem. You get used to it in this hobby.;)

RobiD
09-27-2007, 03:14 AM
Ok, here's a couple of older photos showing overhead backlit but unpopulated, http://www.safeweightloss4kids.com/davidstorage/2007_06210055.jpg

MCP and some of the analogue gauges,

http://www.safeweightloss4kids.com/davidstorage/2007_06210004.jpg

and behind the scenes

http://www.safeweightloss4kids.com/davidstorage/2006_10020004.jpg

Hope you enjoy.