PDA

View Full Version : GA Builders - Have you seen Seagull Sim?

David Rogers
09-25-2007, 05:08 AM
Hey all,

While hunting around for MIP Panel suppliers yesterday, I came across Sea Gull Simulation ( www.sgsim.com (http://www.sgsim.com) ).

I had never heard of this cockpit hardware supplier, but their proposition is fascinating - they provide a plug and play box that goes into the PC by USB, then you buy as many instrument gauges as you need (this is all GA only by the way), and they simply daisy chain together. The entire system is 100% plug and play - no I/O boards, no programming, no electronics. The devices self configure when you power them up, then you launch FS and you're off, flying with proper gauges!

As someone who is interested in cockpit building but not at all in the electronics and complex configuration aspects, this seems a really great solution.

It just made me wish I had more enthusiasm towards GA aircraft! It's a shame they don't offer this system with 727 gauges - can you imagine that!

David.

Westozy
09-25-2007, 06:10 AM
Great Link David,

It's always great to see new players on the block to start lowering the prices. The page says airliner standby gauges soon...

Gwyn

AndyT
09-25-2007, 06:12 AM
They also imply they are working on a radio stack.
I've been aware of them for about a year now. Its an interesting concept, but I really want to see the radio stack they are working on.

Tomlin
09-25-2007, 08:41 AM
Wow, they also say they are building a Flight Mgt Computer, now that is something I am very interested in if it's competitively priced with the other 2 makers. How awesome would it be if it came with FMC software too!

:-) Cant I dream?

David Rogers
09-25-2007, 10:16 AM
As well as GA (which doesn't interest me personally), you could use their gauges to make a pretty easy build for a generic 'steam gauged' airliner.

(Basically, sticking their gauges into a suitably sized MIP, and using as a base for a 727 or the likes).

Michael Carter
09-25-2007, 11:30 AM
Great Link David,

It's always great to see new players on the block to start lowering the prices. The page says airliner standby gauges soon...

Gwyn

That statement has been on the site for some time with no new product.

Trevor Hale
09-25-2007, 11:31 AM
Ouch Not CHEEP.

If I just wanted to add the Whiskey Compass.. 350 Euro's for the Interface card, and 425 Euro's for the compass.

Little pricey unfortunately!

David Rogers
09-28-2007, 06:10 AM
Trevor,

Nah - the 'Master' prices include 1 interface card. So for your Whiskey Compass example, it would be just the 425 to have it working. :)

Agree still quite expensive though, but a good option for those that are put off by the thought of manually setting up I/O and interfacing - just plug and play the whole lot!

Trevor Hale
09-28-2007, 08:09 AM
Ohhhh Ok cool, well thats a bit better then the $7?? LOL. I didn't realize that.

Great news.

Thanks