PDA

View Full Version : ERJ 145 Update - EC-JNK

PaulEMB
09-13-2007, 10:51 AM
Hi all,

Its been a while since I updated on my progress on the rebuild, so I thought I would post some details.

This weekend I intend to continue with the linked yokes and columns,

http://www.mycockpit.org/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1700, adding the hydraulic cylinders and valves which will be used for damping ( as well as giving an oily feel to the movement!)

I have been toying with the idea of installing a second parallel hydrauilic circuit, separated by solenoid valves, which could be powered to provide A/P driven movement and control loading. I'll let you know if it gets beyond the thought stage! - If anyone has tried this, I'd love to have some ideas or experiences.

Meanwhile, got the MIP Glare section back in, now at the correct heights, and last weekend completed the interface wiring, including the PFD / ND buttons, and revised switched backlighting.

With luck, only a couple of weeks before I'm back flying again, in my much reduced workspace, so I can try out NicD' latest visual tricks!

Still got to make the 2nd crew seat, mut I ashamed to try and get to Michaes standards of finisih!

I promise to post some photos over the weekend.

Tomlin
09-13-2007, 11:39 AM
Always good to see a bird about to re-emerge from the nest!