10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

PM Systems and FSX

Hello all,

I wrote PM support concerning a problem that I have been having with using PM systems to start the default Boeing 737-800 via PM systems in FSX. Using the same start sequence that gets things running from cold and dark with FS9 does not get me operational in FSX. Thomas told me that there have been some threads that address modification to the panel.cfg files, but I ran several searches on the forum and had no luck.

Has anyone run into this problem, and if so is there some information out there on how to mod the config files so that the new Boeing 737-800 respond properly to PM Systems?

Thanks for the assist!

Chris

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by cdjung View Post
    Has anyone run into this problem, and if so is there some information out there on how to mod the config files so that the new Boeing 737-800 respond properly to PM Systems?
    The only problem I found with the FSX 738 is that you have to introduce the fuel (i.e. operate the start lever) much earlier than is correct -- 15-18% N2 instead of 20-25%. If you leave it till the correct time it doesn't start and spools down again.

This seems to apply to other models (from FS9) I've tried too, so it may be something inside FSX rather than a simple parameter change. Maybe Thomas might know how to overcome it.

What specific problems have you found, if not the above one? You aren't using the default FSX panel are you? There seems to be a lot wrong with that.

Regards

Pete

10+ Posting Member

Pete,

We're away with the folks for Mother's day so I can't experiment at the moment. I'll try what you suggest and let you know if that does the trick. Thanks!

Chris

10+ Posting Member

Peter,

I had some time this evening to try the start up process with PM Systems and FSX (Default Boeing 737-800). When I switch the ignition on either engine one or two I get a flash in the EICAS showing that the start valve is open but it goes out almost instantly. There is no buildup of RPM on N2 and the only way I can get it started is to use the engine start key command for engine 1 and 2 (I have these assigned as switches on a go flight module... it also indicates a flickering LED on the start switch indicating that communications are being made to initiate the command but the start switch is not staying active). Once I get N2 over 20% by using the assigned go flight button then I press the engine cut switch to move from the cutoff position to idle and the engines fire normally. PM Systems appears to be functioning in all other respects, and I see proper state changes communicating with FSX when flipping switches. (No hardware at the moment, just using the software interface). Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanks!

Sincerely,
    Chris

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by cdjung View Post
    Please let me know if you need any additional information.
    It must be something in the 737 PMsystems logics you are using, or the air file needs patching. Thomas is the person to ask. Best send the questions to PM support. Apart from the low N2% the default 738 seems okay here WITHOUT pmSystems, but that difference may well conflict with values the logic in pmSystems is using.

My pmSystems-euipped 737 cockpit uses a modified PMDG 737/8 air file Thomas sorted out for me long ago and which I ported along to FSX along with the model and texture files.

Regards

Pete