Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air Craft

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hi NicD.. Could you tell me what you did?
    Bob Reed

MyCockpit Support Staff

The real 737NG pilot who flys my sim and also has his own PMDG set up said the real plane does not sink as much in turns. PMDG is not THAT bad just a little bit of extra pitch up required in turns. Whoispankaj, did you get the right Kittyhawk? Westwind's Kittyhawk has a great airfile and I used it all the time before PMDG came along. My 737 pilot mate gave it the thumbs up too. It's a shame that PMDG don't respond to emails with constructive criticism. They never replied to me on several occasions and it seems they have little interest in the needs of cockpit builders. Nic, I am also interested in your airfile tweeking, how does it go?

Gwyn

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!

Guys - I'll get the exact settings tomorrow for the tweaks, but the main one two in the aircraft.cfg are:

[flight_tuning]
    pitch_stability=1.500
    elevator_effectiveness=1.300

In fact you can ramp up both of these to around 3.000 to start with and then bump them back a bit (one at a time) until you're happy with the control feel.

Note that the higher your pitch stability is the less effective your elevator will be. But by making both of them higher you reduce the loss of pitch attitude from changes in roll, yaw and thrust.

(I just wish MS would bite the bullet and ditch the current terrible aerodynamic engine .. FS11 should be much more like xPlane!)
    Nic D'Alessandro
    737NG builder (Hobart, Australia)
    http://simsation.com.au

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12