PDA

View Full Version : Power on/off your pc remote (WakeOnLan)

sas550
09-12-2007, 03:05 AM
Hi! Since I have my sim pc's (6 of them) in a separat room in the basement I often find it abit complicated to go down and start the sim for simple tests etc.

Many times I had both seen, heard about and have a fully understanding what WakeOnLan was all about. But for some reason I had'n bother to try using it. Until now.

I found an app cold Powerstate and it's perfect for my needs. Now I can sit at my office pc, (still at home) start and work through VNC on all my computers that are hooked up on the lan (my kids has two aswell) and also shut them down.

Great program. Here's a link: http://www.shirilla.com/index.php/powerstate-wol/

If anyone finds this interesting, let me know if I can help.

Matt Olieman
09-12-2007, 08:11 AM
Very interesting, always wondered about that.

I like this, certainly would like to hear other remarks from people who use this.

oal331
09-13-2007, 08:30 AM
Hello there,

do i need any special cable connector for motherboard kai pci ethernet adapter to use it?

Regards

Eddie

Hill5Air
09-21-2007, 07:22 PM
Glad you like it.:p

ivar hestnes
09-21-2007, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the link. Absolutely interesting.

At the moment I use VNC to intercept the network-computers but It would be much better to shut them all down with the "push of 1 button".

I will try this when I get my network setup again in a few days:D

sas550
10-13-2007, 12:46 AM
Glad you like it.:p

Yes I like it very much. TNX for sharing it.

sas550
10-13-2007, 12:53 AM
Hello there,

do i need any special cable connector for motherboard kai pci ethernet adapter to use it?

Regards

Eddie

Hi Eddie! Sorry for the very late reply.

No you don't need any special equipment. Your motherboard needs to support wake on lan though. Usually it's a setting in the bios power setup.

oal331
10-13-2007, 04:25 AM
Thanks i will try it!!

Eddie