1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor AndyT's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Angry Fricken, Frappen, Flocken Floot!

Can someone PLEASE explain WHY I have to login for each and every little different section of the site? I can pop in and read the home page and it has my ID cookie no problem. But if I want to do anything else I have to login again and AGAIN. Its getting really annoying.....
    God's in command, I'm just the Pilot.
    http://www.geocities.com/andytulenko/

Mycockpit.org

Andy

Not sure why you are having this issue unless you dont have save used name and password checked.

The Home page and Forum are 2 different sites in a matter of speaking. Like most web sites you have to login to post, no different here. The Classifieds and Photo Gallery are another external program. The password here should allow you to post if you are logged in.

If you have recently deleted you cookies like I did the other day you will have to login to post. However you should not need to login to view. Now it won't tell you what you have viewed unless you are logged in.

I hope this help's with the understanding how the site works. There may be something I am not aware of that Dave can step in and comment.

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor AndyT's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by W9XE/Project777 View Post
    The Home page and Forum are 2 different sites in a matter of speaking. Like most web sites you have to login to post, no different here. The Classifieds and Photo Gallery are another external program.

This pretty much answers the question. The site is made up of 3 different sites linked together and each one has its own cookie protocols. So I need to log in 3 times if I want to do everything I can do. Any chance our resident Guru can put the site together in such a way as to only need the one login? I know it can be done the question is how difficult would it be.
    God's in command, I'm just the Pilot.
    http://www.geocities.com/andytulenko/

Mycockpit.org

Andy

Actually, I don't believe it can be done. I so I would have had it that way a long time ago.

There is suppose to be auto linking between Classifieds, Gallery and the forum. There are 2 different software manufactures between Class, Gallery and the forum. The main web site is vBulletin Advanced and the forum is vBulletin. Classifieds and Gallery is by PhotoPost. There is a bridge between vBulletin and PhotoPost so you should only need to sign in once at each login and mark save the password. Then you can go all through the site and post without having to keep loggin in. Just remember deleting your cookies will require a login again.

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

It is seamless for me. Never had any trouble like that.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!