Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    MyCockpit Support Staff

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Quote Originally Posted by Boeing Skunk Works View Post
    Gywn, I may be needing a Bendix WX radar display panel bezel. Seems Nick at APHS can't hook me up with this radar display either. He claims it was only installed in third-party aircraft or private 727's.

BS. This was a standard Bendix WX display in most of the Boeing fleet and airlines ordered them by the dozen for a certain time frame.

I can give dimensions if you need them as this radar display is hard to find measurments for and is not found on many remaining 727's. Most have been upgraded with more sophisticated WX.
    Do you have pics and dimensions?

Gwyn

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

Hi Gwyn, here it is:

This is the type that is modeled in the Dreamfleet 727 using the Reality XP WX Radar.

I'm not in any hurry for it, just something for the near future. I'll send or post dimensions when I figure them out.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!

Powered by FS9 & BOEING

MyCockpit Support Staff

I could make that for you easy Mike when you have the dimensions.

Gwyn

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!

150+ Forum Groupie

Mycockpit.org

Quote Originally Posted by Boeing Skunk Works View Post
    ...I know you are also a member at the FDS forum as I am. I don't post much there anymore because of percieved attutudes at that site.

I'm not one of the "elite" in crowd because I don't use their products. They don't build anything for my aircraft, but I still enjoy the posting and help when I'm not chastised for doing so from the owners.

I think FDS needs to remember that they are there for you and not the other way around.
    I really couldn't agree more. I asked a simple question about a year ago and got such an incredibly rude and ellitist response, I couldn't let it pass. Next thing it seemed like the entire Forum was on me like a pack of lions. ThenI got a warning from P. Cos and was subsequently banned from the forum.

Considering that I am in fact a commercially rated pilot, I took quite a bit of offense myself, especially as some of the comments implied I didn't know what I was talking about, and were probably from non-commercially rated pilots.

I still visit their site on the grounds that they are about the only provider that makes panels for the aircraft I'm interested in. However, after a year, I'm still questioning whether I want to spend any money with them, especially a sizeable chunk. Admittedly it wasn't really FDS so much as the people on their forum, but it reflected badly on the company in my eyes.

Now that Level D have released 767 for FSX, I'm going to look how much it is to get a precision panel cut and etched for backlighting effects. If it works out reasonable I will consider this as a sideline, although won't be quitting my day job for a while yet.
    VANCOUVER
    Jet fighter / single pilot sim, plus thinking of a 777 as a secondary sim.

75+ Posting Member

Smile

use engravity panels the best by far ,i had to redrill the fds ones to fit the real overhead dzus rails,engravity fit smack on,

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paul G View Post
    I really couldn't agree more. I asked a simple question about a year ago and got such an incredibly rude and ellitist response, I couldn't let it pass. Next thing it seemed like the entire Forum was on me like a pack of lions. ThenI got a warning from P. Cos and was subsequently banned from the forum.

Yes, it doesn't take long for a feeding frenzy to start over there.

I too am a commercially rated pilot, and some of the BS I read over there from time to time boggles the mind.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!