Thread: PM Airbus questions
06-20-2007, 07:31 AM #1
- Join Date
- Jun 2007
PM Airbus questions
I still have few questions. I'm using A320 GC, FCU anf MCDU with newest updates.
Almost everything seems to be perfect. Still wanted to ask :
1. In FS2004 with PM airbus FCUpanel the altimeter setting is typically 29.91 and
in my PM PFD the setting is 29.92! Is this a bug or how is this possible?
2. How to set throttle gates without MCDU? I would like to change those gates via my
Microsoft sidewinder joystick. Keyboard would be also ok!
3. When I enter the route to MCDU those TOD and TOC points are there already. Should they
be calculated by flight computer after entering complete route to MCDU and after I set ZFW?
Markus Makela and OH-LXD
06-20-2007, 12:37 PM #2
there are still many small issues in PM airbus ... but it is progressing...
the QNH problem I think is due to a rounding which is done different in the FCU
, the FCU panel and the PFD.
the gates you can assign in the FCU window itself, open the FCU, go with the mouse to the left upper corner and the word OPTION will appear, click it and then you see a menu in which the settings for the throttle can be set
The TOD and TOC are still among those issues open ....
Greetz Peter Depoortere
PS : can you confirm to me the FCU270 has a working open descent mode
in my sim this does not work... I expect throttle to go idle but at around
40% N! the throttle goes back to about 50% and is oscilating in between
those two values but the plane descends very slowly
06-21-2007, 05:35 AM #3
- Join Date
- Jun 2007
I'm new to the forum but have been using Airbus PM software for almost two years now.
I find, as Peter mentioned below, there are several small issues, especially with the FCU that need to be fixed.
In the latest build I reported some problems to Enrico:
- open descent does work for me but sometimes does an early ALT* i.e. captures a height above the one selected in the FCU, sometimes, reverts straight away to open descent and goes to the right alt, sometimes not.
- FLEX power is calculated too low, lower than climb power, resulting in a hairy take-off!
- Fly-By-Wire is not working properly, it seems to suddenly enable itself and then disable again. Often will not hold pitch attitude i.e. constant input needed from joystick to hold correct pitch.
- FD lags behind AP - when AP1 enabled with selected lateral guidance, if I command a turn to a new heading, the vertical FD needle lags and onnly catches up when rolling level again i.e. the AP and FD do not agree!
- Rollbar on take-off and landing either does not work or disappears completely!
Enrico is looking into them.
By coppermasonry in forum General Builder Questions All Aircraft TypesReplies: 2Last Post: 07-10-2009, 11:06 PM
By togi737 in forum General Builder Questions All Aircraft TypesReplies: 1Last Post: 03-16-2009, 02:52 PM
By Buddym in forum Dodiano's Airbus ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 03-11-2009, 03:34 PM
By orwell84 in forum General Builder Questions All Aircraft TypesReplies: 2Last Post: 06-21-2008, 11:18 AM
By dodiano in forum Dodiano's Airbus ForumReplies: 9Last Post: 11-14-2005, 11:12 PM