Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Wideview stuttering

I'm trying the wideview program from www.wideview.it

Everythings working great but I can't seem to make the stuttering go away on the client PC. When I get into the air it goes away but when I'm on land it stutters kinda bad.

I've read about this glitch before. I believe it involves the pilot eye point, and the glitch is the result of both eye points being the same. I assume you are using the VC view? I think the fix was to SLIGHTLY alter the viewpoint in one of the aircraft cfg file. This is from a slightly skewed memory, maybe a search on some of the other forums would clarify. User assumes all repsonsiblitly. Don't forget to back up your cfg file.

Quote Originally Posted by ak49er View Post
    I've read about this glitch before. I believe it involves the pilot eye point, and the glitch is the result of both eye points being the same. I assume you are using the VC view? I think the fix was to SLIGHTLY alter the viewpoint in one of the aircraft cfg file. This is from a slightly skewed memory, maybe a search on some of the other forums would clarify. User assumes all repsonsiblitly. Don't forget to back up your cfg file.
    Nope I'm using the cockpit view. But I did get it to work though. On the server PC I was using the PMDG 747/ On the client PC I was using the same jet and the stutters occured. So on the client PC I downgraded to the default 737 and its stutter free so to speak. The taxi lights stutter as I go down the runway but I just attribute that to the aircraft vibrating as its speeding down the runway

Thank you for your help though.

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

Been a while since I played with the setup of WideView but if I recall you do not have to use the same AC on the clients. In fact I think they recommend the 172. Here is one shot of the WideView setup I have put together http://www.mycockpit.org/photopost/s....php?photo=333 And no unfortuneitly this is not my setup. There are more pics of it in the gallery.
    Bob Reed

I was going to do what Gwyn was doing. Just use 1 PC for all of the views but I find it better using an extra PC for instruments and have the main PC just for visuals. I've got some addons like Ultimate Terrain USA, Ultimate Night Lighting 2007, and I have World of AI installed. These addons kinda bog the system down if I try and run everything off of 1 computer so I decided to try out wideview and so far I'm liking the idea.