PDA

View Full Version : Go Flight

Bob Reed
09-20-2007, 02:32 PM
Is anyone using Go Flight switch modules with PMSystems? And if so can you give a brief basic setup?

Denis
09-20-2007, 04:30 PM
Hi Bob,

I am still searching docs and tips to pilot PM Systems with my RP48 RMK and T8 RMK modules.

I also want to use this hardware with PMRJGlass Cockpit, but the only way i can use it actually is using GFKEYS.

I don't understand how I can use the advanced FSUIPC functions (where are the offset corresponding to the wanted functions, which value i must set to abtain what i want and so;;;

If anybody knows....

Denis

Tomlin
09-20-2007, 04:55 PM
Denis, what aircraft are you building? I am using the default Learjet with PMRJ and I can control the majority of functions just fine. Can you elaborate? Also, You may want to do some forum searching over at GF (although it's not the most active forum).

Best,

Denis
09-20-2007, 05:23 PM
Nice to see your answer !

Denis, what aircraft are you building? I am using the default Learjet with PMRJ and I can control the majority of functions just fine.
I use the default Lear. I actually use 10 goflight modules. I have 2 RMK cards in stock and wait 2 others. My master PC is a P4 3.00 Ghz (It is just correct with FS X). This master PC has PMSystems installed, but I don't use it actually. When I have the next PC, I will convert this P4 in PM slave. I have 3 Flight Illusion gauges running on the master.
My second PC is displaying PMRJGC on 2 8" LCD. I want to connect my RMK cards to this second PC and install the knobs to drive PMRJ between the 2 LCD screens.

Can you elaborate? Also, You may want to do some forum searching over at GF (although it's not the most active forum).
There is a ot of work to achieve my simulator ! EG : I cannot drive the fuel valves correctly (why do they work sometimes and not anytime ?), the pressursation system is not working (and in PMRJGC this part is displayed but not working. The PM guys have confirmed this in a mail in may, but the next update did'nt correct this bug). I don't know how to drive a PMRJ or a PMSystems function with FSUIPC. Do you have a Learjet file for PM Systems ?

Best,

Best regards

Denis

Thomas Richter
09-20-2007, 05:29 PM
Is anyone using Go Flight switch modules with PMSystems? And if so can you give a brief basic setup?

Hi Bob

You can program this modules (Swiches and Buttons) in FSUIPC direct on Buttons page like a joystickbutton. Should not be a problem.
To use the Leds and Switches / Buttons you would need to use GFDisplay from Pete.

GoFlight display and indicator handler for registered FSUIPC users - March 22nd 2007 (130 KB)
http://www.schiratti.com/files/dowson/GFdisplay.zip

eudoniga
09-27-2007, 10:25 AM
The only GF thing which I couldn't get to program via FSUIPC are the four knobs of the RP48: for this reason I'm still using GFKeys with the RP48.

Peter Dowson
09-27-2007, 11:01 AM
The only GF thing which I couldn't get to program via FSUIPC are the four knobs of the RP48: for this reason I'm still using GFKeys with the RP48.

I have two RP48's programmed fine through FSUIPC. What is wrong in your system? Each of the rotary switches are programmable as 4 "buttons" in FSUIPC, fast and slow in each direction.

Regards

Pete

eudoniga
09-27-2007, 11:30 AM
OK, didn't know about this other opportunity ...

My conclusion came simply because after accessing the "buttons" section in the same way done for programming the RP48 push buttons, operating the knob wasn't "recognized" as a "joystick# x - button# y" input, so I thought there was no way to assign a FSUIPC command to the rotating knobs (yet) ... glad to know I was wrong !

Where shall I go to know more about this feature ?

Thanks a lot Peter !

Peter Dowson
09-27-2007, 03:08 PM
My conclusion came simply because after accessing the "buttons" section in the same way done for programming the RP48 push buttons, operating the knob wasn't "recognized" as a "joystick# x - button# y" input

This is why I am puzzled. It works fine here. Maybe your GFdev.dll is an old version? Try updating your GF software. Or look on my Support Forum, the version I use is available in one of the Downloads announcements.

Where shall I go to know more about this feature ?

The section on Buttons in the FSUIPC User Guide describes it, including the fast/slow left-right slow fast arrangement << < -- > >>

Regards

Pete

eudoniga
09-28-2007, 06:07 AM
will do and report back to you asap.

thanks !!!

Bob Reed
09-28-2007, 10:17 AM
Hi guys. With the advice and help given here by Thomas and Peter, I have this working now. Thanks guys!

eudoniga
10-01-2007, 04:59 AM
Hello Peter,
just to let you know that installing the last GF modules, released last july, did the job.
Without a precise reason, I went on thinking that it was enough to keep FSUIPC updated ...
Thanks !

Peter Dowson
10-01-2007, 07:46 AM
Hello Peter,
just to let you know that installing the last GF modules, released last july, did the job.

Good! glad that's sorted! ;-)

Pete

eudoniga
10-09-2007, 12:05 PM
What's the way - if any - to drive the Systems from a GF T8/P8/RP48 by poking directly all PM Offsets (as in sysvars.txt) and not just those of the MCP, CDU and GC listed on the FSUIPC advanced user's guide ?

Peter Dowson
10-09-2007, 12:16 PM
What's the way - if any - to drive the Systems from a GF T8/P8/RP48 by poking directly all PM Offsets (as in sysvars.txt) and not just those of the MCP, CDU and GC listed on the FSUIPC advanced user's guide ?

You can set any offset, whether whole Bytes, Words (2-bytes), Dwords (4-bytes) or Doubles (64-bit floating point) using the appropriate "Offset XXXX Set" control. It is documented, and I think there are even examples in the User Guide.

You can clear and set individual bits using a mask as parameter and the "Offset XXXX Setbits" or "Offset XXXX Clrbits" controls.

Regards

Pete

eudoniga
10-10-2007, 03:28 AM
What will I say, mr. Dowson ...

THANK YOU for being still SO patient with all those who don't read the docs THOROUGHLY enough !!!

:roll:

eudoniga
10-17-2007, 05:39 AM
... but I don't get to switch on and off the single bits (talking about button programming via FSUIPC user interface).

For setting bytes, I specify the hex code as the first parameter, and then the desired value (0, 1, 2 ...) in the other input box, and it works.

For single bits, I tried using Offset Byte Setbit (or Clrbit or ToggleBit), with the offset hex code (taken from PM sysvar.txt listing) as the first parameter and ... how about the second one (which, I guess, is the one related to the bit to be set/cleared/toggled) ?

Is it a mask that must be input ? In which format ?

This time I previously went to fetch the documentation, but reading top of page 35 of FSUIPC Advanced User Guide wasn't clear enough for a poor, untechnical, soul like mine ... alas !!!

Sorry, mr. Dowson ...

Thomas Richter
10-17-2007, 05:57 AM
... but I don't get to switch on and off the single bits (talking about button programming via FSUIPC user interface).

For setting bytes, I specify the hex code as the first parameter, and then the desired value (0, 1, 2 ...) in the other input box, and it works.

For single bits, I tried using Offset Byte Setbit (or Clrbit or ToggleBit), with the offset hex code (taken from PM sysvar.txt listing) as the first parameter and ... how about the second one (which, I guess, is the one related to the bit to be set/cleared/toggled) ?

Is it a mask that must be input ? In which format ?

This time I previously went to fetch the documentation, but reading top of page 35 of FSUIPC Advanced User Guide wasn't clear enough for a poor, untechnical, soul like mine ... alas !!!

Sorry, mr. Dowson ...

Hi

The second number is just the value of the Bit, e.g.
Bit 0 = 1
Bit 1 = 2
Bit 2 = 4
Bit 3 = 8
Bit 4 = 16
Bit 5 = 32
Bit 6 = 64
Bit 7 = 128

So if you read in sysvar.txt
5628 .0 Batt1
5628 .1 Batt2
5678 .4 APUBleed

you use in FSUIPC for Byte SetBit / ClrBit
1/ Batt1
Offset 5628 and value 1

2/ Batt2
Offset 5628 and value 2

3/ APUBleed
Offset 5678 and value 16

eudoniga
10-17-2007, 06:10 AM
I get it now !!!

This means that - using the intermediate values - you can set/clear/toggle more than one bit at a time ?

:D

Thomas Richter
10-17-2007, 06:40 AM
I get it now !!!

This means that - using the intermediate values - you can set/clear/toggle more than one bit at a time ?

:D

I never tried it, but I would say yes.
I think if you like to switch e.g. Batt1 and Batt2 to ON or OFF at the same time, you use value 3.
But easy try it to see what happens.

eudoniga
10-24-2007, 11:49 AM
Okay, thanks again Thomas: I tried and it works.
Very useful indeed, e.g. you can toggle on and off all window heating system switches at a time, controlled by single bits, if you happen to have only one hardware switch. This way, you need adding no more lines to the logics file to synchronize the switches in the "soft" way ...

As for driving the various knobs, with 3, 4, 7 o 8 positions, can you please tell me - talking about the Offset Byte Cyclic Increase / Decrease - what's the correct syntaxe of the parameter field ?

I saw there is a x/y format ... what exactly is x and what is y ?

Thanks in advance !

Thomas Richter
10-24-2007, 12:50 PM
Okay, thanks again Thomas: I tried and it works.
Very useful indeed, e.g. you can toggle on and off all window heating system switches at a time, controlled by single bits, if you happen to have only one hardware switch. This way, you need adding no more lines to the logics file to synchronize the switches in the "soft" way ...

As for driving the various knobs, with 3, 4, 7 o 8 positions, can you please tell me - talking about the Offset Byte Cyclic Increase / Decrease - what's the correct syntaxe of the parameter field ?

I saw there is a x/y format ... what exactly is x and what is y ?

Thanks in advance !

Byte Cyclic Increase
5/1
increase the Byte by one up to 5, then it starts at 0 again.

Byte Cyclic Decrease
0/1
decrease the Byte by one down to 0.

Peter Dowson
10-24-2007, 02:21 PM
Byte Cyclic Increase
5/1
increase the Byte by one up to 5, then it starts at 0 again.

Byte Cyclic Decrease
0/1
decrease the Byte by one down to 0.

Ah, my documentation evidently leaves something to be desired. Sorry.

If you are editing the FSUIPC INI file, the parameter is:

xAAAABBBB where AAAA is the limit, and BBBB is the increment/decrement.

In the Keys or Buttons tab in FSUIPC options, the same thing would be given by

xBBBB/AAAA in hex (or simply B/A in decimal)

and it doesn't matter whether it is an increment or decrement -- the limit is the value at which it either loops to 0 (for an increment) or from 0 (for a decrement).

So to re-do your examples, Thomas:

Byte Cyclic Increase
1/5 increases the Byte by one up to 5, then it starts at 0 again.

Byte Cyclic Decrease
1/5 decreases the Byte by one down to 0, then it starts at 5 again.

I'm a bit sad that my documentation is no good. Here's the important parts which seem to have been ignored (there's a complete "boxed" part in the User Guide about this):

<increment value=""> increment value/limit <limit>See ... isn't it clear that it is the opposite way around to your examples?

The decrement example perhaps isn't quite so clear:

256/–16383 (–16383 being the lower limit). Perhaps what should have been pointed out is that this "limit" is the end of the range for which, in the case of "cyclic" values, is the one which isn't 0. The other end is always 0. There's no point in giving a limit of 0 because that's always assumed as one of the limits, and if both limits are 0 you can get, er, stuck! ;-)

Sorry if it is confusing. It was all meant to be so simple ...

Pete
</limit></increment>