PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Handle - APU Fuel used

Thomas Richter
09-15-2007, 02:42 PM
Hi all,

here is a small tool you can pickup (without forks ;-) ) and use together with pmSystems.
1/
It controls the Fuel consumption of the APU for 737, depending of the Fuel Tank selection for the APU. The APU can use fuel from Center tank or Left main tank.
If left Center pump is ON the APU consum fuel from the Center tank, else the left Main tank is used.
In any case the APU can only consum fuel if NO engine consum fuel from the selected Tank, to don't bother the engines consum.
With the slider you can control the consumption for the Tanks.

2/
You know there is a panel above the Bus-display named "Auxiliary Fuel Transfer" without a function.
Now you can refill the Tanks with this switches, of course it takes a bit time like real !
To refill -->
Both engines Cutoff
Parkbrake set
Extern Power connected and Bus connected

You can refill the Left and Right Main tank seperate or together.
If both Main tanks are filled to 100% and both switches are ON, then the Center Tank become filled. Takes again time.
If you switch to OFF the filling stops.

If you like to define hardware switches for this use e.g.
Left refill Offset 56B3 .4 (Bit 4)
Right refill Offset 56B3 .5 (Bit 5)

To get the EXTERN POWER you need to use also the latest default 737 logic file.

The Program needs a Code (the zip contains also a Code.txt with this code)
---------
RFTRJJOT
---------

Program is now located in http://mycockpit.org/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=9

! Important !
Net Framework2.0 is needed, a normal Microsoft Update I think it will be installed on your systems anyway.

dnoize
09-16-2007, 09:11 AM
Thanks Thomas, a very nice addition !

Stef

Jan Pemöller
09-16-2007, 11:06 AM
Hi Thomas,

thanks a lot! I will give it a try later on ...

Is it possible to program inside pminstructor the failure of:

- loosing hydraulic oil (quantity)
- with the result of loosing the hydraulic pressure
- increasing the vibration of an engine
- fuel leak
- failure ground/air system (=> Gear lock)
- IRS system seperate for FO and CP

http://www.cityvox.de/b737/images/sim-sep07-1.jpg

I am building the instructor station at the moment.
And I need some more codes the simulate all "non-normals" .. ;-)
If you or some other people like to work an this project together pls let me know.

Best regards
Jan

Thomas Richter
09-16-2007, 11:51 AM
Is it possible to program inside pminstructor the failure of:

- fuel leak

I am building the instructor station at the moment.
And I need some more codes the simulate all "non-normals" .. ;-)

In FS there is a Offset to control / set this value

More tricky to control the Hydpress in combination with oil-Q. Because you would have to use a courve for the pressure to let this system be a bit more realistic and not only to say below this Q-Limit the pressure goes suddenly down.

Not possible because FS gives the value

- fuel leak
No problem, I do the same with the "Fuel Handle" program, of course controlled with limits.

I don't know what you mean!

Oh, this is a very very hard and tricky part. We are working on something for this in combination with the Ater Overhead, but FS (FS9 and FSX) gives limitations for this because FS has nothing of it. And to simulate all outside with real results makes it really hard to simulate. The most things are simulateable but ...
It would be needed to have many many things changed in CDU / RCDU handling that this can work with two CDU's and one CDU and without CDU, with pmSystems and without ... you see a long way! Not just some changes and before some major things has to be fixed until to start with those integrations.

Thomas Richter
09-16-2007, 08:50 PM
- fuel leak

Hi Jan

I added this logic to the code in Fuel-Handle program, controlled by

Offset 57F0 .0 / .1 / .2

Center Tank = Bit0
Left Main Tank = Bit1
Right Main Tank = Bit2

SetBit = loss of fuel (leak)
ClrBit = leak sealed

I moved the Program to download section

http://mycockpit.org/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=9

Jan Pemöller
09-17-2007, 03:14 AM
-
I don't know what you mean!

Oh, this is a very very hard and tricky part. We are working on something for this in combination with the Ater Overhead, but FS (FS9 and FSX) gives limitations for this because FS has nothing of it. And to simulate all outside with real results makes it really hard to simulate. The most things are simulateable but ...
It would be needed to have many many things changed in CDU / RCDU handling that this can work with two CDU's and one CDU and without CDU, with pmSystems and without ... you see a long way! Not just some changes and before some major things has to be fixed until to start with those integrations.

Hi Thomas,

great that you jump in here. Seems that the old PM days are back ;-))))

- failure ground/air system = a sensor that tells the system that the plane is on ground - if this fails you can not lift the gear, you will hear the take off warning. Maybe possible with the ground offset ...

- IRS system seperate for FO and CP = I allready simulate the IRS alligning steps, but i cannot seperate CP and the FO site. Maybe the offset "not Alligned" can be used one for the CP site and a NEW one for the FO site, like the QNH settings etc.

The hydraulic thing I will try ...
Thanks a lot ...

Jan

Thomas Richter
09-17-2007, 06:01 AM
great that you jump in here. Seems that the old PM days are back ;-))))

Sorry, not possible. We are really too busy with many things.
When the time is there Jonathan and me takes sometimes a look for "relaxing" (not to fight) :-)

The IRS is not as easy as you think, I did also the logic. But the IRS source is also selectable crossover/ both left/ both right for the CDU's and don't forget the other systems that needs the IRS source also and would have to fail.
It will take in any case longer to really integrate this, because nor FS9 neither FSX support anything of this.

Jan Pemöller
09-17-2007, 06:45 AM
Hi Thomas,

Ok, relaxing is good - no one wants to fight ;-)

I understand the problem with the CDU´s, but how about just seperating the "not Alligned" offset to the displays (ND and PFD) for CP/FO?

Example: "not aligned R" and "not aligned L"
When "L" fail, you can switch both to "R" otherwise the CP display is in ATT mode.

Viele Grüße
Jan

Thomas Richter
09-17-2007, 07:06 AM
I understand the problem with the CDU´s, but how about just seperating the "not Alligned" offset to the displays (ND and PFD) for CP/FO?

Example: "not aligned R" and "not aligned L"
When "L" fail, you can switch both to "R" otherwise the CP display is in ATT mode.

Viele Grüße
Jan

Would not be correct work.
Remember in Aft Overhead you have the complicate Align system for left and right (NORMAL source position in Overhead). But when one system fails its CDU don't get IRS pos and also the PFD/ND has to fail, then you can set the source to BOTH LEFT / RIGHTto get the same source for both CDU's from one side to let it work again.
BUT what's about the Cockpits with only one CDU and F/O PFD/ND ?
Also Both CDU's would have to work in any case like a "solo" CDU, not like what they do now.
And I think with a 40% - 60% working system no one would be happy.

Jan Pemöller
09-17-2007, 08:10 AM
On this point I am not agree with you.
For the moment the switch source IRS is not simulated at all!
There is a differents between the source IRS and the source CDU, as you know. With my idea every cockpit which has displays for CP and FO can then simulate the lost of one IRS Unit. That has nothing to do with the CDU!
Or am I missing something?

I would not ask, when we could make this vie PM System available, but the ND/PFD display is your code ... I just need the offest not alligned for EACH site.

Best regards
Jan

P.S. Better 40-60% then 0% ;-)

Thomas Richter
09-17-2007, 08:55 AM
On this point I am not agree with you.
For the moment the switch source IRS is not simulated at all!
There is a differents between the source IRS and the source CDU, as you know. With my idea every cockpit which has displays for CP and FO can then simulate the lost of one IRS Unit. That has nothing to do with the CDU!
Or am I missing something?

I would not ask, when we could make this vie PM System available, but the ND/PFD display is your code ... I just need the offest not alligned for EACH site.

Best regards
Jan

P.S. Better 40-60% then 0% ;-)

Pictures tells thousand words.

Jan Pemöller
09-17-2007, 12:59 PM
ok, here is my picture:

Thanks
Jan

Olympic260
09-18-2007, 01:25 AM
Sorry, not possible. We are really too busy with many things.
When the time is there Jonathan and me takes sometimes a look for "relaxing" (not to fight) :-)

The IRS is not as easy as you think, I did also the logic. But the IRS source is also selectable crossover/ both left/ both right for the CDU's and don't forget the other systems that needs the IRS source also and would have to fail.
It will take in any case longer to really integrate this, because nor FS9 neither FSX support anything of this.

Maybe it is the time here, or maybe is the lack of cafeine, just started the first coffee, the above means that we can soon expect the IRS to be simulated? At least the allignment part? This means the first step towards my aft overhead not to be dummny?