PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull air race

Westozy
08-27-2007, 12:23 PM
Today I arrived home to the news that Diana had been on the phone booking me a Father's day present, I'm going to have a simulated combat ride in a Chinese Nangchang fighter - www.fciwa.com (http://www.fciwa.com) September 14th. Awesome, cheers babe. She then handed me the phone to talk to "Drew Searle", FCI owner and B747 pilot. He said with my real flying experience that I would "get to play with the stick". Drew is also the event co-ordinator for the Red Bull air race in Perth in November. Di was telling him about my sim and steered him to my website while they chatted, he now wants to display my sim at the Red Bull air race and is coming around to discuss logistics - SO STOKED! He said they will "cover expenses" etc and is very keen to do it. I can dismantle my sim and reassemble it in under an hour so it might happen, it might be a chance to plug MyCockpit.org and Aerosim Solutions on a bigger scale. I'll update here if anything eventuates.

Gwyn

Trevor Hale
08-27-2007, 12:26 PM
Sounds wonderful Gwyn, I am stoked for ya.

I wish my sim was as mobile and easy to set up and take down as yours. Keep us informed, should be a great event none the less, you may have the exhibit of the entire show, just keep the dirty sticky fingered kids away :)

Westozy
08-27-2007, 12:33 PM
Absolutely, no tyre kickers and kids, invited experienced pilot's only. What am I doing here at 00.30, yawn, gotta try and sleep but too excited. Had a great night flying with "Kennair" tonight, will repair the undercarraige tomorrow. LOL!

Gwyn

Trevor Hale
08-27-2007, 12:53 PM
ROFL. Well, have a good night sleep, and we will talk at ya laters. I wondered why maintenance complained about the abuse the Landing Gear took.

Westozy's missus
08-27-2007, 06:46 PM
Di was telling him about my sim and steered him to my website while they chatted, he now wants to display my sim at the Red Bull air race and is coming around to discuss logistics - SO STOKED! He said they will "cover expenses" etc and is very keen to do it.

Gwyn

Like I said "Caring & Sharing"....OH and he is SO covering expenses including my night at the hotel across the water from the race - you know that one with the penthouse and fabulous view of the whole race....then there's dinner, babysitters...........:p

Trevor Hale
08-28-2007, 07:39 AM
Di... Why would he need babysitters? When he has you to watch the kiddies...

Gaspode
08-28-2007, 08:43 AM
Di... Why would he need babysitters? When he has you to watch the kiddies...

He says while whistling the tune from M*A*S*H (Suicide is painless)

Trevor Hale
08-28-2007, 10:37 AM
ROFL.... How did you know.. I know I am safe for now, as they are a 24 hour plane ride for her to kick my butt! Problem is, She and my wife talk, so I could get punishment from this end. (maybe my wife will give me the silent treatment) WOOT! More sim time :) J/K Di.. you know I am playin right?????

Michael Carter
08-28-2007, 10:50 AM
That's exciting news Gwyn. I'm sure that will be the hit of the show. Let us know how it goes.

Westozy's missus
08-28-2007, 07:00 PM
ROFL.... How did you know.. I know I am safe for now, as they are a 24 hour plane ride for her to kick my butt! Problem is, She and my wife talk, so I could get punishment from this end. (maybe my wife will give me the silent treatment) WOOT! More sim time :) J/K Di.. you know I am playin right?????

Playing, uh huh yep right....24hrs away....silly person....Tracy I think you can take it from here...Thanks! Oh and nice knowing you Trev........:cool:

Tracy Hale
08-28-2007, 07:22 PM
Playing, uh huh yep right....24hrs away....silly person....Tracy I think you can take it from here...Thanks! Oh and nice knowing you Trev........:cool:

oooooh no probs Di...I CAN and WILL take it from here.....

Trev you are grounded from the Sim for 2 weeks!

Westozy's missus
08-28-2007, 07:34 PM

Oops that's bit strong isn't it? Onya girl!!!:lol:

Tracy Hale
08-28-2007, 07:45 PM
Oops that's bit strong isn't it? Onya girl!!!:lol:

No, a bit strong would be 3 weeks ;)

Trevor Hale
08-28-2007, 07:51 PM
ummmm......ok...... ummmmmm sorry?

Tracy Hale
08-28-2007, 07:52 PM
ummmm......ok...... ummmmmm sorry?

up to Di if she wants to accept that lame apology :p

Gaspode
08-29-2007, 06:10 AM
I'm looking forward to the air race, and will certainly look out for your sim!! That's of course if the ladies let you out :)

My wife rolls her eyes when I ask for stuff, but she helps with my soldering and stuff.

Got my opencockpits master card and starting to populate it - so looking forward to building again!!!!

Westozy's missus
08-29-2007, 06:18 AM
up to Di if she wants to accept that lame apology :p

Yep truly lame....guess it's just cranked up to 3 weeks off....you need to think very carefully about what you have done young man!!!

Trevor Hale
08-29-2007, 07:16 AM
Yep truly lame....guess it's just cranked up to 3 weeks off....you need to think very carefully about what you have done young man!!!

Well, now just wishing I didn't get caught.... Speaking Of Red Bull Air Race Gwyn.. Will you be sure to get some great pictures of your sim and the lot all setup in a public place, for I won't be able to come see it as I will be in solitary confinement. Maybe even forced to watch Love stories.... EWWWWW.

Bob Reed
08-29-2007, 11:01 AM

2 weeks???!!!!! TREVOR!!!!! What is wrong with ya man!!!!???????

Tracy, be merciful.. It was the bump on his head from getting up too fast in the sim the other day that made him say it..... Oh dear..... I am sooo lonely already...:shock::?

Trevor Hale
08-29-2007, 01:35 PM
ROFL.. No worries Bob, it will go by quick LOL

Westozy's missus
08-29-2007, 06:51 PM

That's what you think.........

Tracy Hale
08-29-2007, 08:58 PM

quick?? I think not! :p

Trevor Hale
08-30-2007, 08:11 AM
All solved, and they lived happily ever after :)

Michael Carter
08-30-2007, 11:24 AM
And flew off into the sunset...

Matt Olieman
08-30-2007, 11:37 AM
Sniff, sniff, it brings tear to my eyes.... how romantic:p

Trevor Hale
08-30-2007, 11:47 AM
ROFL Matt. Well, sometimes a man needs to admit defeat... At least in a marriage LOL

Tracy Hale
08-30-2007, 11:48 AM
ROFL Matt. Well, sometimes a man needs to admit defeat... At least in a marriage LOL

AMEN!! ;) Slowly but surely my dear, you will learn!

Michael Carter
08-30-2007, 12:06 PM
Trevor, you mean to tell me you haven't figured out yet who's the boss?

How long have you been married?:)

Tracy Hale
08-30-2007, 12:08 PM
Trevor, you mean to tell me you haven't figured out yet who's the boss?:)

oh! he knows who's the boss, he just hates to admit it! :mrgreen: