PDA

View Full Version : New Version FS2Phidget not recognising connected Phidgets

ozziesim
09-16-2007, 11:57 AM
Hi,

i was using the older version of FS2Phidgets while i was trying to nut out some servo issues i decided to upgrade to the new version. Only one problem it doesnt acknowledge that the Phidget is connected, i tried unplugging and plugging it back in, i tried a reinstall but nothing works.

When i connect and disconnect my phidget manager recognises the connected device however FS2Phidget does not.

Any suggestions

AndyT
09-16-2007, 03:29 PM
What library are you using? I dont recall if Alan has released a new library yet but I had issues like that because my library was bugged.
Read this;
http://mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6889

JBaymore
09-16-2007, 03:34 PM
I think I remember Alan saying a while back that the new version would work with the NEW Phidgets msi library......... so maybe it also WON'T work with the OLD msi library.

I haven't tried the new upgrade yet. Too busy.

best,

..................john

ozziesim
09-16-2007, 07:05 PM
The read me text states that the new version is compatable with the the new library 21 msi so thats what i updated to.

However it still doesnt work ? I thought that was the whole idea for the update so that it was compatible with Phidgets new Library.

Tomlin
09-16-2007, 11:30 PM
Same problem here from last night. It was suggested to uninstall the old version of the library and reinstal the new library. I tried that but it didnt work for some reason. Glad to know Im not the only one. Alan is very good about trying to help though!

ozziesim
09-16-2007, 11:37 PM
Yep, ive tried everything uninstall, install, remove msi, change msi still cant get it to work. there must be an error with the program somewhere as the phidget manager detects the phidgets.

Will have to wait for Alan to check it out and get back to us.

AndyT
09-16-2007, 11:55 PM
Its giving me grief as well. I keep getting a critical error with FS2Phidget and it crashes to desktop on me.

ozziesim
09-17-2007, 12:21 AM
I have sent a PM to Allan regarding this, i hear he is a very busy man so im sure when he is free he will have some answers.

CocnutAir
09-18-2007, 08:25 PM
Guys,

Some immediate thoughts:
I need to update Readme.txt to read:
ONLY runs with Phidget21 Library
Phidget21.msi is not backwards compatible.
Phidget20 library must be unistalled.
Phidget 21 library must be installed.

Some details would help:
De tail - de ting what wags de dog.
Windows version ? XP ? Vista ?
MS-FS Version ? FS2004 ? FSX ?

Check in the tray at bottom right of Windows screen.
If Phidget Webservice is running - Stop service!
Ultimately, set the service to not start at Windwows Start up.

Regards,
Alan

ozziesim
09-18-2007, 09:20 PM
Guys,

Some immediate thoughts:
I need to update Readme.txt to read:
ONLY runs with Phidget21 Library
Phidget21.msi is not backwards compatible.
Phidget20 library must be unistalled.
Phidget 21 library must be installed.

Some details would help:
De tail - de ting what wags de dog.
Windows version ? XP ? Vista ?
MS-FS Version ? FS2004 ? FSX ?

Check in the tray at bottom right of Windows screen.
If Phidget Webservice is running - Stop service!
Ultimately, set the service to not start at Windwows Start up.

Regards,
Alan

Alan i am running Windows XP sevice pack 2, i run both fs2004 and FSX i have uninstalled the old Phidget 20 msi files and installed the new phidget library 21 msi.

Stopped the webservice as well and FS2Phidgets does still not recognise that a phidget has been connected.

Usually, well in the last version it will show up and indicated by the green tab and you can allocate the variables, calibrate etc however it is doing nothing at all. If i plug and unplug phidgets it just does nothing at all.

CocnutAir
09-18-2007, 10:13 PM
Oz,

The Phidget Manager annunciator is not showing green ?

Alan.

ozziesim
09-19-2007, 02:57 AM
Oz,

The Phidget Manager annunciator is not showing green ?

Alan.

Alan,

No it is red like it is not connected if thats what you mean.
Ok in the top corner i have device type, serial and then red. In the older version it used to green, i click on it and i can calibrate and assign the variables. I am in the configue mode, however the configue button is so to speak not available,in the main page below where the lines appear where you assign variables this line to do this does not appear.

I have tried uninstall and install and turning the phidget manger off and on.
when i turn the phidget manager off, when i select the fs2phidget program it goes into a install, like it is installing the phidget libraries but then comes up with an error that this file already exists and shuts down.

i turn the phidget manager back on and i dont get this result.

One thing i am finding a little odd is even though i have uninstalled and installed the fs2phidget program every time i do an install and start the program it comes up with previously connected phidgets.

I uninstalled it all again and went to 4.2.9 with the 20 Msi libraries and that works fine again. ?????????

AndyT
09-19-2007, 03:40 AM
Win XP Home SP2 with all updates possible installed.
Phidget Webservice set to DISABLED
Phidget 21 installed 4.3.0
Phidget21COM.dll installed
FS9 and FSX both installed
FSUIPC Version 4.1.6.0

I either get FS2Phidget running, or I get a Runtime Error 13 and it crashes.
When it runs, I can only get motor 0 on a 4 motor card to work. The other three do not respond at all under any conditions I create. I know its not the servos since I tested each one of them on slot 0. Bad card maybe?
Also, when I plug in an LCD module I get "FS2Phidgets has suffered a critical error and needs to close. Do you want to send this info to Microsoft?" Then it closes out.
When I plug in an encoder I can see it moving in the example module, but not in FS2phidgets.

ozziesim
09-19-2007, 05:53 AM
Andy,

Were you using the 4.2.9 version before you updated to 4.3.0?

CocnutAir
09-19-2007, 09:08 PM
Andy, Can you send me screen shot of FS2phidget when it is running and your fs2phidget.log file to alan@coconutair.com

If you can generate a fs2phidget.log when you get error 13 that would be great.

Alan.

AndyT
09-20-2007, 01:43 AM
Ozzie,
To be honest, I do not recall. I just remember that I had to use the older library because the new one would not work.

Alan,
I should've known you would ask me that. I've already uninstalled and re-installed. I'll see if I can duplicate the error for you.In the meantime, do you have a 'How to' for the software? I know Ozzie would love it and so would a number of others. Even if it is something as simple as step 1 do this with Variable editor, step 2, do that with fs2phidgets... ??

One other thing, I did have everything installed in one folder last time. It seems to requires different folders for the library and fs2phidget for some reason. Did you do this on purpose? That could've been the runtime 13 error.

ozziesim
09-20-2007, 05:15 AM
Hey Guys,

Ive got something for you to try, i tried this and it has seemed to work, i havent had time to check properly but it is now acknowledging the connected servo.

This is what i did.

1) Backed up my variable folders to my desktop found in c/programs/fs2phidget.
2) Unintalled the Phidget Library through control panel add/remove software.
3) Did the same and uninstalled the FS2Phidget 4.3.0 Program.
4) i then went to windows explorer and located the fs2phidget file in my c:/ and deleted it and its contents.

5) Reinstalled the phidget libraries and fs2phidget 4.3.0 and it worked straight away.

I dont know exactly what the probelm is but in the older files in your main FS2Phidget folder does not get overwritten or uninstalled when you conduct a uninstall and new install, the new program is somehow refering the the older version files i think somehow ??? i basically cleaned out any evidence of this program (FS2Phidget 4.2.9) and did a complete fresh re- install and it fixed the problem right away.

Try that and see if it fixes the problem but remember what ever you do make sure you save your variables especially the ones you have created somewhere else so you do delete them.

Let me know how you get on.

Clint

CocnutAir
09-20-2007, 09:39 PM
Thanks Clint,

Was it Phidget20 library or Phidet21 library
that you unistalled in step (2) ?

Andy,

Phidgets Inc. is a private company based in Canada. They produce the Phidget cards and they store their drivers (phidgets.msi) in a folder of their choosing.

I am a sim builder that wrote a piece of software for my own sim to use Phidgets. I have no affiliation or work for Phidget, Inc. I store my software in its own library. Make software available free of charge to benefit the sim building community.

Why would I do this ? I know this may seem counter to most of my fellow American's way of thinking: if it doesn't make any money its not worth doing. However, sim builders do it for pure fun, often at great expense.

I want as many people as possible to share in this hobby, for two reasons:

(a) I want to share my passion for all things aviation.

(b) If enough people get into this hobby, then it becomes worthwhile for those folks blessed wiith an enterprising spirit to manufacture cool things for us sim builders. That's already happening. Imagine this hobby without Project Magenta, FDS or Engravity and many others.

Long answer to short question.

Regards,
Alan.

AndyT
09-20-2007, 10:08 PM
Alan,

I have no problem with any of that. I did not know all of that and so you've answered my question, albeit indirectly.

CocnutAir
09-20-2007, 10:10 PM
I was able to replicate Error 13.
Bug in logging code.
i.e. will get error if logging is checked.
May need to edit Phidget.ini file to set:
Logging=False

CocnutAir
09-20-2007, 10:13 PM
Andy,

Of course, there's nothing wrong with placing in same folder.
Some of my best friends are Folder Minimilists.

Regards,
Alan.

AndyT
09-20-2007, 10:22 PM
Yes, thats me. (waving a guilty hand) I really despise the creation of needless folders on a perfectly good hard drive....

I had turned on the logging to see why I was getting the errors I was getting and forgot to log it down. (I keep a log of everything I change when debugging. Makes life MUCH easier...)

ozziesim
09-21-2007, 04:56 AM
Alan,

In the second step i used the phidget 21 MSI Library, the new one.

clint

CocnutAir
09-23-2007, 11:37 AM
Have suspicion that if older Phidget20 is not uninstalled then FS2phidget latches on to older version.

A quick poll: Who has latest Fs2Phidget up and running ?

AndyT
09-23-2007, 02:02 PM
I have it running. It connects to FSX only after I close it and reopen it with FSX ALREADY running. It sees the phidgets but they do not work in FSX. I can not assign anything to them either. The ePhidget are assiginable but they do not change FSX either.

Could be offsets have changed?

ozziesim
09-24-2007, 02:00 AM
I have it running. It connects to FSX only after I close it and reopen it with FSX ALREADY running. It sees the phidgets but they do not work in FSX. I can not assign anything to them either. The ePhidget are assiginable but they do not change FSX either.

Could be offsets have changed?

Andy,

Sounds like you have the same prob as i did, follow the details of my earlier post. Uninstall all evidence of the FS2Phidget and all Phidget MSI libraries from the uninstall software sections of your control panel.

Then go to windows explorer and find the file FS2Phidgets and delete it, make sure however if you want to keep any variable you have created then remember to back them up in a different location.

Then install the new 21 MSI Library and the New version 4.3.0 FS2Phidget and see if that fixes the problem.

AndyT
09-24-2007, 03:02 AM
I only have the new one installed on this computer. Its never seen the other version. I know for certain that some of the offsets in FSX are different, so I'm going to be working on it from that angle to see if I get any results.

ozziesim
09-24-2007, 03:09 AM
I only have the new one installed on this computer. Its never seen the other version. I know for certain that some of the offsets in FSX are different, so I'm going to be working on it from that angle to see if I get any results.

Interesting,

Let me know how you get on, i havent fully tested the new version yet so if there is anything i might encounter later, what you are trying might help. Good Luck

Clint

michelmvd
09-24-2007, 06:57 AM
Hello,
Can the new libary also see "older" phidgets? I would like to install the FS2Phidgets 4.3 but my phidgets cards are all older than 1 year i think.
B. rgds
Michel

AndyT
09-24-2007, 12:48 PM
That should not be a problem.

CocnutAir
09-24-2007, 08:45 PM
Most of my cards are ancient.

JBaymore
09-24-2007, 09:20 PM
Most of my cards are ancient.

Ditto. ;)

best,

.....................john

michelmvd
09-25-2007, 07:25 AM
Okidoki, thanks, well change to the new library and inform the results.
B. Rgds
Michel

jfuenmay
10-03-2007, 09:20 AM
HI all :

I am new to this forum and recently obtained a simparts TQ which comes with
two phidgets cards 8/8/8 and 0/0/4 and servo/motor card. Let me tell you,
Jorg Weinmann has done a great job. Beautiful unit. Mine came fully assembled.

I have tried to use version 4.3 of FS2Phidget without success. These are
new cards. I heve experienced the same problems several of you have. The
cards cannot be accessed, they all show red.

I have used a Windows XP SV2, new installation from scratch , with ONLY
2.1 MSA libraries and only FS2Phigets v.4.3. Still same problem. So definetly
not an interference with MSI 2.0 libraries since they were not installed

When installed version 4.29 and MSI 2.0 libraries, everything works fine,
but I cannot calibrate the flaps handle withv 4.29. At one point like if some sort of a miracle4.3 worked the it stopped. Do any of you guys ahve any update on this.

Has Alan looked at the problem?. Could it be the new cards?

Maybe recompiling again?

How about other people looking at the source code and pitching in, sort like
an open project thing?. Unfortunately I have no experience in coding for the Windows plataform but UNIX

Just my two cents.

AndyT
10-03-2007, 10:40 PM
Alan owns the code and its up to him if he wants to share it or not.

ralmav
10-04-2007, 04:40 AM
Same to me.
I also have the Simparts TQ with the two phidgets cards 8/8/8 and 0/0/4 and servo/motor card.
With FS2Phidgets 4.3 and msi 21 no go!
The cards cannot be accessed, they all show red.
With 4.2.9 and msi 20 all is working fine.

jfuenmay
10-04-2007, 08:50 AM
It is some consolation that I'm not alone in this predicament ;). Nevertheles
here are my current problems with this magnificent TQ.

I cannot calibrate the flap handles properly. with FS2Phidgets v4.13. That's the only one I have that has the flap handle checkbox. Flaps go to flaps1 position and stay there. I use PMDG 737-700 with it's panels uninstalled. Do any of you know which version works properly??.

Second problem, the offset that works for the AT servo relais to power them and make them active, ((050A) in the 0/0/4 interface through either SImparts.ini or pmMCP.ini) , however I am unable to unpower them for normal operation. I have used A/T-disconnet , A/T-disengage etc. It shows on the GC that the AT is off but the servos remain powered!!!. Any hints?

I am sure Alan owns the code since he wrote it . I just popped the idea because
it has worked well in other projects.

Cheers.

ozziesim
10-10-2007, 02:44 AM
Hey guys did you manage to solve the probs with 4.3 and the phidget 21msi.

I am too still not having too much luck with the new version, on one occasion or two it is recognising my 8/8/8 as a 16/16/16 then a 32/32/32 then a 40/40/40. i got no idea whats going on with the new version.

Alan any insights as too what may be the problem with the new version ???

AndyT
10-10-2007, 03:28 AM
At this point, I'm sort of waiting on Alan. I have some other issues that are absorbing the vast majority of my time right now so I have not been able to do much of anything flying related. Sorry.

I have offered to help Alan with the source code but I have not written anysoftware in some time. (I used to be a programmer.) It is up to Alan if he wants the help. I know I used to be pretty secretive with my source code so I'm not going to push him either way.

CocnutAir
10-27-2007, 02:48 PM
Tried the following on a laptop that had never seen flight sim or fs2phidget.

Has Windows XP SP2. Did not install MS-FS

I downloaded latest phidget.msi from www.phidgets.com (http://www.phidgets.com)
Downloaded fs2phidget 4.3 from this web site.

When I ran fs2phidget the Phidget Library was green.
Noticed that version of Phidget Library on laptop was built Nov 2007.
Version my sim and development system was built June 21 2007

I am performing some experiments to see if problem is due to different versions of Phidget.msi

If it is, I will have to make decision: either load latest version and possibly re-code, or distribute Fs2Phidget with compatible version of Phidget.msi

Regards,
Alan.

CocnutAir
10-27-2007, 06:45 PM
Guys,

After playing around figured out problem was version difference in Phidget.msi - I was running slightly older version.
There are two versions of 2.1.1 - one releasd in June,2007 and another in October,2007 (the latest).

Version 4.3.1 has been posted for download on this site - download will be enabled shortly by the site's administrators.

Regards,
Alan.

CocnutAir
10-27-2007, 06:47 PM
4.3.1 will run with lasest version of Phidget.msi
Also fixed "logging" bug.

Regards,
Alan.

jfuenmay
10-27-2007, 08:29 PM
Thanks Alan. I will download it and try it.

BTW, after fiddling with Simparts TQ for a while I've managed to have it working. Autothrottles move well but not smoothly. Claibration of the flaps handle was done with fs2phidgets v4.23. Still cannot get the spoiler servo to move properly upon touch down.

I think it may be related to PMDG's fly model. I'm no sure yet.

Anybody with any experience like mine?

Cheers.

CocnutAir
10-27-2007, 08:40 PM
J-may

Flaps handle should work fine with newer version.

New version should take care of spoiler handle. Requires setting up logic variable, but we can walk through(thru) that together if you get stuck.

The autothrottle is most probably item I would out at the top of "must fix" list. Let me know how autothrottles operate with latest version.

Regards,
Alan.

jfuenmay
10-27-2007, 08:49 PM
I just downloaded the new version. I'll get back to you after
I try it. What variable needs to be set?.

Thanks.

Joachim.

Ad Ording
10-28-2007, 01:32 PM
Where can i download the latest phidget.msi ?
Searching at the forum i found several URL's but none of them is working.
I hope someone can help me.
Thanks in advance,

Ad

Matt Olieman
10-28-2007, 01:43 PM
Where can i download the latest phidget.msi ?
Searching at the forum i found several URL's but none of them is working.
I hope someone can help me.
Thanks in advance,

Ad

Download Library
Category: Fs2Phidget

or just go here :)

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=20

Ad Ording
10-28-2007, 02:16 PM
Download Library
Category: Fs2Phidget

or just go here :)

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=20

Hello Matt,
Thanks for your fast reaction and suggestions.
The file i can download there is fs2phidget431.zip and that file i had downloaded already.
But i need also a phidget.msi library, version 2.2 i think.
And that's the one i cannot find. :(
I hope you've another solution.

Regards,

Ad

ralmav
10-28-2007, 03:44 PM
Hi Ad,
here´s the link for the latest msi :-)

http://www.phidgets.com/downloads.php?os_id=1

I also have problems with the spoiler move at touchdown.When i set
spoilers armed the handle always comes back to the down detent position.
Tomorrow i will try the 4.3.1 with the 21 msi. and will report results .

Best Regards

Ralf

jfuenmay
10-28-2007, 04:56 PM
Hi all:

I tried v4.3.1, no longer red. The spoilers do have the problem with both the B737-400 model that comes with FS2004 ( the one I use ) and PMDG . I have used several servo travels. I end up sort of having to advance it manually until it kicks in and deploys. The autothrottles work but the movement is not smooth. I use the Hitec Mega-Sail HS-815BB servos with a range of travel of 220 degrees powered by a 5v 3 amp power supply.

The other issue ( I don't know if you Ralf have experienced this ) that I have has to do with the thrust levers moving forward ( especially no. 2 engine ) when the trim motor turns. It's like a surge of power. I have to check the wiring done by Jorg. I have no experience whatsoever wiring
boards.

Best regards.

Joachim

mauriceb
10-28-2007, 08:53 PM
Hi all:

I tried v4.3.1, no longer red. The spoilers do have the problem with both the B737-400 model that comes with FS2004 ( the one I use ) and PMDG . I have used several servo travels. I end up sort of having to advance it manually until it kicks in and deploys. =
Best regards.
Joachim

My spoilers are working very well for me now, but I too had earlier major problems with the deployment of my spoilers. The deployment was very erratic at best and I never knew what they were going to do at anytime. Sometimes after landing, the spoilers would deploy and then retract & then re-deploy several times until they finally stopped. I am using an earlier release of the Phidgets software and I don’t know if the new version addresses this issue.

I finally figured out what was happening, or at least my explanation made sense to me. Unlike the throttle potentiometers which are ignored by FS9 when in A/T mode, the spoilers potentiometer is never ignored by FS9. So, what is happening is that FS9 is trying to set the spoiler position, which is moving the POT, but the POT is fed back into FS9 as a spoiler position.
So, the servo reacts to these conflicting inputs by erratically moving the spoiler handle.

So I designed a simple logic circuit below that provides power to the servo only when the spoilers are armed and when the wheels touch the ground. Note that the spoiler down switch is open when the spoiler handle is fully retracted and only closes after the handle is moved away from the Down position.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d38/mau_ben/Spoilerdeploymentcircuit-1.jpg

This circuit above worked great with FS9 only, but I had some problems with the auto-retraction of the spoilers when re-applying power after landing when I started using PM software and the PDMG flight model. Occasionally, the spoilers would not retract after re-applying power (this was very intermittent). So I made another minor change (not in the circuit above) that fixed the problem.

If you do try this circuit and if you have the same problem, e-mail me and I will draw the modified version (I just added another switch which isolated the spoiler pot input once the spoilers were fully deployed so that only FS9 had control of the spoiler after landing).

Anyway, hope this helps some of you.

Maurice

jfuenmay
10-29-2007, 08:30 AM
Thanks Maurice. I will see what I can do. I have to learn these things slowly and
painfully. Not much experience with circuitry. I'll try getting
some local help.

Regards.
Joachim

Tomlin
10-29-2007, 08:44 AM
Okay, so Im thinking that this phidgets thing may be sorted now? I have an encoder that I (as you may recall) would not read or give a Vertical Speed value at all. Then I updated my FS2Phidgets software and Alan tried very hard to figure out the problem, when everyone started having issues.

Does everyone seem to be back online now with their FS2P and the .msi?

mauriceb
10-29-2007, 08:45 AM
Thanks Maurice. I will see what I can do. I have to learn these things slowly and
painfully. Not much experience with circuitry. I'll try getting
some local help.

Regards.
Joachim

Just one more thing. This is working very well for me, but I'm sure there must be other solutions out there and probably some easier than mine. I did this almost 2 years ago and many things have changed/improved since then, so I'd be surprised if there isn't a better solution by now. Many people now have motorized throttles and spoilers and I'm sure most of them did not use my idea. ;-)

Good luck,
Maurice

CocnutAir
10-30-2007, 12:39 AM
Joachim, Maurice,

Have look at FS2Phidgets Help folder "Configuring Component" topics on "Circuits" and "Logic Variables". Maurice's circuit can be emulated using these two tools. Examples in topics are for a Spoiler Handle and a Ground Unsafe Warning for a Boeing 737.

The Unsafe Warning condition is modelled with a sample ini file as follows:

A takeoff configuration warning is armed when on the ground and either or both thrust levers are advanced for takeoff.

An intermittent takeoff warning will sound and an annunciator will illuminate for any of the following conditions:
· Stabilizer trim not in the green band range.
· Trailing edge flaps are not in the flaps 1 through 15 takeoff range.
· Speed brake lever is not in the DOWNposition.
· Spoilers not down with the speedbrake lever in the DOWNposition.
· Parking brake set.

Regards,
Alan

mauriceb
10-30-2007, 06:59 AM
Joachim, Maurice,

Have look at FS2Phidgets Help folder "Configuring Component" topics on "Circuits" and "Logic Variables". Maurice's circuit can be emulated using these two tools. Examples in topics are for a Spoiler Handle and a Ground Unsafe Warning for a Boeing 737.

Alan,
Where were you when I needed you? :roll: I'm way too old to wait for you to catch up and provide the things I need when I need them. :mrgreen:
I know... the price is right, but still... can't you speed things up a bit? :D:D

Maurice

JBaymore
10-30-2007, 09:18 AM
Joachim, Maurice,

The Unsafe Warning condition is modelled with a sample ini file as follows:

A takeoff configuration warning is armed when on the ground and either or both thrust levers are advanced for takeoff.

An intermittent takeoff warning will sound and an annunciator will illuminate for any of the following conditions:
· Stabilizer trim not in the green band range.
· Trailing edge flaps are not in the flaps 1 through 15 takeoff range.
· Speed brake lever is not in the DOWNposition.
· Spoilers not down with the speedbrake lever in the DOWNposition.
· Parking brake set.

Regards,
Alan

Alan,

I can't WAIT to have the time to get this new version installed and sorted out!!! :D THANKS for all the work you put into this ...and for sharing it with us all.

best,

...............john

CocnutAir
10-30-2007, 07:23 PM
Maurice,

If it wasn't for trailblazers like yourself inspiring us slower types we wouldn't be where we are today. I would never have thought up solutions without this input.

There are definite advantages for builders to wire up circuits as you have done. Is relatively inexpensive and easy to set up (after someone like yourself has spent many days figuring out circuitry) and is not subject to vagaries of software (bugs, outdated versions, etc).

Regards,
Alan.

mauriceb
10-31-2007, 07:15 AM
Maurice,

If it wasn't for trailblazers like yourself inspiring us slower types we wouldn't be where we are today. I would never have thought up solutions without this input.

Alan.

Alan,

You're too kind, but without your fantastic software which you offer freely (very rare in today's world), my throttle would likely be just a few sticks with some potentiometers and some switches.

So, thank you for your trailblazing work. I'm just someone who jumped on-board knowing full well that without you at the helm, I would have been up the proverbial s..t-creek without a paddle (or at least without a throttle) :D

There are also many others here & elsewhere who have contributed far more than me and who have inspired me & others with their ingenuity & resourcefulness. This is truly a global effort and I'm sure everyone involved in this hobby has benefited in some way or other from the contributions of others.

So, kudos to everybody.

Maurice

jfuenmay
10-31-2007, 12:40 PM
OK Alan Maurice et. al:

I will be doing some tuning this weekend and I will report back to you
all. I know that Alan's work is an invaluable effort for the community.
As an (aficionado) programmer I certainly know the time and effort
is given to these "liitle big" projects. My hat is off to you Alan.

Joachim

mauriceb
10-31-2007, 02:43 PM
Joachim, Maurice,

Have look at FS2Phidgets Help folder "Configuring Component" topics on "Circuits" and "Logic Variables".

Alan,

Either my eyesight is seriously failing or you enclosed an earlier version of the help file in the latest release. I can't find any topics on Circuits & Logic Variables in the current version that came with your latest release (4.3.1 if I'm not mistaken).

Shall I make an emergency appointment with an Ophthalmologist? :-)

Thanks,
Maurice

CocnutAir
11-01-2007, 07:35 PM
Maurice,

Nothing wrong with your eyesight.
Plenty wrong with mine.:cool::roll:
Updated download for 4.3.1 with latest documentation.
MyCockpit Adminstrators will make avaialble shortly.

Regards,
Alan.

Farrokh Chothia
11-13-2007, 12:51 AM
Hi folks -

I'd like to chime in here and register my thanks to Alan (again) for working on and developing FS2Phidgets - like maurice says, without this gem, my sim would be somewhat primitive - and rare indeed to have this for free -

FC

Farrokh Chothia
11-13-2007, 12:55 AM
Hi again -

the latest V of .MSI on phidgets.com is 2.1.2 (Nov 8, 07) - is this the correct one for 4.3.1?

fc

ralmav
11-13-2007, 04:38 AM
After some testing with 4.3.1 and msi 2.1.2 (10/07) everything is working fine now..even the spoiler handle deploys fine after touchdown :-)
Autothrottle movement is still rough.

@Farrokh, since this is the latest version it should work .

Regards

Ralf

CocnutAir
11-14-2007, 08:25 AM
FS2phidgets Is version sensitive with regard to phidgets.msi

CocnutAir
11-14-2007, 08:29 AM
Ralf,

What offsets are you using for autothrottles?
What software is controlling your autothrottles?

Regards,
Alan.

jfuenmay
11-14-2007, 09:48 AM
Hi all:

I have had the same experience that Ralf has had. The spoilers deploy on
touchdown but the AT still exhibit some erratic movement. I use
Project Magenta , FS2004 and PMDG's 737-700 with panels inactivated.
The offsets are as per the PM.ini file provided by Joerg Weinmann.
I believe is 05A, I'll have to check. In his file they are refferred to as
Autithrottle1 and 2. for the servo Phidget card.

Regards.

Joachim

Farrokh Chothia
11-14-2007, 01:31 PM
Hi alan -

is it possible to post (or a link to) the correct .msi file for 4.3.1 on the build download page?

Farrokh.

ralmav
11-16-2007, 06:47 AM
Hi Alan,
I have the same setup as Joachim.
I use the offsets 088C and 0924 for autothrottle 1 and 2.
It's controlled by FS2004 and PMSystems
regards
Ralf

farrokh747
11-17-2007, 05:20 AM
Hi Alan -

I updated to the latest msi and V 4.3.1 but FS2 does not see my cards - just to be sure there was no older library around, I installed the msi library (2.1.2 nov 08) and fs2phidgets (4.3.1) on a separate pc which did not have any phidgets software on it, and connected a 0/16/16 card to test - same problem - (the status bar is red, serial number appears, type shows 0/0/0)
however, the phidgets manager in the tray can see the card -

also, the link in the download section says 4.3.1, but the program v shows 4.3.3

I've installed the latest (as of today) versions of the library and fs2 -
FlightSim shows connected
fsuipc = 3.75
fs 2004
Phidget COM library=2.1.1
Phidget21 V 2.1.2

have I missed a step here? is the .NET framework relavant?
thanks,

FC

Farrokh Chothia
11-17-2007, 03:06 PM
hello again -

just read an earlier post where alan mentions that the phidgets web service has to be off - will try this and report -

Meanwhile, can someone who has v 4.3 working ok, could you let me know which version of the library you're using, and if possible mail it to me ...? I have the current one (8 Nov 2007) - I'm probably doing something wrong here, since many builders have it up and running -

farrokh@whippingpost.biz

thanks for the development and support!

FC

CocnutAir
11-18-2007, 08:19 PM
I uploaded incorrect exe when I updated help documentation.
Will correct.

Alan.

bert
11-20-2007, 12:03 PM
hallo alan

i build my throttle i have the 8/8/8 install fsphidget 4.3.1 msi 2.1.2
it works in (phidget examples) in flightsim-phidget interface 4.3.3

in application window
i have connected to fs2004
fsuipc 3.75
phidget 2.1.2
phidget com 2.1.1

serial-nr appears device type phidget0/0/0 (whit red block)
1-interfacekit-Emulation (whit green block)
do you no what the problem is

gr.bert (holland)

bert
11-20-2007, 12:11 PM
hallo alan the offset is 088C for throttle 1
0924 throttle 2

gr.bert (holland)

jfuenmay
11-21-2007, 11:29 AM
088c and 0924 are teh offsets allright.

bert
11-21-2007, 01:03 PM
Hi jfuenmay

yes in fs-phidget interface 4.3.3 by offsets behind
the title throttle lever 1 and 2 show nr. 088c and 0924

gr.bert

Tomlin
11-23-2007, 12:37 AM
Where is 4.3? When I go to the d/l library, I see 0nly .pdf files, no other files. And, I only see 2 files when in the library tree it shows 3 for the phidgets stuff.

Matt Olieman
11-23-2007, 10:24 AM
Alan must of updated it (re-uploaded to the file), I didn't know :( . It was waiting for administrative approval :(

It's there now :)

CocnutAir
11-23-2007, 03:28 PM
I updated with correct version of file.
Did not want to disturb admin on Thanksgiving Day.

farrokh747
11-23-2007, 04:25 PM
thanks alan - all's back online now - will try the logic set up this week -

Have a great weekend -

FC

CocnutAir
11-23-2007, 05:07 PM
The compatible Phidget.msi is now available for download on FS2Phidget download page. Hopefully this should make everybody's life easier.