PDA

View Full Version : Creating a NEW SURVEY questionnaire I need your HELP please

Matt Olieman
11-04-2005, 05:48 PM
I've found with talking many of my fellow builders, how much we have in common. It surprises me, well.... it shouldn't. Of course the one thing we all have in common is we love to Flight Sim. I've also found a lot of us are musicians, Ham operators, Scuba Divers. This makes me wonder, how much more we have in common.

I want to create a survey to find out more about us. So, I need your help. Let me know what question you would want asked, and I will include it in the new survey. We'll call the survey, "What's FS Builders Common Interest?"

Now, give me a list of questions:)

W9XE/Project777
11-04-2005, 06:23 PM
This could be good... You could use a collection of check boxes and blanks such as in Music. If you play an instument what kind, keyboard, guitar, bass, brass, stringed.....questions like this needs to be check boxes since some play more than one...Use fill in box for others.....How well do you play?....This could be a place were terrible might be more appropriate LOL

On Amateur Radio could be a fill box for your call. That would be about it. I wouldnt want license class since it changes all the time and very different over the world.

Are you a licensed pilot?..... Maybe Type Rating

Woodworking.....Sports Hobby, Collections,..ect

brianwilliamson
11-04-2005, 11:41 PM
How about some trad jazz on 20 metres :lol: Sounds like an interesting exercise.
Regards........................Brian

Rodney
11-05-2005, 01:45 AM
Not just hobbies and the like, but your chosen profession. Like mine is IT. Might come in handy sometime to know that and other builders professions, i.e, machinist, carpenters, CAD, etc. Of course it has to be voluntary.

Matt Olieman
11-06-2005, 07:42 PM
This is what we got so far:

What are you're hobbies (beside flight-sim-ming)(check boxes):
1. Amateur Radio
2. Scuba Diving
3. Musician
4. Woodworking
5. Collector (you'll have tell me what kinds)

What is your profession?
1. Machinist
2. Carpenters
3. CAD
4. Law
5. Medical
6. Computer Programing
7. Computer Repair

If you play a musical instrument, what kind do you play?
1. Keyboard (that would mean Piano, Organ, any kind)
2. Guitar
3. Brass
4. Woodwind
5. Percussion
6. String (violin, etc.)

What kind of music do you like?
1. Rock
2. Country
3. Classical
4. Easy listening
5. Jazz

Are you a Licensed Pilot?
1. yes
2. no

If you are a Licensed Pilot, what Ratings?
1. Student
2. Private
3. Instrument
4. Commercial
5. Multi-Engine
6. ATP

That's a start..... Give me more:)

W9XE/Project777
11-07-2005, 10:05 AM
Matt

On professions I am and Electronic Technician so we would need other section. The computer could be Computer IT, this would combin both areas into 1 catagory. Others coulg be military, government, flight crew, I know we have a lot there, automotive....ect

Do you what this to be broken down into multible surveys....Jobs, verses Hobbies or one large one?

Matt Olieman
11-07-2005, 10:13 AM
Probably best to go with one survey, we can go heck with the survey bit:) We just won't make the questions mandatory. And for instant, if we ask "are you a musician" next question "if you are a musician.......", same format with other questions. I would hate to see a ton of surveys regarding to who we are:)

Just my opinion......