Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from Jep!

300+ Forum Addict

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

There are several options for interfacing switches. Beta Innovations (www.betainnovations.com) offers several USB interface cards. Flightdeck Solutions (www.flightdecksolutions.com) makes the InterfaceIT line of interface products. Velleman (www.velleman.be) has a generic USB interface. Opencockpits (www.opencockpits.com) has the IOCards project. FSBus (www.fsbus.de) is a DIY project you build from the docs on the FSBus wibsite. Flight Illusion (www.flightillusion.com) has just introduced an interface product. If you're only interested in a few switch inputs you can use the electronics from a gamepad for a "cheap, quick and dirty" approach.

I don't think there is anything wrong with FSX. In fact, I would prefer it if I were pursuing a motion base project. SimConnect, the FSX API, allows you to specify the timing of the data transmission relative to the sim rate. I don't know that you can do that with FSUIPC and FS9.

10+ Posting Member

Thanks for the help. I will be starting a new thread soon to get all of my questions answered. I am just trying to wrap my head around how big of a project this will truly be.

O'Malley

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Hey Buddy,

Don't look at it as "HOW BIG" look at it in sections. Start with one foot in front of the other and build on it. Sometimes seeing the entire scope of work may discourage you. Yes there will be times that you hit a brick wall, and wonder what to do. Thats why we are here, to help you with the path over or around the wall.

Good luck, and I can't wait to see your progress.

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

Trevor's right. You have to break the build down in managable pieces or this insurmountable task will leave you with your jaw on the floor.

There is always something to do. If you get stuck at something, move on to another area. Maybe an idea or solution to the first problem will arise in the mean time.

But just like a test question you may get stuck on, you can't waste all of your time on a problem you are having when there is no obvious solution at the present time when other things can be done. You can always come back to the problem area.

I've done it enough myself.

Welcome to the site!
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!