Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MyCockpit Support Staff

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Quote Originally Posted by bindook View Post
    Hi Bas,
    i'm using a kodak proj, about 5yrs old but works great. the projector sits on a desk in front of the mirror, no angle.

Its a special mirror foil, i get a image of about 2.2m wide.

Michael
    Good point, when I was using a glass mirror I had visible ghosting in the image. What is the mirror foil stuff Michael? I don't bounce project anymore but it would be good info for everyone.
    Gwyn

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!

10+ Posting Member

Can someone please explain to me, how to get an image width that big with only 1.5m ?

I would really like to know, because all the projectors I try on projectorcentral.com with their "Projection Calculator Pro" dont give me those specs.

I have a 1.4m throw distance and I would like to get a 2m image.

I tried something a little radical this weekend. I took the screens out of a 65" DLP big screen TV and cut them down to fit my windscreen... about 42"x32". This totally encloses my cockpit now. I then have my overhead projector hitting a mirror in front of me and reflecting back onto the "new" cockpit windows. Here is a small video [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssGrjTIAzAc"]YouTube - Testing New Cockpit Wind Screen[/ame] showing a couple of take offs and landings with the test windscreen. In the video it appears to have a major hot spot but I don't see that from the cockpit. Not sure why the camera picks that up. Also, the stuttering is the recording web cam. You can see that even I stutter in the video as well to prove that it's the cam and not the display frame rate. Biggest bitch is that the display is a little fuzzy out toward the outer edges, not sure why or how to correct.

Anyway, I have not seen anyone trying to make cockpit windows out of old big screen tv screens so I thought I'd try it.
    Lyle Kirgan
    B737NG SSTD Owner

150+ Forum Groupie

Bas,
    the height of the image i get is about 1.5m. the image projected onto the mirror is only about .5mt x .5mt

Michael
    A320 Home Simulator LHA435
    - P3dv4.5 - i7 - GTX970 - Fly Elise - ASN - Black Marble

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12