Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Pictures of my T-38C

Here are some pictures of where I am with my T-38C cockpit. It may not look like much. LOL But, believe me, a lot has been done and a WHOLE lot more has to be done. I ran out of picture space for the post, so if you what to see more or detail shots, let me know.

John
    Attached Images Attached Images

25+ Posting Member

John that looks fantastic. I'd like to see more please.Especially the stick. I think I might want to copy that if you don't mind. My cougar shaft extension is only temporary and it really stinks. What software do you use? How long have you been building?
    Bill.
    My setup:
    pc 1: MSI K9NSli, onboard sound and lan, LC AMD 6400X2, 4096mb corsair 800ddr2, Pcie 7600GT with 32" lcd@1360x768
    pc 2:Asus mobo, onboard sound and lan, Athlon xp2800, 1.5gb pc4200, agp 4200Ti and 10.4" touchscreen lcd@1024x768
    pc 3:generic mobo, Athlon xp2400, 1gb 133 ram, agp Radeon 9200, pci Radeon 9250 with dual psone vga lcds @768x576
    Cougar, f16u, 7.1 sound, 4.1 sound, Trackir 4pro and vrf tfs seat pack.

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

Great work Jim and thanks for the photos. Your sim looks like it's coming along nicely.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!

Powered by FS9 & BOEING

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

Hey Jim real nice! You can post all the pics you want in the gallery! So, post away!
    Bob Reed

Quote Originally Posted by wollo View Post
    John that looks fantastic. I'd like to see more please.Especially the stick. I think I might want to copy that if you don't mind. My cougar shaft extension is only temporary and it really stinks. What software do you use? How long have you been building?
    Bill.
    Feel free to use the control stick set up, Bill. There is nothing patented on it. LOL The cylinder that controls the pitch contains two springs with a center piston. Let me know if you need more information.

I currently use FS9. I have FSx but get a better sim experience from FS9. I am sure I will eventually migrate over to FSx.

I have been building it for over two years. However, I did nothing for a year, while doing remodeling projects.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Reed View Post
    Hey Jim real nice! You can post all the pics you want in the gallery! So, post away!
    Thanks for the heads up Bob.

John

25+ Posting Member

Thumbs up

John,
    what did you take the cylinder from? Post some more pictures when you have the time. From all angles and up close if you could. Whats the stickmade of? It's great to have another single seater aboard.

Bill.
    Last edited by wollo; 04-29-2007 at 05:29 PM. Reason: spelling and more questions
    My setup:
    pc 1: MSI K9NSli, onboard sound and lan, LC AMD 6400X2, 4096mb corsair 800ddr2, Pcie 7600GT with 32" lcd@1360x768
    pc 2:Asus mobo, onboard sound and lan, Athlon xp2800, 1.5gb pc4200, agp 4200Ti and 10.4" touchscreen lcd@1024x768
    pc 3:generic mobo, Athlon xp2400, 1gb 133 ram, agp Radeon 9200, pci Radeon 9250 with dual psone vga lcds @768x576

More control stick pictures

The pitch cylinder is made from a section of 1" O.D. thin wall electrical tubing. I machined two plugs for the ends. The front one is made from a 1" nylon rod machined to fit the ID of the tubing with a shoulder to stop it from moving inward. The rear plug was sized lengthwise to slightly compress the springs. It is threaded to hold the rear mount turnbuckle. Set screws hold both ends securely onto the tubing.

The roll is controlled by the pulley set up that goes to the springs. This is adjustable by tightening the turnbuckles and changing springs. When the stick is moved to the side and let go it goes back to center. However, since I have not tested it in actual flight, I can’t tell just how easily it will return to center position. I am thinking of putting idler pulleys with an adjustment to further control tightness, if it is needed.

I have enclosed some more pictures. I had taken pictures of each step alone the way, including the pitch cylinder taken apart. However, they got lost in a hard drive crash. I thought I had backed everything up. However, I could only find pictures of earlier test cylinders. (Go figure) The one you see being used is the third version. So, I have included a picture from one of the earlier test rigs.

John
    Attached Images Attached Images

25+ Posting Member

excellent work. Thats something i'm going to try real soon. I may well be looking for more info later if you don't mind.
    My setup:

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Quite impressive Jim, nice of you to share you're quality workmanship with the rest of us

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast