Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Microsoft FSX UK Home Cockpit Builder

Hi All, here is my hello page. I am a UK based home PC flyer. Not a real pilot, just a part time flyer with my head in the clouds. Spend most of my time in GA aircraft or heli's.

My 'home cockpit' has had a few itterations, nothing too solid however. I would love an enclosed cockpit, and got close to buying a crashed GA aircraft once on ebay to build into. Sadly my house does not have space for anything that grand, so now designing something a lot more low key.

I have finally purchased a new graphics card, and with FSX SP1 I can actually fly with smooth frame rates. I now have 2 monitors after work threw out an old 19in CRT. Now I am just in the process of planning a way to make a 'desktop' cockpit panel to house my 2 go flight modules and host the monitors without just stacking them on the PC.

A screenshot of my current setup is below. Hoping to get some ideas from the photo's around the site and to reach for a saw and some wood soon...

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

Hey Magicaldr! Looks like you have a cockpit to me. And I know how that is. Once you dark down the dark path... Forever keep you it will!! Welcome and take a look at what others have done who have liited space! There is still a lot that can be done.
    Bob Reed

MyCockpit Support Staff

Welcome aboard MyCockpit...do it, build the enclosure! It doubles the simulation!

Regards Gwyn

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!

Thanks for the welcome, so rare to find 'active' cockpit sites Still I can already see the wife heading for the appropriate area of the site to post her woes at her mad husband...

One day I will get the enclosure, but for now I live with my helmet which adds a lot of immersion. I just wish it fitted better, so watching ebay for an extra large one.

Playing around this evening with the monitors it actually works better to allow the lower one to overlap the CRT. That way I can lean up and look over the instruments, all without a trackir. (Also on my 'wanted' list)

25+ Posting Member

Welcome to the fold. Nice setup you have there. Im building a single seat enclosure in a 2 bed flat. My sim room is 3mx4m, tight but doable. You can see in the gallery section.
    I've also put my bottom monitor slightly overlapping my "outside view" for the same reasons as you, works well I'd agree.
    I'd strongly recommend a trackir if you only have one outside view. I can fly really good patterns now that i have one.
    Keep up the work and report back when you can. Good luck.

Bill.
    My setup:
    pc 1: MSI K9NSli, onboard sound and lan, LC AMD 6400X2, 4096mb corsair 800ddr2, Pcie 7600GT with 32" lcd@1360x768
    pc 2:Asus mobo, onboard sound and lan, Athlon xp2800, 1.5gb pc4200, agp 4200Ti and 10.4" touchscreen lcd@1024x768
    pc 3:generic mobo, Athlon xp2400, 1gb 133 ram, agp Radeon 9200, pci Radeon 9250 with dual psone vga lcds @768x576
    Cougar, f16u, 7.1 sound, 4.1 sound, Trackir 4pro and vrf tfs seat pack.

Re: UK Home Cockpit Builder

Heelo Guys
    I am based in Southampton UK and have two aircraft seats prpbably from a sea king helicoptor - nice things - anyone want to buy them? 07961 741080
    richard.hazelgrove@gmail.com