Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

I want to point that, my house is open for PM team if they want to come in ITALY where i can show all the problems with MCP,CDU and some Flaps indication on GC. The only things i can offer are beds, food an beers!I can't afford to pay them! 'cause i think they aren't cheap!

All welcome to come visit me.

500+ This must be a daytime job JBaymore's Avatar

Johnathan,

Thank you for showing up and attempting to explain PM's position on all this stuff. I was HOPING that if I approached what I said here correctly that SOMEONE form PM would finally show up in an online PM forum and talk to people.

Your responses were informative.

I have to say here that I really think your lack of having someone in the company officially responsible for monitoring the various online forums that are labeled "Project Magenta", whether you have taken down the "official" one or not, is a really LARGE mistake. People who use your product and people who might use your product are actively reading the information in those online forums. Most do not realize what is "official" and what is not "official". Most expect that PM staff would participate in such forums. I think not controlling that information stream is a big strategic mistake on your company's part.

At Tom Peters (business guru) says, "Perception is the only reality" for the consumer.

Is the monitoring difficult and expensive to do? Yes, absolutely. But I think it is far more expensive to you NOT to do it.

Again... thanks for taking the time to respond here.

best,

...................john

150+ Forum Groupie

>Your responses were informative.

Hi

That is all I wanted to achieve. The rest of your post re forums and our activity in them is not really important. We made a decision with regard to forums some time ago and our position has not changed, I very much doubt it could change now. I'm sorry if it does not fall in line with your expectations.

If you need direct support from PM - support@projectmagenta.com

Regards
    Jonathan Richardson
    Jonathan Richardson

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Mycockpit.org My two cents worth

My two cents worth or what ever it's worth.....

I've got 35 years experience at an international level, dealing with many vendors, manufacturers and sales. I was very successful at what I did. I won't bore you and go into my experience any more then that.

The one thing that I learned real fast and what seemed to be most important..... There are tremendous amount of businesses that are successful and most do it very differently then each other.

My wife and I are avid followers of Tom Peters business philosophy. But even Tom Peters will tell you, although we may not agree with certain business practices there are those that are very successful.

Now let's just talk about dealing with Flight-Sim hobbyist products. I've been working on my project for 6 years and have dealt with many "Flight-Sim hobbyist product manufacturers" and that would include buying Project Magenta software - "Airbus complete package" (about 6 years ago).

First of all, the product has, at least quadrupled in complexity and quality. The support has been absolutely fantastic!!! And, you know what... I know it's going to get even better!!!! The best part of that, it won't cost us one cent more.

Some time ago I had the opportunity to befriend a Level D simulator engineer. Part of his responsibility was to maintain and upgrade the software. On several occasions we discussed the sim software and the reliability factor. I got the impression their software was not reliable at all and the complexity of what was offered to the hobbyist amazed him. So I considered myself quite fortunate to PM Software available to me.

Back to the rest of the "Flight Sim hobbyist product manufacturers".... I've dealt with some vendors that promised the world only to disappoint my fellow builders and myself. Unfortunately there are a few of those out there. Project Magenta is NOT one of those. Are they perfect? By no means, BUT, they strive for it.

Obviously, I'm a proud and satisfied customer of Project Magenta.

Just my two cents...... worth?

And BTW Jonathan, thank you for making time, out of your busy schedule, to take a moment to respond.

500+ This must be a daytime job JBaymore's Avatar

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9935

I rest my case about perceptions.

75+ Posting Member James Twomey's Avatar

Jonathan,

If you are still poking your head around here; thank you for popping in here with a few words.

While I have been a very satisfied "Full Boeing Package" customer for many years now, I must admit that I was getting a little worried about PM when I was no longer seeing the activity levels of the past. So, you posting here to inform us of the goings on, really alleviated any fears of PM that I may have had.

Anyone could book PM to be on-site at their sim.
    Wow, now wouldn’t that be a great time to have the PM team in your sim for a few days!!!!!!! That would call for lots of Pizza and Beer! Oh and lots of flowers for the missus too!

James

150+ Forum Groupie

>While I have been a very satisfied "Full Boeing Package" customer for many years now, I must admit that I was getting a little worried about PM when I was no longer seeing the activity levels of the past. So, you posting here to inform us of the goings on, really alleviated any fears of PM that I may have had.

There is a lot of activity in the background, however I do understand that when something changes it may cause concerns. There is quite a lot planned for both Boeing and Airbus. Indeed there are many updates that have gone through on the Boeing side which hardly anyone mentions or notices. Some of those updates really took a vast amount of work. There is a lot of Airbus work planned, we are just trying to put some things in place to enable us to achieve some of this. And of course we hope to tackle this navdata problem, right now though I don't have further info about that, and Enrico will no doubt be dealing with it when he can.

>Wow, now wouldn’t that be a great time to have the PM team in your sim for a few days!!!!!!! That would call for lots of Pizza and Beer! Oh and lots of flowers for the missus too!

Well that has happened in the past at various peoples sims on a social level. But not for technical work. I'm afraid time is so short that everything is accounted for these days.

Regards
    Jonathan Richardson

James[/QUOTE]
    Jonathan Richardson

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

And here is the proof that they have done it!! http://www.737simguy.com/simfest2003.htm
    Bob Reed

Tnx for the link. Nice to connect some faces to known names.
    Regards Anders Eriksson

www.simcockpit.se

FS9

Jonathon - its good to finally get the facts from the source, so thanks for updating us. All this doomsday theorising here was wearing me out.

Looking at various comments here, together with yours, it's obvious that the key issue is communication. I understand that you guys don't want to monitor forums all day - fair enough - but I suggest you need to replace that with a simple form of mass communication to customers. Even just a bulk 'noreply...' email from PM every month or so to all customers would do. We'd love to hear about the new features you've built in, and, if we know that bugs/issues are ackowledged and in hand then it helps us to be patient and not come up with doomsday theories. That would reassure existing customers and encourage new sales too no doubt
    Nic D'Alessandro
    737NG builder (Hobart, Australia)
    http://simsation.com.au

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast