PDA

View Full Version : SA_WXR Version 1.6

flightdeck
09-10-2007, 11:18 AM
Gents,
it's time to renew our discussion about SA_WXR displaying FS2004 weather in the Project Magenta ND :twisted:

After waiting more than three weeks for my hardware related key without any answer I red, that version 1.6 is out now with an already included license key.

So I installed version 1.6, but unfortunately no weather radar shows up in the ND !

This is my sa_wxr.ini:

---------------------------------------------------------------
Alternate Window Name =
TitleBar visible = 1
Focus Change Event = 0
Bitmap Export Directory = \\CAPTAIN\netdir\
Disable Output when in Bitmap Export Mode = 0
Get PM Range = 1
Simulate current PM WX Mode = 1
Set PM Update Rate = 6
Autostart = 1
GCS at startup = 1
OFP at startup = 1
Use new command based communication = 1
----------------------------------------------------------------

SA_WXR should place two files in the NetDir directory: pmwx.dat und wx.bmp, but it doesn't !!!

Surprisingly if I change in the sa_wxr.ini the line to
Simulate current PM WX Mode = 0
then the wx.bmp shows up in the NetDir directory, but pmwx.dat is still missing and the ND shows "NO WX" !!!

Is anyone using version 1.6 already and has made similar or other experiences?
Thanks in advance!

Trevor Hale
09-10-2007, 11:20 AM
I have installed it, but seen as my Sim is undergoing nasty maintenance, I have not been able to test it yet.

Sorry.

Maybe someone else has.

hercules
09-10-2007, 02:08 PM
my expierence are just the same! No matter what i change in the config the PM wx shows no radar from SA-WXR.

Thomas

flightdeck
09-10-2007, 04:13 PM
Well, in the meantime I changed back to the pmGetWeather satellite image and I'll get the "pmwx.dat" in my NetDir in a matter of seconds!

Bob Reed
09-10-2007, 04:40 PM
Did you turn the sA_wXR on? And did you set the zoom and pans up?

flightdeck
09-10-2007, 04:42 PM
Affirmative!

Bob Reed
09-10-2007, 04:48 PM
Also, I do not think it works on the ground. Just throwing out what I can think of.

flightdeck
09-10-2007, 04:50 PM
Well, this could be a reasonable hint!
I'll fire it up tomorrow and give it a try in the air.
Keeping you updated !!!

JBaymore
09-10-2007, 09:05 PM
I have the 1.6 version up and running... but not within Project Magenta's ND. It is currently "stand alone" awaiting other stuff. It works fine that way for me. You have to let it warm up, set the range and mode, and then adjust the tilt as appropriate to your current situation. It DOES work on the ground, but all you get is a lot of ground clutter unless you angle it up significantly.

Last night I was flying online KJAC to KSLC and I had it in the WX + Turb mode. The general RW weather was pretty clear......BUT.... there was clear air turb...and the darn thing showed it QUITE nicely. I was rather impressed.

The new "works when you download it" approach is a GREAT sales point now. ;)

best,

....................john

eudoniga
09-17-2007, 07:03 AM
Allelujah !!!

Sorry to say it, folks, but I'm kinda happy to know that ... I'm not the only one in deep trouble !!!

No matter what I've tried, still could get NOTHING (in terms of wxr returns, of course) displayed on the PM Glass Cockpits (Boeing-type), even if my netdir is located in the root of the same pc where both CDU and SA_WX run ...

And I also e-mailed Florian Praxmarer, without reply so far ...

:mad:

Will come back again here, to see if anyone found an answer !!!

Three greens to y'all,

Eu

Tim
09-17-2007, 07:18 AM
Some people have went to the Digital Aviation forum to get his attention. Apparently he visits there more than his own AOG forum.

Peter Nielsen
09-18-2007, 03:37 AM
Well,

I still have the same problem as before, the programme runs as it minimizes into the task bar but i see nothing, absolutely "zip".

I run it now on the same PC as the one running the CPT PM display and not on the same pc as the CDU, but i may as well remove it as it does not do anything..
Peter

Trevor Hale
09-18-2007, 07:44 AM
Yeah, Guess when he removed the Copy write features, he removed the core of the program as well. LMAO

Someone let us know if you find something out please.

eudoniga
09-18-2007, 07:56 AM
... did they prove to work okay for project magenta users ?

Anyone out there who could see regular weather returns displayed on the glass cockpit, simply by activating SA_WX and then pressing the WXR button on the EFIS control panel ?

:roll:

Eu (who got in touch with Florian for registration, and soon afterwards lost radar contact ...)

hercules
09-18-2007, 08:05 AM
Its not fine, but i must say the support from florian is horrible!!
Never get answers within 4 weeks.....
When you need a new key...you have to wait and wait and wait...

There are waiting many users for a solution and he does not respond for weeks.

Its that kind of business that i donīt like. Its simply not professional.

Regards

Thomas

eudoniga
09-20-2007, 07:14 AM
I just read in another thread that keeping the netdir on the CDU machine could cause some problems (gremlins) ...

How about moving the netdir to the flying pc and see if this helps SA_WX too ?

Gonna try it a.s.a.p. !!!

Thomas Richter
09-20-2007, 05:33 PM
I just read in another thread that keeping the netdir on the CDU machine could cause some problems (gremlins) ...

How about moving the netdir to the flying pc and see if this helps SA_WX too ?

Gonna try it a.s.a.p. !!!

Netdir should in any case placed on CDU PC, reduces Net-traffic!
SA-WXR 1.6 doesn't work.
SA-WXR 1.4 works Okay for FS9 and FSX.

flightdeck
09-20-2007, 05:41 PM
Hi Thomas,
thanks for your hint!
I have already bought Version 1.4 in July, hopefully but without success waiting for the activation key since then :sad: !!!
After having sent several emails to the author I have read in the support forum, that version 1.6 is available with an included license key I happily tried version 1.6 >>> See above!

eudoniga
09-21-2007, 03:52 AM
... I was told the same thing by Florian.

Glad to know that - unless he fixes version 1.6, or he sends me a code for release 1.4, which (according to Thomas R.) works - I cannot use version 1.6, which doesn't work, no matter what !!!

:x

Tim
09-21-2007, 08:13 AM
As you can see by going to the DA forum index, he is posting almost every day. Why not ask for your key there since he is not responding by email or post in his AOG forum.

http://www.digital-aviation.de/ewpforum/

The post may get deleted, but at least you have his attention.

eudoniga
09-21-2007, 08:52 AM
Nice catch !

Let's see if it works, but it almost sounds too easy to be true ...

Thanks again, Tim.

flightdeck
09-24-2007, 03:10 AM
News from Florian/Addon Gauges:

I have fixed this tricky bug now, should work now, update to SA_WXR 1.7 and no need for a MAC license.http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=193&t=64980

I'm going to give it a try this evening!

Thomas Richter
09-24-2007, 05:41 AM
News from Florian/Addon Gauges:
http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=193&t=64980

I'm going to give it a try this evening!

Hi

Thanks for the info.

It works now like before !!

michelmvd
09-24-2007, 06:52 AM
Netdir should in any case placed on CDU PC, reduces Net-traffic!

Hi Thomas,
Is this also the case when you don't use SA WXR, as I think, default the PM use an auto dir in the default FS9 map.

B. Rgds
Michel

Thomas Richter
09-24-2007, 07:09 AM
Hi Thomas,
Is this also the case when you don't use SA WXR, as I think, default the PM use an auto dir in the default FS9 map.

B. Rgds
Michel

Hi Michel

It has nothing to do with SA_WXR.
CDU read/writes from/to NETDIR and the other PM programs read and read/write from/to NETDIR.
To reduce the read/write traffic in the network the easiest way is to place the NETDIR on the CDU's HD.
When you use the CDU setting to let it create the NETDIR folder it is nayway placed beside or in CDU's folder.

E.g. that are ever my settings
-CDU is on C drive
C:\pmCDU

the PC name is AMD-FMC
the NETDIR folder is shared on this PC as NETDIR
in CDU.ini
DisableAutoNetDir=on
NetDir=\\AMD-FMC\netdir\

It looks may be crazy that I use the shared name \\AMD-FMC\netdir\ instead of the real lacation C:\pmCDU\Netdir , but this works best for me.
All installations of CDU/MCDU I do in this way without any problems, like others often have.

flightdeck
09-24-2007, 01:04 PM
SA_WXR 1.7 works with PM ND now !!!

Suggy
09-24-2007, 01:13 PM
Can anybody tell me what inmprovements have been made since 1.4?

Thanks,

Darren Sugden

Trevor Hale
09-24-2007, 01:58 PM
Not requiring an email to get the program to work! Thats the only change, that I am aware of!

Tim
09-24-2007, 02:21 PM
So are you saying, going from 1.4 to 1.7 shows no other work to the program? If so, then there are no improvements and probably never will be any!

Trevor Hale
09-24-2007, 02:46 PM
I am not sure what the author of the software plans, however I would expect what you say is a correct assumption.

michelmvd
09-24-2007, 04:13 PM
Thanks Thomas,
Will give it a try.
Your tips are very much appreciated.
BRgds
Michel

JBaymore
09-24-2007, 08:38 PM
So are you saying, going from 1.4 to 1.7 shows no other work to the program? If so, then there are no improvements and probably never will be any!

Tim,

It may be that given the weather information actually available within the fs2004 and FSX sims, the program already explores the WXR functions about the best it can. I run it as a stand alone (no PM) and it seems to work reasonably well to me (using verison 1.6 currently). The accuracy at times is rather outstanding.

Maybe he can improve the PM functionality, or tweak the interface....but maybe there is nothing else to actually "develop". So any changes merely amount to "freebie upgrades" that won't really earn him any more bucks (or Marks or whatever). The number of new people adding weather radar like this is likely a small subset of all cockpit builders which, while growing, is certainly not a "mass" market.

The PM functionality is an issue limited to users of PM. He is providing a VERY low priced product as an add-on to a very HIGH priced product...... not a formula for economic success as a business model and not likely to cause him to put too much more time and effort into the product gesared solely to that market. PM sells few units of their product and generates a relatively large cash flow. If he capitalizes on converting 100% of the new PM sales into sales for SA_WXR....... he makes very little money.

best,

...................john

sas550
09-24-2007, 11:17 PM
Here Florian posts an explanation for the long waiting time

http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=193&t=64980

Let's hope he make it (ATPL) so we'll see some more realistic software in the future.

eudoniga
09-25-2007, 04:25 AM
Those of you who use it with PM Glass Cockpits might have noticed (talking about the Boeing, at least) in version 1.7 (which works !!!) that the WXR associated label on the left side of the ND display, once the EFIS WXR button has been pressed, is constantly "WXR" regardless to the active WXR device mode (that is OFF / WXR alone / WXR and turbulence).
I'll try and drop a line to Florian also on the other forum, and hope he'll be willing to fix it !
Regards,
p.s. it dawns on me, though, that this detail might be something of which the PM Team has to take care of, given that it's the Glass Cockpit software - at least this is what I guess - that picks up the radar device status and displays the status labels accordingly ...

Peter Dowson
09-25-2007, 04:57 AM
It may be that given the weather information actually available within the fs2004 and FSX sims, the program already explores the WXR functions about the best it can.

In FSX he could go direct to SimConnect instead of using FSUIPC, and get a detailed cloud map which actually reflects the graphics cloud depiction. It's a new feature for FSX, but as yet unsupported in FSUIPC (as I assumed only new programs would exploit it, and they'd be written to SimConnect not FSUIPC).

Of course this would be a lot of work and I see he is already very busy.

Regards

Pete

JBaymore
09-25-2007, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the info on FSX's different weather modeling, Pete. Sounds like that makes a very realistic and detailed WXR a possibility. Hopefully someone will actually tackle it. Complex, niche market software is a tough field.

I'm pretty happy with the SA_WXR rendition as a stand alone. It gives a reasonable approximation. I wish there were a few more features..... but hey..... us sim pilots are never satisfied. ;)

best,

.................john

Tim
09-26-2007, 07:12 AM
For some of us the issue has been, and apparently still is, the internal offset bits and bytes used to control the software with latching, monentary, and rotary switches.

Anyone know if this was ever addredded?

Peter Nielsen
10-01-2007, 04:47 AM
The new version 1.7 works, which is good news, but i wonder if Thoams can answer a question relating to the PM GetWx programme.

PM Get WX is needed to call up a Metar via the CDU but this programe is not running as the WXR display is now rendered by the SAWXR programme.

Is there any way that we can still use the PM GetWX for Metar but somehow have an option in the programme NOT to display the WX on radar as this function is being fulfilled by the SAWXR??

Cheers
Peter

Thomas Richter
10-01-2007, 04:58 AM
The new version 1.7 works, which is good news, but i wonder if Thoams can answer a question relating to the PM GetWx programme.

PM Get WX is needed to call up a Metar via the CDU but this programe is not running as the WXR display is now rendered by the SAWXR programme.

Is there any way that we can still use the PM GetWX for Metar but somehow have an option in the programme NOT to display the WX on radar as this function is being fulfilled by the SAWXR??

Cheers
Peter

Hi

There is no way.
SA-WXR reads the weather from FS itself to create the Bitmap.
PmGetWeather/WhazzUp reads the weather only from server, has nothing to do with FS.
Also if it would be possible, you would get the Metar from a differend server than FS gets the weather data.

Peter Nielsen
10-01-2007, 05:27 AM
Hi

There is no way.
SA-WXR reads the weather from FS itself to create the Bitmap.
PmGetWeather/WhazzUp reads the weather only from server, has nothing to do with FS.
Also if it would be possible, you would get the Metar from a differend server than FS gets the weather data.

Tks Thomas,

the Metar i see displayed in the PM CDU using PMGetWx is 100% spot on at all times with the WX and VATSIM servers. So perhaps what is needed is a small program that only reads the METAR/TAF Values (either from an internal PM server or from a VATSIM/IVAO/Servinfo server (the last one being the one i suspect it reads from already) and displays them in text within the CDU but ignores anyother kind of "radar" or "image"

That way we could use the SA WXR for "radar display" but still have the Acars functionality in the CDU.
Peter

flightdeck
10-01-2007, 05:52 AM
I absolutely second that! Would be a great feature!
The easiest way could be that the program suppresses the export of the pmwx.dat (from Wazzup) or saves a file with a different name to the NetDir.

flightdeck
10-01-2007, 12:18 PM
Gents, I've tried the following:
Choosed "disabled" in pmGetWeather (Sat Info disabled) and ran SA_WXR 1.7 too!
Works like a charm! Weather radar image comes via FS2004 (Active Sky) and I've got METAR informations via ACARS/METAR in the CDU as well!
:cool::D:cool::D:cool::D:cool:

Peter Nielsen
10-01-2007, 03:03 PM
Works like a charm! Weather radar image comes via FS2004 (Active Sky) and I've got METAR informations via ACARS/METAR in the CDU as well!

You did what? where?

this is my PM Getweather config file
//pmGetWeather Build 10
ProxyAddress=
ProxyPort= 0
Interval= 3
DefaultDirectory=
//Directory/Folder to be used when no FMC is running
Log=On
Minimized=Off

So where/what did you enter here?
Peter

sas550
10-01-2007, 03:12 PM
Works for me. In the little pmGetWeather window I choosed "Disable" instead of the time choices. In the .ini I choosed Minimized=on.

Tnx for the tip. Great finding.

frans
10-01-2007, 03:31 PM
Rene,

Thanks for the tip

1.7 + getweather (no sat) works fine.

Frans Spruit EHAM

phil.
10-03-2007, 04:35 AM
hello,
can someone tell me what the difference is between version 1.4 and 1.7. I still have 1.4 and it is working fine in FS9.
Phil.

sas550
10-03-2007, 07:52 AM
hello,
can someone tell me what the difference is between version 1.4 and 1.7. I still have 1.4 and it is working fine in FS9.
Phil.

It's allready been answered in this thread. :wink:

The only difference seems to be that you doesn't need a mac adress and new license to reinstall anymore.

michelmvd
10-03-2007, 08:56 AM

By the disable option, you got indeed the FS2004 weather what every source it is. Very good results of course with Active Sky.
What the Metar concerns, this is still the PMsource, whatever this is, and it is not necessary the same metar (hr) Active Sky use.

I don't know if it is possible for PM to refer to the actual Active Sky source?

B. rgds
Michel

phil.
10-03-2007, 09:10 AM
i use Active sky for weather, should i upgrade to 1.7 to let it work with Pm getweather. The problem with version 1.4 i somethimes have is that when decending from cruise and coming into some clouds it does not show the clouds on the ND. When turning the program (1.4) off an starting it back on it shows again the clouds. It seems that it stops working when i'm in cruise.
Phil.

JBaymore
10-03-2007, 09:42 AM
Phil,

One thought...... remember that the tilt angle is VERY well modeled. If you are about to descend, make sure that the tilt angle is run to the negative side enough to "see" where you are going to be headed. Also read the docs as to what the WX radar actually picks up. Many simple clouds are NOT detected...... by this emulation or the real unit.

More likely you might be experiencing the issue of the SA_WXR inherent default "scan rate" when there is a sudden change in the weather or a sudden change in the tilt angle or aircraft pitch. The Collins 2100 radar it is modeled after is multi-scan, so in the real unit it takes a number of passes to build the image and is not an instantaneous update. But it is pretty fast.

However, within the limits of FS and the programming SA_WXR only refreshes the "weather image" that it "shoots" every so often. If I remember correctly this defaults to many minutes between updates. Between one simulated multi-scan update and another, the stored weather image from the LAST scan is displayed and rotated to match the direction of flight of the aircraft as that changes due to navigation, but the image is not updated as to the the actual weather until the next "multi-scan" sweep. The continuous apparent "sweep" of the beam on the display is merley a simulated radar updating..... not an actual one that relates to taking an new reading.

The real update is a fixed screen "snapshot" of the weather every X minutes. That "screenshot" is then stored in a temporary location for use by the display until the next "shot". You can vary the "X" minutes in the ini file.

Read the docs on the program. You can up the scan rate in the ini file... but it then taxes the computer that the ND is located on..... and Florian says it can cause "stutters" in the ND display. Try increasing it as high as you can (shorter intervals) until it screws up the refresh rate on the ND unacceptably. The beefier the machine that you are running it on, the faster you SHOULD be able to run the updates.

best,

....................john

phil.
10-03-2007, 10:15 AM
ok thanks John, so i will try to shorten the scan rate. Is it usefull to install the version 1.7 ?
Phil.

sas550
10-03-2007, 11:17 AM
Bear in mind also that in fs 2004 you don't get a reflection of what you actually see on the screen. That's a function that will work in FSX as P Dowson told us some reply's back in this thread. I'm not sure to why it doesn't show the "true" image. Maybee Pete can fill us in if he reads this?

Peter Dowson
10-03-2007, 02:58 PM
Bear in mind also that in fs 2004 you don't get a reflection of what you actually see on the screen. That's a function that will work in FSX as P Dowson told us some reply's back in this thread. I'm not sure to why it doesn't show the "true" image. Maybee Pete can fill us in if he reads this?

Well, you are misinterpreting what I said a little.

In all versions of FS (those which have cloud graphics), the clouds are placed randomly in the region corresponding to the Weather Station position reporting those clouds. Of course they then move in the wind, so that eventually the weather reported at each station changes too, with possibly different cloud layers etc.

All FSUIPC could do was extract the reports from the WX stations - basically, not a lot more than you get from downloading the METARs from the web. METARs do not say "here's a cloud, there's a cloud", they say "there are these sorts of clouds covering n/8ths of the sky at this (base) altitude".

So, a weather radar screen can only show a representation of that. For distant stations that's no problem, a simple representation is good enough. It only gets awkward close up, because the radar cannot show the exact position of each cloud, or bunch of clouds.

Since the clouds do actually have to have a position, there is, obviously, somewhere in FS a record of where they are. This has to be retained to get them moving in the wind.

In FS9 the maker of Reality XP gauges did actually crack the internal coding for clouds, and his weather gauges are therefore more detailed and very sophisticated compared to the AOG gauges, which use the basic WX station data FSUIPC provides. Naturally, RXP kept their knowledge of how to extract the data a trade secret, and I've never had the time (or inclination, really) to do the same investigation myself.

This changes in FSX simply because, as a result of my early requests about this, Microsoft have provided a way to read the actual cloud data via SimConnect. This is a new facility in FSX, and it isn't used by FSUIPC simply because it would need a complete new way of handling the WX information in any case by any program using it. That being the case (i.e. the application, SA_WXR for instance, needing re-writing), the programs requiring this new data might as well interface direct to SimConnect. Going through FSUIPC for FSX-only data makes little sense -- FSUIPC is for compatibility.

So, yes, it *can* be better / different in FSX, but it would need a new re-written version of SA_WXR.

Hope this is now clear!?

Regards

Pete

sas550
10-03-2007, 05:17 PM
Tnx alot. That was an excellent explanation.

JBaymore
10-03-2007, 10:13 PM
In FS9 the maker of Reality XP gauges did actually crack the internal coding for clouds, and his weather gauges are therefore more detailed and very sophisticated compared to the AOG gauges, which use the basic WX station data FSUIPC provides. Naturally, RXP kept their knowledge of how to extract the data a trade secret, and I've never had the time (or inclination, really) to do the same investigation myself.

It is too bad that Reality XP does not make a "stand alone" networkable weather radar gauge....only "in-sim" installable panels. Sigh. :(

best,

.................john

phil.
10-04-2007, 08:42 AM
does someone know how that the tilt angle can be changed on the ND while i'm inside my cockpit, as the sa wxr screen stands outside on my pc screen ? Are there hardware solutions for this, or programming needed ?
Phil.

sas550
10-04-2007, 04:07 PM
This is copied from another thread on the subject.
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset"><TABLE class=forumline cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=row1 vAlign=top align=left width=150>

</TD><TD class=row1 vAlign=top width="100%" height=28><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%">http://forums.simflight.com/templates/subSilver/images/icon_minipost.gif (http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?p=382444#382444)Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:37 pm Post subject: </TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap>http://forums.simflight.com/templates/subSilver/images/lang_english/icon_quote.gif (http://forums.simflight.com/posting.php?mode=quote&p=382444) </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>Hello again.

I wish this report frees many people from a trouble.

Specifications of tilt setting of SA_WXR may be different from a manual.
It is written in a manual as follows.

+-------------+-----------------+
|Command Value| Function |
| 17 |Set Tilt positive|
| 18 |Set Tilt negative|

However, I used only positive setting.
For example, I write an order like next, and please test it.

15=P1,8,Cx31006D01,x003C0001
16=P1,8,Cx01006D00,x11
17=P1,9,Cx41006D01,xFFC40001
18=P1,9,Cx01006D00,x11

I think that a good result was provided.

I edited FSUIPC.INI and wrote in it.
This read over Advanced Users.doc of FSUIPC again and hit.
Please test it once by all means.
And please tell it about the result.
I wait for a nice report.

Motoyasu Hattori
Gifu Japan

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
I have tested it and it works flawless when assigned to a joybutton. Just change the first digits to suit the order in wich the button presses are sorted in fsuipc.ini. The digit 8 in the two first lines and 9 in the third/fourth line is the button numbers. They obviusly have to be changed to your button number.

There are some hints in the "Fsuipc for advanced users" section that covers additonal fs controls added by Fsuipc.

phil.
10-04-2007, 04:30 PM
Where should i put these lines in the fsuipc.ini?
16=P1,8,Cx01006D00,x11
18=P1,9,Cx01006D00,x11
Phil.

Peter Dowson
10-04-2007, 07:28 PM
Where should i put these lines in the fsuipc.ini?
16=P1,8,Cx01006D00,x11
18=P1,9,Cx01006D00,x11
Phil.

They are Button definitions, so in the [Buttons] section. Add it if you've not already assigned any buttons.

Bear in mind that the 1,8 and 1,9 parts may not apply to your buttons. Best go into the Buttons tab in FSUIPC options and press them, see what Joystick/Button numbers come up. You can still then edit the INI, without closing FS, and tell FSUIPC to reload all button definitions (there's a screen button for that, you'll see it).

Pete

phil.
10-05-2007, 09:37 AM
i got here the explenation how to use it with Fsuipcb, but i don't understand a thing of it. what to do here ?

phil.
10-05-2007, 09:38 AM
or can it be set in the PM CDU ?
Phil.

sas550
10-05-2007, 09:55 AM
You can use the cdu (hardware) to control sa_wxr.

You have to take the focus from the running cdu software and make sure sa_wxr has the focus.

Then u can use the line select keys to control it.

Not so practical though since you have to toggle between the two softwares.

It's described in the sa_wxr user docs.

phil.
02-13-2008, 04:50 PM
what is the difference between version 1.3 and 1.7 , is the weather better displayed ?
Phil.

Trevor Hale
02-13-2008, 05:34 PM
No difference to my knowledge except 1.6 was a botched installer, and 1.7 no longer requires a code to be sent to Florian.

Trev

eudoniga
02-14-2008, 04:29 AM
Yep, and it's a pity that Florian doesn't seem to be working at it anymore ...
despite some still existing flaws.

In my case, at least, the label displayed on the ND is not correct:
it does always display "WXR", even if the device is working in the "WXR+T" mode, and it doesn't display "NO WXR" if the device is off ...

Is it the same for you ?

Eugenio.

phil.
02-14-2008, 06:43 AM
hello,
yes it is the same in my cockpit. When you look at the weather screen itself there are on the left different buttons, the 3rd is GCS should this be on in flight or off ? don't know the meaning of this, neither on the 2nd button OFP, what does this mean and what to do with it in flight ?
Phil.

eudoniga
02-14-2008, 07:09 AM
Phil, if you haven't it, or didn't read it, and if you just enter "GCS OFP" via Google, it will bring you straight to the SA_WXR .pdf manual online ...

There's no better way to describe these features !!!

;-)

Tim
04-14-2008, 02:40 PM
I keep getting errors with version 1.7.

Could someone using SA-WXR 1.7 with WinXP/SP2 help me get this program to work.

SA-WXR is installed on a client machine with FSUIPC 4.26 and WideFS 6.75.

Private Mail might be best at this point.

Thanks!

Thomas Richter
04-14-2008, 03:08 PM
Make sure your windows is up to date as well with .NET Framework.

Tim
04-14-2008, 07:58 PM
Thomas,

WinXP is up to date.

When I start the weather program with the F1 key, I get an error stating ntdll.dll is the problem.

Any ideas?

Thomas Richter
04-14-2008, 08:21 PM
May be this will help you.

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?ntdll

Tim
04-15-2008, 07:05 PM
May be this will help you.

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?ntdll

Hi Thomas,

I looked at that link but was unsure of it's safety.

You did get me looking at the Sa-WXR install again. In searching through the file folder, I noiticed the .lic file was missing.

I uninstalled SA-WXR, re-installed ( .lic file still missing after re-install) and copy and pasted the .lic file. SA-WXR is now working again with the pmRJ! Why, I'm not really sure.

I seem to recall that the latest build, 1.7, did not need a registration code. If that is what is in the .lic file.

Thanks for the push,

TIM

NicD
05-03-2008, 11:15 PM
Thanks Tim - I had the same problem and so your post was very helpful. I created a blank text file called SA_WXR.LIC in the SA_WXR folder and the software now starts fine. Cheers!

luisgordo
05-04-2008, 07:32 AM
I am also using pmGetWx w/o sat image and SA_WXR for ND Wx radar image. Works great!! :)

Peter Nielsen
09-09-2010, 12:04 PM
Gents,

I did the stupid thing, i upgraded to the latest PMgetWX due to the change of NOAA and not getting any metars any longer and it 100% overwrote my ini file so am back where i was, ie getting the WX and Metar from PMGETWX.
could one of you kind gents using PMGetWX and the SA-WXR1.7 please copy and paste your config files for me?
Tks
Peter

AndyH
04-03-2011, 04:44 PM
Hi All,

After a few years away from building my A320, I have finaly started building again and Im in the process of trying to update all the software. I had purchased SA_WXR when it was first realeased. Looks like 1.7 is now the way to go.

Problem is I'm having trouble locating a download, can some one point me in the right direction please or if the license agreement allows provide a copy?

Many Thanks

Andy

EDITED: Found it - it was still available as an update.

yoss
04-04-2011, 11:59 AM
Hi All,

After a few years away from building my A320, I have finaly started building again and Im in the process of trying to update all the software. I had purchased SA_WXR when it was first realeased. Looks like 1.7 is now the way to go.

Problem is I'm having trouble locating a download, can some one point me in the right direction please or if the license agreement allows provide a copy?

Many Thanks

Andy

EDITED: Found it - it was still available as an update.

Andy,if this soft still availabe to dload?
If so , could you tell me where from?
I know , that Sa_wxr is not for sale anymore and not supported by developer
The last update version ,i think 1.7 was released as free

Thanks in advance

Joseph

blackbeast
07-28-2014, 09:07 AM
Hi all, i install this software SA_WXR but i am unable to assign with my goflight button throug fsuipc, the only works is the tilt, i copy form there...but now i like assing offset to switch between mode with one pushbutton and samething for GCS and OFP, anybody can help me...

thanks