B738

Unhappy Touch Screen Issues

Hi Guys,

Just managed to get my 19" LCD Touchscreen and it works extremely well with PM Instructor.

My only issue is some of the boxes appear (e.g. exit screen). When the 3 options appear I can't select any of them unless I use the mouse. Another problem is selecting runways when the boxes appear. Entering letters and numbers from the onscreen keyboard works fine.

I have tried some of the options with the touch software but it seems to be a PM issue.

Hope you can help.

Kind Regards,
    Brad Heller
    www.b738sim.com

150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hi

There will be new build out soon that will certainly help with the touchscreen issues - various changes to the instructor station were made a couple of weeks ago:

More weather pre-set from txt files
    FS situation loading of pre-saved flights
    Navigation with Touchscreen in mind added more - (like returning function) still will require a bit more work to have full touchscreen ease of use, but for touch screen ops it should be a big step forward.

Regards
    Jonathan Richardson
    Jonathan Richardson

B738

Touchscreen Issues

Hi Johnathan,

Good to hear from you guys. Thought you'd dropped off the face of the earth. LOL

I'll look forward to your next releases as I've finally got my sim operational.

Touchscreen Issues

Hi all,

Just a bit of feedback on the most recent build.

I'm using the most current build (84) on a HP Tablet PC (TC1100). It's still a little touchy when it comes to selecting items in the pop-up boxes. The calibration seems to still be off a bit too. Initially, I thought it was a PC calibration problem, but it only happens with the Instructor Station software.

75+ Posting Member

Jonathan,

Since we are on the subject of PM Instructor and Touchscreen functions, I was wondering what the minium requirements are for PM Instructor and PM Systems. Can both be run off a Pen 4 2.8Ghz Laptop? I'm currently using the laptop with the specs I mentioned and had OK results when ruinning PM Inst by itself but when I loaded PM Sys, it slowed down and seems to hang. Would it be adviseable to separate the two programs on 2 different machines?

Thanks
    Chris

Chris Danker
    Brisbane, AUSTRALIA

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdanker View Post
    Jonathan,

Since we are on the subject of PM Instructor and Touchscreen functions, I was wondering what the minium requirements are for PM Instructor and PM Systems. Can both be run off a Pen 4 2.8Ghz Laptop? I'm currently using the laptop with the specs I mentioned and had OK results when ruinning PM Inst by itself but when I loaded PM Sys, it slowed down and seems to hang. Would it be adviseable to separate the two programs on 2 different machines?

Thanks
    Chris
    While my sim was up, I did have PM Instructor & PM Systems running on the same desktop with no problems. Can't recall exactly how fast the desktop is, but certainly not any faster than your laptop. So I don't know if it is 'advisable' but it worked for me

Maurice

B738
    I run PM Instructor and PM Systems on a P4 2.4G with 256MB Ram and they work fine but I'm only running PMSystems in the background with hardware operating it.

Brad.