Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

How to find key commands for mouse-only controls

I am having a problem with the elevator hold on my Sperry SP-50 autopilot.

All of the other functions are working with either FS commands or FSUIPC commands. Two of the the functions will not engage unless the elevator hold switch is first engaged. Both of those work fine if I use the mouse to engage the elevator hold first.

I fly the Dreamfleet 727 and there are no key commands whatsoever included with the flight manual or general aircraft handbook. Mouse commands rule this aircraft. An extensive Google search turned up nothing. I must be the only 727 builder trying to base the simulator off of the DF727.

I posted this question at the Dreamfleet 727 support forum, but so far I have not had any replies as to just what this command is.

Doesn't there have to be an associated key command even if a mouse click is used to actuate a control?

Is there any way of finding out what this command might be from the air file or the configuration file? How is it that everyone releases aftermarket aircraft with no keyboard command list? Do the aurthors not think someone might want to base their simulator on their aircraft model?

Jees, I remember when I flew Falcon IV and some of Jane's simulations. You almost needed a keyboard overlay to even work the weapons systems to bring something up.

What is it with developers these days?
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!

Powered by FS9 & BOEING

Quote Originally Posted by Boeing Skunk Works View Post
    Doesn't there have to be an associated key command even if a mouse click is used to actuate a control?
    Nope! There are some panels out there with no keybord commands.

Key2Mouse is an option.
    Regards Anders Eriksson

www.simcockpit.se

FS9

I have K2M installed and have used it in the past succesfully, but what good is having external hardware if you have to have the same panel displayed on the monitor to get something working?

Pretty redundant I'd say.

If I have to pull the panel up on video, I may as well use that instead of having hardware.
    Boeing Skunk Works

Powered by FS9 & BOEING

500+ This must be a daytime job JBaymore's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boeing Skunk Works View Post
    If I have to pull the panel up on video, I may as well use that instead of having hardware.
    My sentiments exactly.

It is SO froustrating to have panels with systems thjat can be accessed via a mouse click ....... but that you just can't get to with a keyboard command or a joystick button.

Matthias Liebrecht's WONDERFUL panels for the BAe 146-200 replicate the systems of the plane almost exactly (literally payware quality full systems work).... but I can't use them.... 'cause of the whole "mouseclick" issue.

Drives me nuts!

best,

.....................john

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor kiek's Avatar

May be you should consider moving towards the LevelD 767-300. A very complete panel that comes with an SDK (Software Development Kit).

Almost every function can be accessed via a digital protocol, no mouse clicks nor keyboard commands needed.

I have written free to use tools to make these SDK functions available as FSUIPC offsets (FSCONV) or as 650 predefined SIOC Vars (LEKSEECON).

Cheers,
    Nico Kaan

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Tomlin's Avatar

Nico,

Im sure that it would be hard for Michael to leave all his hardwork to the side and just start on a new aircraft for his sim, regardless of how much easier it may be. If everyone did this, the only sim out there would be a 737!

Anyhow, I see this as a chance to step back, look at other doable alternatives for this function, and decide what's worth hasseling with. That's what I love about the L45 project- there are some things I am absolutely fine with 'cheating' on to get myself flying.

Best of luck Michael, and hang in there!
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org

How to find key commands for mouse-only controls

Michael,
    I have also encountered the same programming problem with many freeware and payware addons. The Autopilot I use in my 727 is from the great Richard Probst 727 panel. Richard himself told me there were no key command for his A/P, so K2M looked very attractive to me.
    I have never used Key2mouse in the past Due to lack of time these days, and do not know all the details involved setting it up. However I have juggled the thought of using it around a little bit and One solution comes to mind. I do not know if it will even work, but here it goes:
    One option would be to have a computer with 2 pci video cards. This would give you 4 monitor outputs (my present setup). 3 monitors can be used for your sim and one monitor (a cheep small monitor) can be hidden or placed aside from the sim and used only for undocking panels to be used with Key2mouse. An FS situation can be saved with the panels placed where you want them to be for programing with Key2mouse. With the situation saved the panel will always boot up in the same place for Key2mouse to work.
    Again this is just a thought of how to tackle this issue of getting sim panels working if there is NO OTHER SOLUTION. I do not know if it will work, but I certainly know it would be expensive.
    Joe Maldonado
    PROJECT 727
    www.xsn.net/project727
    Attached Images Attached Images

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor kiek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tomlin View Post
    Nico,

If everyone did this, the only sim out there would be a 737!
    No, the 767, and later this year the 757

Nico
    BTW: I don't see why so many people choose to build a 737. There are no complete 737 panels with good interfacing capabilities on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by kiek View Post
    May be you should consider moving towards the LevelD 767-300. A very complete panel that comes with an SDK (Software Development Kit).

Almost every function can be accessed via a digital protocol, no mouse clicks nor keyboard commands needed.

I have written free to use tools to make these SDK functions available as FSUIPC offsets (FSCONV) or as 650 predefined SIOC Vars (LEKSEECON).

Cheers,
    Nico Kaan
    ABANDON MY 727?! Why don't I just cut off my right arm? It'd be just the same if I did.

As nice as both aircraft are, I prefer a lot less automation and more actual hand-on flying.
    Boeing Skunk Works