PDA

View Full Version : New Lear Jet 45 drawings posted

Tomlin
09-14-2007, 11:08 AM
For those who may want some dimensional info if they are considering the Learjet 45, I have posted two files in the d/l library.

1- Nose Section Overview that shows basic dimensional info (thanks to Arild E.)

1- AutoCAD drawings with detailed lines and of course embedded dimensional info. This file is due to be updated before I start construction of the shell. Hopefully I will be able to post an updated file when appropriate.

Thanks

ET

elekwind
09-14-2007, 11:29 AM
Tomlin you are the man!

Thanks Buddy

elekwind
09-14-2007, 11:45 AM
Hi Tomlin

I've checked under the downloads section and I can't seem to find it.I've checked under all the categories but no luck!

Ralton Mann

Trevor Hale
09-14-2007, 11:50 AM
The files have been approved and now reside in the cockpit dimension section of the download page.

Best regards,

Trev

Tomlin
09-14-2007, 11:57 AM
:-)

I can post some more a bit later after some QC'ing.

kiek
09-14-2007, 01:07 PM
Hi,

Are you aware of this guy?

http://home.wanadoo.nl/j_both/index.html

I have flown in his cockpit yesterday evening (from Rotterdam to Paris Charles de Gaule ) and it was great to see his servo driven Go Flight throttles move. And the view on 4 monitors was very impressive!

Cheers,

elekwind
09-14-2007, 01:15 PM
Yeah I have posted that link in one of my other threads so that the other Lear guys could be inspired as it has inspired me.He is a nice guy and also very helpful,but thanks for the heads up.I would love to fly in that setup.Kiek do you perhaps know what flight model in FS he is using?

Tomlin
09-14-2007, 01:43 PM
Just a point guys, not a slam in any way, shape, or form.

The Learjet 45 does not have an auto throttle, and hence, no auto-moving throttle levers. It does however, have a Speed Hold function, that basically controls pitch during climb and decents. It holds the speed to prevent over-speeding by pitching the nose to the required pitch to maintain a desired forward speed vs. a Vertical Speed.

So, while I applaud the moving throttle levers on the aforementioned sim (that undoubtedly has some neat features) I would encourage you to not think of auto moving throttle levers as a feature of the Learjet 45. If you'd like more info on this particular matter, have a look here: http://www.smartcockpit.com/plane/bombardier/LEARJET-45/
...and more specifically here: http://www.smartcockpit.com/pdf/plane/bombardier/LEARJET-45/systems/0004/

Basically the pilot is still responsible for controling the speed of the aircraft manually with the throttle levers while the autopilot will manage both lateral and vertical navigation per the FGC (mcp) and the FMS/CDU.

Per the Learjet Manual:

SPD (speed) knob — The rotary SPD knob is used to change the IAS/
Mach speed reference (SPD mode) and the vertical speed reference (VS
mode). The speed knob changes the bug airspeed at any time, as long
as VS is not selected. When VS mode is engaged, rotation of the SPD
knob changes the digital vertical speed reference and the vertical speed
bug position. The integral PUSH IAS/M button within the SPD knob is
used to toggle the airspeed tape between IAS and Mach. The master
flight director computes the airspeed reference, and the slave flight director
synchronizes to this reference.

SPD (speed) button — Depressing the SPD button engages the speed
hold mode (IAS or Mach) on both FDs. The speed select mode is used
to fly to a selected airspeed or Mach number, and to provide limited
overspeed/underspeed protection during climbs and descents. When
speed select mode is active, a green IAS or Mach annunciation is displayed
in the captured vertical mode field on the PFDs.

VS (Vertical Speed) button — Depressing the VS button engages the
vertical speed hold mode on both FDs. When VS is selected, the speed
bug disappears and reference goes to dashes.The FD commands pitch
changes to hold the vertical speed that existed at the time of engagement.
Once engaged, the vertical speed bug positions on the inner side
of the vertical speed scale and a digital readout appears above the vertical
speed indicator.

This last section here (the combination of the SPD and Vertical Speed) is exactly what Jeff Brown (alaxus) and I have been hoping to get figured out, and other Learjet builders will likely want to follow the developement of a solution.

Tomlin
09-14-2007, 04:51 PM
Okay lads (and lasses)

There are tons of new Learjet 45 drawings that I have just uploaded for your Non-Commercial Use ONLY please. Keep in mind that these files, although they aren't fully complete in some aspects, have taken dozens of hours to complete and I would appreciate you not using them to make money off of.

All of the new files are in AutoCAD .dwg format and can be read by any .dwg viewer. Also, you may get an error stating that a file is missing but it's just the raster file from Bombardier/Adams Rite that was used to demension the drawing. Also, some of them have goofey stuff in them that I used to test sizing with, etc.

If anyone has any idea how far the Glareshield sticks out from the MIP, please contact me to advise as the MIP Stand will be built over then next two weeks :-). (my guess is that it's about 6 inches deep).

elekwind
09-14-2007, 05:14 PM
Tomlin
I am speechless,you are really a big help.Thanks everybody else on this forum for the support.Just a quick question:-
Is it possible to use the PMRJ glass cockpit instruments with the Boeing FMC?If not what do you guys recommend.
Thanks

kiek
09-15-2007, 03:21 AM
Kiek do you perhaps know what flight model in FS he is using?
He's using the default MSFS Learjet...

Nico

Trevor Hale
09-15-2007, 09:57 AM
Absolutely, Currently the PMRJ Software Communicated with the Boeing mCP, CDU, and pmsystems.

If I am not mistaken if you purchase those, when the RJ software is available you become entitled to it. But you would have to work that out with the boys at PM.

Best regards,

Trev

elekwind
09-15-2007, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the info Trevor
Tomlin when are we seeing those drawings,I can't wait to download them.
Ralton

Bob Reed
09-15-2007, 11:56 AM
Sorry guys. I just went and looked and they had not been approved.. All there now. Go take a look.

PaulEMB
09-17-2007, 09:27 AM
Eric,

I just checked out the "bird", and the face of the glare panel is 16cm out from the MIP. I'm not 100% certain if this is OK, but it looks right, and gives room for all the wiring inside and lighting underneath.:D

Tomlin
09-17-2007, 09:42 AM
Eric,

I just checked out the "bird", and the face of the glare panel is 16cm out from the MIP. I'm not 100% certain if this is OK, but it looks right, and gives room for all the wiring inside and lighting underneath.:D

Paul, this is most appreciated information my friend! It amazes me, because I had guessed that it was around 6", and so 16cm is equal to about 6.25", so I was very close. When you said above that you just checked out the 'bird', did you mean that you visited the flight deck of a real LJ45? If so, that's great.

Speaking of, I hope that I can do that myself one day. I had the priviledge of sitting in a 737 NG several times and several other favorite aircraft such as the PC-12, the Citation X, but never the Learjet 45.