Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

I 'm very happy to confirm that Enrico sent me last night personal emails concerning the Navigraph/ Navdata problem. He explained also - just as Jonanthan did here in the forum - the reasons for the troubles.
    It is great to hear that they are looking into it and his reaction was very much appreciated by myself.
    As so many other people stated here, a good communication is doing wonders and will kill all doomed speculations.
    Thanks a lot Jonathan to take finally the time to inform us here all. Very much appreciated I think.

I fully understand the general situation in PM and how work is done and organized commercially now.

Many thks and best rgds
    Michel

PS. I just noted that from your "changes.txt" MCP quote, a lot of the recent changes (excluding the first one (HDG/VS mode) which is a long term demand for B744) are very B737NG specific. I just hope the futur will also bring more B744 MCP specific things. I'm using MCP 421a but have not see the HDG/VS mode working correctly in B744 maybe I overlook an ini setting ?
    general website : users.telenet.be/michel.vandaele
    my spaces: http://michelmvd.spaces.live.com/
    email : michelmvd@hotmail.com

150+ Forum Groupie

> I just noted that from your "changes.txt" MCP quote, a lot of the recent changes (excluding the first one (HDG/VS mode) which is a long term demand for B744) are very B737NG specific. I just hope the futur will also bring more B744 MCP specific things. I'm using MCP 421a but have not see the HDG/VS mode working correctly in B744 maybe I overlook an ini setting ?[/QUOTE]

This snippet was not taken from a recent build, it was just to illustrate where changes are shown to the user in the changes.txt. And most changes are for the 737 as it is the primary introductory training a/c for flight schools and airlines, working with the flight schools and airlines is where the demands are for these details, I'm afraid we don't do any introductory training with the 747-400 yet. Most crews moving to it are already experienced on GC Jet a/c and don't require the typical benifits a Fixed based full FTD can provide. They are already used to the enviroment. It might happen in the future, who knows, but demand is not there for it right now. The 737 is primary, followed by ERJ, CRJ and lastly Airbus. Please do not take this and "worry" that it means we will stop working on the 747 / 777 / 767 / 757. I do not know what issue re modes you are reffering to on the 747 so I do not know if it can be solved by an ini setting.

Regards
    Jonathan Richardson
    Jonathan Richardson

Boeing Heading change problem

Hi,
    the problem of deviation, just as you described it above, is known by me for almost a year now.
    It appears, that the deviation mostly turns up whilst flying a narrow curve. The deviation starts with crossing the original course followed by a much stronger turn than the given one.

Enrico was informed about the issue, but had no advice.
    After many try outs and testflights, i now think that it is a problem of data communication in between the networks.

Maybe the experts in this forum have any clue about this problem.

Regards Herbert

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345