PDA

View Full Version : I have another panel built.

jmig
09-23-2007, 06:25 PM
Here is the latest on the T-38C cockpit.

BTW - Boeing, I redid some of the warning light cases using your suggestions. They now look a lot better. I will rebuild the other two also. Thanks for the help.

Matt Olieman
09-23-2007, 06:28 PM
Looks FANTASTIC John :)

When are you going to take me flying in your sim? :)

Bob Reed
09-23-2007, 06:30 PM
That Sir.... Is starting to look pretty good!!! Thank you for sharing your work!

Tomlin
09-23-2007, 07:08 PM
John,

What method are you using to make your panels?

jmig
09-23-2007, 07:40 PM
John,

What method are you using to make your panels?

Two sheet of clear plastic. I paint the bottom one black. I draw the panels in TurboCad and print them on either my laser or Desk Jet. I then use tacky spray to hold the panel print on the lower on and the clear plastic goes on top.

jmig
09-23-2007, 07:41 PM
Looks FANTASTIC John :)

When are you going to take me flying in your sim? :)

My goal is to have it flying by Christmas. That is when my 12 old nephew comes to visit. I will then start phase two which is the Up Front Control Panel (UFCP), think FMC.

jmig
09-23-2007, 07:42 PM
That Sir.... Is starting to look pretty good!!! Thank you for sharing your work!

Thanks Bob. Now the hard part will start. I have to wire it up and make all those cool switches work. LOL

Michael Carter
09-23-2007, 08:05 PM
Hey John that's looking reaaly great. I haven' seen a T-38 in a looong time, but I'll bet it looks just like that.

Glad I could help with the indicators. ;)

spitfire9
09-24-2007, 02:43 AM
Jmig,, Do you have some pictures or anything on your rudder set up ??

Looks like the linkage is from the top of the rudders, under the dash,, is this correct ?

I've been thinking of doing it that way.

And did you build those pedals yourself?

Westozy
09-24-2007, 05:57 AM
Great work John, looks great!

Gwyn

Geremy Britton
09-24-2007, 11:25 AM
I make my own panels too and it certainly is challenging. I have bought the real dzus fastners from nick at aphs a while ago. and these fit into drilled holes on my sprayed mdf panels. Then for labelling i use letraset for white lettering a cheap way to label panels by rub on letters. then a gloss is used to seal the letters from accidentally peeling off. then i add whetever switches buttons etc i need and wire them up.

take a look at the gallery i posted a picture of one of my homemade panels last week - i'm pretty pleased for what it cost me to the real thing!

Geremy

jmig
09-26-2007, 11:26 PM
Jmig,, Do you have some pictures or anything on your rudder set up ??

Looks like the linkage is from the top of the rudders, under the dash,, is this correct ?

I've been thinking of doing it that way.

And did you build those pedals yourself?

Sorry to get back so late. I am out of town traveling. Here are a couple of pictures of the pedals. Yes, I did build the myself. Let me know if you need more info. when I get home, I can send you other pictures, if needed.

jmig
09-26-2007, 11:27 PM
I make my own panels too and it certainly is challenging. I have bought the real dzus fastners from nick at aphs a while ago. and these fit into drilled holes on my sprayed mdf panels. Then for labelling i use letraset for white lettering a cheap way to label panels by rub on letters. then a gloss is used to seal the letters from accidentally peeling off. then i add whetever switches buttons etc i need and wire them up.

take a look at the gallery i posted a picture of one of my homemade panels last week - i'm pretty pleased for what it cost me to the real thing!

Geremy

Where do you get the letraset? Is that it's real name?

Tomlin
09-27-2007, 09:54 AM
Sorry to get back so late. I am out of town traveling. Here are a couple of pictures of the pedals. Yes, I did build the myself. Let me know if you need more info. when I get home, I can send you other pictures, if needed.

That is impressive, those pedals. I am thinking the Lear pedals are like this possibly. In the spirit of Maurice's last post, I think I will stick to the CH pedals for now...

Geremy Britton
09-27-2007, 11:18 AM
John, Yes it is actually called letraset here is the link they do black and white letters in loads of sizes i use 3mm letters for labelling then 5mm for the panel (eg. Comm1 etc.) looks pretty good but you do need to be careful in applying them to get them entirly straight does take some time to get the hang off.

I use helvetica medium condensed appeares the best option it tells you at the bottom whet colours they can be ordered in most do white and black a standard.

http://www.letraset.com/design/shopdisplaycategories.asp?id=57&cat=Letraset+Transfers

Delivery time for these was absolutely excellent came a week earlier than expected about 4 days after purchase!:D

Geremy