PDA

View Full Version : Mac Users and FSX

Matt Olieman
09-10-2007, 11:00 PM
I was just talking with Larry V (W9XE/Project777 (http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/member.php?find=lastposter&f=93)), he was talking about his new MAC and the potential of running FSX on it. He hasn't tried it yet, but I was curious if anyone else have attempted this and what the results were.

Yoshi
09-12-2007, 05:39 AM
Hi,

FSX on Apple hardware should work if you have got windows installed. Using bootcamp it's quite easy to get windows up and running on a Mac.

If you can wait a few days I'll give it a try on my MacBook and report success/frustrations.

Cheers

Yoshi

Kennair
09-13-2007, 11:12 AM
Yep, saw a screen shot recently (can't remember where) with FSX running on a Mac.

Ken.

sbecker777
09-25-2007, 09:59 PM
I bought a 20" Intel Core2Duo iMac as my main machine and run FS on it both under Parallels and Boot Camp. I have to say, that of all the machines I have, including the 8 PCs in my 777 sim, the iMac is the BEST machine for running FS9 and FSX- period. Get lots of RAM- 2GB (or more), 256MB video card (or better) and lots o' disk space and you got yourself a sweet FS rig.

I get all the "usual" benefits of running OS X plus the benefits of running XP and FS. It's a heck of a great deal in my opinion. Always been a Mac owner and since the intro of the Intel Macs, it's been a slam dunk for me.

Steve

Matt Olieman
09-26-2007, 07:49 AM
Good information Steve :)

What kind of frame rate do you get on the Mac, when FS is fully loaded?

Thomas Richter
09-26-2007, 10:19 AM
Good information Steve :)

What kind of frame rate do you get on the Mac, when FS is fully loaded?

Hi Matt

To see what framerates are possible you should wait for FSX-SP2/ or FSX-Acceleration Pack/SP2, that is in any case more realistic.