Quote Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
    Hi Trevor,

how about the CDU?
    Any "BUg Free" version??

Thanks

best rgds

Peter
    Peter CDU = FMC

I do not have Airbus sweet, Just the boeing suite. I use LNAV and VNAV every time I fly.

Best

Trev

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Quote Originally Posted by mauriceb View Post
    As everybody suspects, or is beginning to suspect, there is no such thing unless you are not using all of the CDU functionality (particularly VNAV & LNAV). That's what I think anyway and I would be thrilled to learn I'm wrong on this one.

Maurice
    Maurice..

As I stated. I use LNAV and VNAV every flight I make FMC Build is stable. No issues.

Trev

Agree Maurice... any PM problems I have are always trigerred by CDU bugs. Thats' the core of the issue it seems.
    Nic D'Alessandro
    737NG builder (Hobart, Australia)
    http://simsation.com.au

Hi Trevor,

sorry for dumb question. Just didn´t read your msg well. Think I need a new pair of glasses soon. Hopefully they will not ground me now

BTW which version of navdata are you using with your setup though?
    If old ones, what about online flying?

Best rgds

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Hale View Post
    Peter CDU = FMC

I do not have Airbus sweet, Just the boeing suite. I use LNAV and VNAV every time I fly.

Best

Trev

I honestly couldn't tell you what version I am using, as I am not quite sure how to check it out. I can tell you that for online flying (If I tell CLD that I am going to do a Crowe6 Into KLAS, and he tells me that I need to amend my plan to a CroweX Approach, It doesn't cause many problems)

I just modify the Legs Page on the FMC. I have a complete North America and Europe set of Jepps, so I usually check the charts prior to CLD anyway.

Best.

Trev

I honestly couldn't tell you what version I am using, as I am not quite sure how to check it out. I can tell you that for online flying (If I tell CLD that I am going to do a Crowe6 Into KLAS, and he tells me that I need to amend my plan to a CroweX Approach, It doesn't cause many problems)

I just modify the Legs Page on the FMC. I have a complete North America and Europe set of Jepps, so I usually check the charts prior to CLD anyway.

Best.

Trev

Trev,

That's where I think we differ in saying there are problems or no problems with the FMC (CDU). You say you modify the legs page on the FMC based on the new approach that is required; that also works fine for me (with all the latest builds) and modifying the legs page at anytime does not cause any major problems as far as I can tell (minor problems definitely such as erroneous Top of Descent re-calculations etc..).

But have you tried to select a new approach on the FMC as opposed to manually selecting the waypoints on the legs page? This is where most of the problems occur when modifying a route, & not when modifying the legs page (for me at least).

Thanks,
    Maurice

No I don't think I have ever changed STARS Mid flight, as I have an approved approach from CLD. Although I guess if your en route to a destination and the winds changed suddenly, I could think you would have to amend your flight plan.

I will try that this weekend and let you know what happens. If I crash in a puddle of Residential neighborhoods, or houses I will keep you posted.

When I update the legs page, I have not witnessed any abnormalities to the "STOCK" Altitudes at fixes, again I refer to my charts and amend the altitudes per the approach plate anyway. I guess I never considered that a "BUG" Just a human correction on a computer calculation based on a fictitious weight category of aircraft (737) that I am not flying. My aircraft weighs much less then a 737.

Regards,

Trev

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Tomlin's Avatar

... I guess I never considered that a "BUG" Just a human correction on a computer calculation based on a fictitious weight category of aircraft (737) that I am not flying. My aircraft weighs much less then a 737.

Regards,

Trev
    Another reason why I really hope that they get some more development for the RJ soon enough....I really dont want to buy BGC CDU/MCP for a Lear, but I may have to. BTW, do I HAVE to have the MCP software for the CDU software to work?
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

If you talk to PM I think you can work a deal where if you get the Boeing software (CDU, MCP) once the RJ stuff comes out you can switch. In other words kinda like pre buying and question number 2 is yes. All the functions needed to for the AP to work right are not in FS so if you want to fly the plane with the CDU you will need the MCP for it all to work.
    Bob Reed

No I don't think I have ever changed STARS Mid flight, as I have an approved approach from CLD. Although I guess if your en route to a destination and the winds changed suddenly, I could think you would have to amend your flight plan.

Trev
    I may be wrong on this one, but I think most of the time, real life pilots do not enter a STAR on their FMC until they get closer to destination (real pilots, please jump in here . If that is the case, adding a STAR by adding its waypoints would be very cumbersome at best when the functionality exists to just add the STAR at anytime (assuming that works properly of course).

Anyway, would be nice to know if your current builds lets you do that without any problems either.

Thanks,
    Maurice