Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

My experience with FDS MCP IBL is great! Backlighting is perfect and awesome!

I think for realism FDS and Engravity at the moment are the best choice.

Also i'm struggling myself what i will go, as i have not saw any EBL(Engravity panel).

What you guys that have EBL panels how are they in comparison to FDS?

Have i to go at one show to see how are they each other?! (I don't think Engravity sends sample panel alone)

150+ Forum Groupie

Project Magenta

I should probably be specific. I'm looking to build a 767 modelling after the Level D one. So that significantly reduces the choices. I know FDS have one, well two. A really cheap one at $300 and a very expensive one at $800. However the expensive one is metal faced and will look incredible.

Any other company do panels other than 737NG, e.g. 7X7 or A3X0?
    VANCOUVER
    Jet fighter / single pilot sim, plus thinking of a 777 as a secondary sim.

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

No matter what you decide, I urge you to consider all your possibilities carefully.

This is a very important decision on your part, and I would hate to see you disappointed.

Good luck on your journey!

500+ This must be a daytime job

Quote Originally Posted by dcutugno View Post
    EBL(Engravity panel).

just to set a very small thing straight its EPB for us...not EBL.....(never know what confusion this can bring.)
    www.boeing737ng.com

Administrator

Mycockpit.org

Paul:

If the 767 is the project build you really only have one choice with FDS. You will need to email Peter and ask about the $299.00 MIP. This is the older Elite Series and I dont think they are available for purchase anymore. He has been deleting items not supported anymore and this may have been missed.

The one thing I found out in this hobby is you will have to be really patient to wait on parts availability. I had planned on a 717 at first but PM would not support so I switched to the 777. Been waiting 3 years for quality parts to become avaliable. Only FDS makes any 777 sim parts and I have to wait till there in the 777 builds before I can place an order. Getting closer and it looks like this year will be the year for me.

Many builders are now switching over to 737 because there is at least 3 plus companys making 737 parts. Just this pass weekend I heard of 2 really series 777 builders switching to 737 cause they can get parts.

Sometimes I think maybe the 737 woundn't be a bad choice since there is some nice suff out there. Then I get back to reallity and say stick with it, be patient, build what you want. In the mean time my Paypal account keeps growing

MyCockpit Support Staff

Quote Originally Posted by W9XE/Project777 View Post
    Paul:

If the 767 is the project build you really only have one choice with FDS. You will need to email Peter and ask about the $299.00 MIP. This is the older Elite Series and I dont think they are available for purchase anymore. He has been deleting items not supported anymore and this may have been missed.

The one thing I found out in this hobby is you will have to be really patient to wait on parts availability. I had planned on a 717 at first but PM would not support so I switched to the 777. Been waiting 3 years for quality parts to become avaliable. Only FDS makes any 777 sim parts and I have to wait till there in the 777 builds before I can place an order. Getting closer and it looks like this year will be the year for me.

Many builders are now switching over to 737 because there is at least 3 plus companys making 737 parts. Just this pass weekend I heard of 2 really series 777 builders switching to 737 cause they can get parts.

Sometimes I think maybe the 737 woundn't be a bad choice since there is some nice suff out there. Then I get back to reallity and say stick with it, be patient, build what you want. In the mean time my Paypal account keeps growing
    Just tell me what you need in January Larry/Paul, this is where I think "Aerosim Solutions" can fit in. MIPs & throttle quads...easy!

Gwyn

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul G View Post
    FDS are in Canada aren't they?
    They sure are. And their prices are more than competitive, especially considering the quality of their products. Just visit their website and you'll see for yourself.

Maurice

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

Gywn, I may be needing a Bendix WX radar display panel bezel. Seems Nick at APHS can't hook me up with this radar display either. He claims it was only installed in third-party aircraft or private 727's.

BS. This was a standard Bendix WX display in most of the Boeing fleet and airlines ordered them by the dozen for a certain time frame.

I can give dimensions if you need them as this radar display is hard to find measurments for and is not found on many remaining 727's. Most have been upgraded with more sophisticated WX.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!