Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    500+ This must be a daytime job
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

wild guess:

the symulatory prices this topic was about originally ?

Stef
    www.boeing737ng.com

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

LMAO.. Oh yeah. Possibly... ROFL. Sorry Just had a root canal from the dentist.. Maybe they drilled part of my brain by mistake.

Sorry,

Trev

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Westozy View Post
    I forgot that bit, $58 deposit! lol

I just noticed that CP mag used my signature pic on the 'contents' page of the September issue - stoked. I'd be even more stoked if they paid me, three articles now and still no cheques??? I've got TH2Go to buy, 3 lcd monitors etc, etc, etc, Maybe they're going broke! Waiting..............................
    Why aren't they paying you for your writing? They are obviously selling magazines as a result. Now they are using your copyrighted image. I would be asking questions.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!

Powered by FS9 & BOEING

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Hale View Post
    Marius What is this stuff?
    I think that is the price list that was asked for. Folks.. Lets try to keep the posts in the thread on topic.... Please?? I know I am as guilty as anyone for hijacking a thread... I need to try too.....
    Bob Reed

MyCockpit Support Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Boeing Skunk Works View Post
    Why aren't they paying you for your writing? They are obviously selling magazines as a result. Now they are using your copyrighted image. I would be asking questions.
    Not quite right Mike, when I write an article for the magazine, I am selling it to them to publish so they end up owning the pictures that I send. I don't have a problem with that, they now use my radio box pic as a header for all cockpit building articles. I certainly like seeing my pics repeated. The editor asks for more articles but my ideas are drying up. It's harder now that my sim is nearly finished and I'm not building parts for it anymore. I was told by fellow writers Bill Smith and Peter Stark that there would be delays in payments but I'm just starting to get a little bit annoyed!

Bob, the thread hasn't really been hijacked, we're off on a tangent for sure but the original question has been answered a while back, I'm sure Droddis doesn't mind, Droddis?

Gwyn

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!

MyCockpit Support Staff

I got the Mag in the mail The other day. I was stoked to read your article.. Again.. Great Job. It is really fascinating to read your articles. I am sure you will the the $$ someday.

Kudos to you Gwyn, Great looking stuff.
    Cheers Trevor, good feedback like that is worth more than cash anyday.

I figured if I don't write anymore articles at least I'll get a big splash of my sim and more promos of MyCockpit on the pages before I quit! I will write more if something else comes up, three weeks ago I pitched an idea about relating my combat fighter experience which happened yesterday but the editor Dean Bielanowski still hasn't replied yet. I'll write it up anyway while it's fresh in my mind just in case he does decide to reply. Fellow writer Peter Stark is a friend of mine, he lives about 200km south of here. He is an amazing FS PC guru who can tweak anything, his tutorials were fantastic and he was a great asset to CP mag. However, Peter quit CP Mag due to the delays in payments and the lack of replies to his emails. He now writes for PC Pilot. Maybe I should have a look at PC Pilot, I've never seen one.

Gwyn

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go

Marius What is this stuff?
    That is the price list direct from symultory, Just before this thread came up we asked them for a price list funny enough....... then we read this thread

I would love to hear alot more feedback about these guys as they have allot of 'good looking' stuff to offer, but buy the sounds of things they may be just good looking and thats it!

ow well.............

Damien

500+ This must be a daytime job JBaymore's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Westozy View Post
    ..........when I write an article for the magazine, I am selling it to them to publish so they end up owning the pictures that I send.

Gwyn,

Being a visual artist and having published a bit in books and mags myself.......

For magazines, normally your contract gives the magazine "first serial publication rights" only, and they do NOT "own" either the copy OR any photos that you supply............. UNLESS you have signed a contract so stating. And normally, purchasing full use rights to anything costs them a LOT of money.

If they are using your images without your consent, it is copyright infringement. They should be compensating more than your pride at seeing your stuff in print.. THEY are making MONEY off of your work.

And thanks for the red warning flag. I WAS considering writing something for them.

best,

.....................john

MyCockpit Support Staff

Quote Originally Posted by JBaymore View Post
    Gwyn,

Being a visual artist and having published a bit in books and mags myself.......

For magazines, normally your contract gives the magazine "first serial publication rights" only, and they do NOT "own" either the copy OR any photos that you supply............. UNLESS you have signed a contract so stating. And normally, purchasing full use rights to anything costs them a LOT of money.

If they are using your images without your consent, it is copyright infringement. They should be compensating more than your pride at seeing your stuff in print.. THEY are making MONEY off of your work.

And thanks for the red warning flag. I WAS considering writing something for them.

best,

.....................john
    Thanks John,

I have no gripes with CP mag really, I think it's a great read and it's promoting what we do. I find I always get some knowledge from each issue when it arrives, and there's another bonus about writing for them, the subscription fee is waved. If you want to write for them, go for it, my only complaint is the tardiness of the staff. The payment for 2000 words and 10 pics is substantial and well worth the effort.
    If they want to use my pics they are welcome to use them as they wish, it's not a big deal to me. I'll try to plug 'Aerosim Solutions' next time!

Gwyn

Quote Originally Posted by QF6228 View Post
    That is the price list direct from symultory, Just before this thread came up we asked them for a price list funny enough....... then we read this thread

I would love to hear alot more feedback about these guys as they have allot of 'good looking' stuff to offer, but buy the sounds of things they may be just good looking and thats it!

ow well.............

Damien
    Hi,

I have just about the full set of Symulatory gear (didnt get it direct from them although I am placing an order for a missing piece), unfortunately it is in storage at the moment until I move into my new home. Before it went into storage I didnt get chance to set it all up but did have a 'play' with the pedestal and the TQ.
    The interface uses a custom version of FSBus cards but does use the standard FSBus software, once I had got my head round how it works it seems fairly straightforward.
    The panels etc. may not be to everyones taste and I am replacing some of the knobs and switches with more accurate parts. The TQ is an amazing piece of kit.

I'll post some pics once I get moved in a few weeks.
    Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12