PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone

rusty
09-05-2007, 02:49 PM
I have been flight simming since starting on the sinclair zx81 wireframe
cockpit of a spitfire. The last few years have been getting more serious into flying 747, 737 for a virtual airline. After seeing a sight in the UK about
building a home cockpit I have been inspired to have a go myself. I hope to learn a lot from you guys and hopefully some help from you as well. I hope soon to start building a mcp for my boeing.

Bruce Jackson

dodiano
09-05-2007, 02:55 PM
Yupe!! Welcome to the Hobby man this is the right place to spend your money... errrr follow your dream LOL!! Kidding!! Welcome and please donīt hesitate to ask these guys are amazing builders and very talented I sure know they will help you out!

Regards,

Roberto

Trevor Hale
09-05-2007, 02:56 PM
Hey Bruce...

It's great to hear from you. I am sure many of us builders are looking forward to seeing and hearing about your plans. There is a plethora of knowledge here in the sight, you will be able to find it I am sure, if not. Ask questions. We are all here to help each other out. Please feel free to create a gallery of your project, so we may all see how things are going for you. I for one am excited to see more new members joining daily. You all bring something new to the table, and for that we thank you.

Best regards...

Trevor Hale
Mycockpit.org

rusty
09-05-2007, 03:01 PM
Many thanks guys for the warm welcome I got on here tonight, one question I was going to ask. Is it better to buy a commercially built MCP panel or one of the ones you put together yourself

Bruce

Bob Reed
09-05-2007, 03:13 PM
Many thanks guys for the warm welcome I got on here tonight, one question I was going to ask. Is it better to buy a commercially built MCP panel or one of the ones you put together yourself

Bruce

Hello and welcome! Well that depends... If you have the time, know how or willing to learn how I think building your own is a great idea, but if money is not a problem and you would rather spend your time on other parts of your sim, then buy one. There are a few good ones out there. It is all up to what you want..... And I too look forward to seeing your project grow!

Trevor Hale
09-05-2007, 03:26 PM

Bruce

If your not ready to buy an interface system yet, but want to have a large change in realism. Buying One is a great start.

2 Models spring to mind. CPFlight best (But more expensive) and Goflight. A great product.

Best regards.

Trev

rusty
09-05-2007, 03:42 PM
Thanks Bob and Trev for the advice think I will go for the goflight version, I have been led to understand that there is a company in poland that makes fantastic panels for the 737NG, which is great for guys like me this side of the pond.

Bruce

jmig
09-05-2007, 10:38 PM
Thanks Bob and Trev for the advice think I will go for the goflight version, I have been led to understand that there is a company in poland that makes fantastic panels for the 737NG, which is great for guys like me this side of the pond.

Bruce

Welcome to the group, Bruce. Just be aware that Go-flight makes great equipment but their customer service sucks. I have several of their units and love them. But, if I need help, I prowl the boards. Good luck

Westozy
09-06-2007, 04:35 AM
Welcome to MyCockpit Bruce,

I would very much recommend the CP Flight MCP with the backlit front plate from Engravity. I have this unit and two CP Flight EFIS modules that work brilliantly with the PMDG program and look a million bucks. Well worth the extra pennies, don't compromise on this purchase, you won't regret it!

Regards, Gwyn

rusty
09-06-2007, 05:32 AM
Thanks for that Gwyn, I didnt realise they made an EFIS Panel as well, looks as if this is the better option

Bruce

Trevor Hale
09-06-2007, 07:56 AM
Rusty, Both companies make Efis panels to go with the MCP's Goflight Panels are not Back lit, CP Flight panels are. (Major Difference) I Bought the Goflight MCP Pro and it arrived. Shortly after my first flight, The unit locked up on me. I telephoned Go flight, and the next day at lunch I had a replacement from the USA. I am in Canada, I didn't think it is possible to get mail that quick. They spent over $80 USD to rush ship me a new one, so I have to say, the Customer service is fantastic if you PHONE THEM.

Best regards,

Trev

JBaymore
09-06-2007, 10:41 AM
I have been flight simming since starting on the sinclair zx81 wireframe
cockpit of a spitfire.

Yeeeha! ME too!

Welcome to the forum and best of luck with your obsession ....ugh....project.

best,

..................john

JBaymore
09-06-2007, 10:49 AM
I telephoned Go flight, and the next day at lunch I had a replacement from the USA. I am in Canada, I didn't think it is possible to get mail that quick. They spent over $80 USD to rush ship me a new one, so I have to say, the Customer service is fantastic if you PHONE THEM.

My FEW (which is how we like it ;) ) support dealings with Goflight have been EXCELLENT. Above and beyond the call of duty. I currently have four VRP 166 radios, two GF 45s, one RP-48, one RP 48 RMK, the MCP, and the ATC Module.

The reputation they have about support seems to me to stem mainly from the "official" but not REALLY official Goflight forums that they have posted off their website. I am surprised that they continue to have them there. The do not actively participate on those.

If you have any issues, telephone them or use DIRECT email to them ........ my guess is they will surprise you. Don't bother even trying for answers from THEM in their forum.

I have had few of the problems that others seem to have. I think that is mainly because I have kept the GF units on USB 1 ...... not on usb 2. I see no need for the faster transmissions.... usb 1 is already fast enough for this use. Oh... and no Vista in this house ;).

best,

...................john