PDA

View Full Version : CDU "improper" behavior ?

eudoniga
09-19-2007, 06:32 AM
Hi gents, let me describe here a couple behaviors, just to see if this happens only to my setup, or if it's a common issue ...

We're talking about the PM latest releases (exited last august, the CDU version is 392).

a) The takeoff page shows - incoherently at the same time - the "pre-flight status complete" label, and the LSK links to pages which are supposed to have missing input ...

b) The takeoff page doesn't automatically shift to ACT CLB - ACT CRZ - ACT DES pages as far as the flight progresses from phase to phase (and we're flying constantly in VNAV mode), that's why they're all "ACT" pages ...

c) Whilst the "RTE" page becomes "ACT RTE" after EXECution, "PERF" page doesn't become "ACT PERF" after EXECution.

Did you ever notice such behaviors ?

Thanks and happy flying,

Eu

Jan Pemöller
09-19-2007, 07:01 AM
yep can confirm a,b,c ...

eudoniga
09-20-2007, 07:06 AM
... all the RTA functions !!!

:roll:

(RTA PROGRESS and RTA functions made their appearance in CDU software version U4.0 dated oct. 1988 - see p. 266 of Bill Bulfer's excellent FMC guide)

Cheers,
Eu

themis
09-20-2007, 08:48 AM
Confirmed the a,b,c too...

Also when you insert a speed constrain for an altitute lower than 10000ft (eg 210/) in the legs page the altitude becomes a two digit number.

ATV 250/7450

Scratchpad: 210/

ATV 210/ 34

It's not affects the flight however...

eudoniga
09-20-2007, 09:10 AM
rather, I saw that four digits are required to "confirm" (make big) an altitude constraint minor than one thousand feet, thus beginning with a "mandatory" zero, e.g. /0145 ...

:cool: