PDA

View Full Version : Missing Message in CDU Scratchboard

flightdeck
09-03-2007, 09:29 AM
I've tested several times my Engravity CDU with PM's CDU software. A major problem popped up: "Messages" are not displayed in the scratchboard as expected, I have to recall them via menue button and then in ">messages". "Show messages" is enabled in the CDU menue, same happens in the RCDU of course.

Did anyone have a similar problem and alraedy a solution? I wrote to PM support, but no reaction from their side until now ... :cry:
Thanks in advance

cdjung
09-03-2007, 05:19 PM
I have an engravity CDU and that I have always had to go to a separate message page to read messages (never in the scratch pad). I think this is a logic issue that needs to be resolved by the PM folks.

CJ

eudoniga
09-18-2007, 08:32 AM
I guess it's not all. :(

Did you ever notice there are quite a lot of missing messages from the CDU ?

I couldn't realize it until I examined the complete message set of which a CDU is capable, taken from Bill Bulfer's Guide (The 737 FMC Guide).

One for all: "RESET MCP ALT" when you get close to TOD in VNAV mode and you have forgotten to lower the ALTITUDE value, to allow the MCP to begin descending ...

Cheers,

Eu

dnoize
09-18-2007, 02:08 PM
To get things straight:

You are missing that message in the PM software CDU, right ?

Stef

flightdeck
09-18-2007, 02:12 PM
You are missing that message in the PM software CDU, right ?RIGHT, it is PM software related!
Enrico mailed me, that he is aware of it and added it to the "to do" list!