PDA

View Full Version : Q for Alan

alaxus
08-21-2007, 10:35 AM
I have a interesting problem with the phidget encoders and fs2pidgets. The problem happens when I am using the pm737MCP.ini offsets. In fs2phidgets there is the phi value column and the FS value column. When your turn the encoder slowly the phi value is +1 or -1 depending on direction. If you go a bit quicker the phi value goes from 1 to 2 then 3 and so on, turn the other way and it goes -1 -2 -3 etc. The problem I have is when the phi value goes from + 1 to +2 the FS value reverses. So in the case of the alt setting +1 counts it down and -1 counts up, but when the phi value hits +2 because the encoder is being turned quicker the alt starts counting up instead of down. Now the interesting thing is it doesnt happen when you go the other way, -1 -2 -3 in this case the FS value doesnt change.
I hope I have explained it here as its hard to describe.
Anyone else noticed this?

thanks
Jeff

Bob Reed
08-21-2007, 11:30 AM
Hmmm Alan will have to step in here but are you using the Phidgets encoders? Almost sounds like the encoder is not counting properly....

alaxus
08-22-2007, 12:45 AM
Hmmm Alan will have to step in here but are you using the Phidgets encoders? Almost sounds like the encoder is not counting properly....

Yes they are the standard phidget encoders. I thought that 1 might have been faulty, but they all do it using the PM737MCP.INI. When using the normal FS offsets it dosent seem to be as tempermental.

Jeff