Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Boeing start sequence

Hi Folks,

I am trying to get my FDS cards working with PM 777 to simulate my ERJ 145-
    Mad enough? Can someone please explain to me the Boeing start switch positions in PM?

I have (hardware) Off- Run - Start, but cant work out the Norm, Start etc on the various Boeing models I find.

Also - where is the Ignition? I have Off - Auto - On

Thanks from a brain worn out ERJ builder!
    Paul

Project ERJ 145
    www.erj145sim.net

Hello,

i can't understant your question, where is the problem? Do you use PMSystems?

I'm flying 737NG, i don't know about 777
    For the stratup you need to have electric power, fuel and bleed.
    So first startup APU to give you both electric power and bleed, then give the bleed to the engines. The ignition must be on GRD, the N1 spool up and ~at N25 you have to open the fuel valve from throttle.

It's not so simple..... Do you have PMDG? They have some tutorial manuals there.

Regards

Eddie

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulEMB View Post
    Hi Folks,

I am trying to get my FDS cards working with PM 777 to simulate my ERJ 145-
    Mad enough? Can someone please explain to me the Boeing start switch positions in PM?

I have (hardware) Off- Run - Start, but cant work out the Norm, Start etc on the various Boeing models I find.

Also - where is the Ignition? I have Off - Auto - On

Thanks from a brain worn out ERJ builder!
    Paul, I am in the same Boat, I have been using the 737 Overhead for my Dassault Falcon 900. I had to modify the PMsystems file that have a 3rs engine start switch.

I heard through the grapevine that Thomas Richter is working on an ERJ Overhead panel that we will both benefit from. I don't know how long we will have to wait, but it should be just what the doctor ordered.

Try not to get too stressed. Just take comfort knowing that help is on the way. (One Day) LOL

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

Hey Paul. I too am a 737 driver so I am afraid I have had no luck trying to get a 777 running. We need a 777 driver like Steve Becker to jump in here.
    Bob Reed

Pm Sys

Thanks guys,

Well the weekend is here, so I have some time to experiment.

I have all PM products PMRJ and Boeing CDU & MCP plus PM systems and Instructor station.

I have FDS panels and hardware, and now the SYS cards for interfacing, with the FDS G1 for the glare setup.

As Trevor (and a lot of other builders who dont have the "Big 2") says, the art is compromise, and trying to make the best of what is commercially available.

I know from talking with Enrico an ERJ release is planned, which will have full functionality for the Honeywell systems found in many regional jets, but this has no planned release date (Like FSX SP1!).

In the meantime, its either build, or try to adapt what is available to fly.

I spent most of last year with a collection of nice looking MDF tubes and boxes, but without being able to use them, before deciding to go for it and use the ERJ FCU with the PM 737 MCP.
    After wrestling with adapting wiring diagrams, and getting ideas from P Cos, I ended up with a flyable autopilot, even though the legends on the buttons sometimes dont match the function.

I am using the Feelthere 145 flight model with no panels, so everthing is on when I start up the saved flight, and I cant change it - so the overhead will give me a few more possibilities ( and it looks great , but the question is how to make it work!!!

The default PM Systems 737 was my first choice, but is is the same case as the Glare - you physically have less switches than the logic/ graphic, so some things don't work as they should.

The 777 looks closer to the ERJ (more default AUTO systems), but the logic looks like chinese to me at present - I recall from ancient times some MSDOS, but - jeez - after a weeks work, how much can an old guys brain cope with?

I will work out by trial and error the switch positions, and report back - meantime thanks again for the suggestions.
    Paul

Project ERJ 145
    www.erj145sim.net