Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Tomlin's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mini pushbutton switches for Korrys?

Hi

Does anyone know the name or type of these mini push button On/OFF switches that's in this tutorial for Korry switches? Each time I think I find one, they are too expenive, Momentary, or too big. I just simply need a small on/off pushbutton with a narrow, long shaft to mount into the acrylic.

See: http://home.hccnet.nl/jwopdenakker/building%20tip.html
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

That's not an on off switch it just a momentary. The interface software makes it work like an on off... Thats why you are having trouble finding it...
    Bob Reed

Really? Not so sure about that Bob. I know the REAL a/c has On/Off switches for their Korrys for the majority of them. I do see what your saying though- just install a momentary and tell it to 'latch'. Only problem is that I cant seem to get this to work in InterfaceIT and there are conflicting 'stories' on that issue. One post at FDS says that it's not possible to 'latch' an assignment via momentary switches, while someone else says it should be possible with the current release of InterfaceIT. I do know that Phidgets has the 'latching' possibility. I will try it again tonight to see if I can make that work. If so, then Im good to go because there are tons of small momentary switches for very little.
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tomlin View Post
    Really? Not so sure about that Bob. I know the REAL a/c has On/Off switches for their Korrys for the majority of them. I do see what your saying though- just install a momentary and tell it to 'latch'. Only problem is that I cant seem to get this to work in InterfaceIT and there are conflicting 'stories' on that issue. One post at FDS says that it's not possible to 'latch' an assignment via momentary switches, while someone else says it should be possible with the current release of InterfaceIT. I do know that Phidgets has the 'latching' possibility. I will try it again tonight to see if I can make that work. If so, then Im good to go because there are tons of small momentary switches for very little.
    Real may be so, but we are not talking about real here. Those switches in that tutorial are momentary.. "latching" is a basic function and I would think that InterfaceIt could do that. I know it could back in it's beta days as I was able to do it. It's just a bit flip... Trip the bit it's on, trip the bit again, it is off.....
    Bob Reed

I posted in the fds forum but removed it due to the fact that Pete also sells some hardware as well.

http://www.alltronics.com/cgi-bin/it...hbutton-Switch

Gary

Thanks Gary, this looks almost exactly what I had in mind and the price too! Bob, Im working right now to try the latching in IT.

Thanks
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

Contact Mouser Electronics on the web and request a paper catalog. They send them quarterly.

No sim builder should be without this catalog.

Shipping is fast, they are centrally located, and they are very knowlegable about their products.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!