25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hello from India

Hi Pilots,

My name is Pankaj and am from India...I have been into the Flight simulator for the past 6 months and am doing flying on the desktop sim...Unfortunately in India there is hardly any craze for flight simming and hence the lack of hardware and other stuff ..But i do intend to start up slowly and steadily with the cockpit building for 737 NG.Well , for now, am keeping tabs on this and other forums on building home cockpits.I liked this site as i found this site to contain much more information and knowledgeable and passionate people like you all.So the time has come for me to put my engineering knowledge to use..
    Time to pick the drafter and Engineering drawing..Looking forward I see the Flight sim community growing stronger....Anyways once again "Namaste" from me to all of you and looking forward to your co-operation and help in building up my dream....

Pankaj

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Namasté or Namaskar (नमस्ते [nʌmʌsˈteː] in Nepali and Hindi (from internal sandhi between namaḥ and te) is an Indian greeting or parting phrase as well as a gesture.
    Taken literally, it means "I bow to you". The word is derived from Sanskrit (namas): to bow, obeisance, reverential salutation, and (te): "to you" [1].
    When spoken to another person, it is commonly accompanied by a slight bow made with hands pressed together, palms touching and fingers pointed upwards, in front of the chest. The gesture can also be performed wordlessly and carry the same meaning.

Welcome to Mycockpit.org.

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

Hello Pankaj. Now you are in trouble! You are officially in the "Nut" farm! Building a sim is as hard or easy as you make it. Remember there are always compromises to be made. The cost, difficulty and realization of a dream all depend on how you set your mind to start. Understand that there will be compromises and they won't disappoint you when you have to make them. Think you can do it without any and you are in for a long unhappy haul!
    Bob Reed

Quote Originally Posted by whoispankaj View Post
    Hi Pilots,

My name is Pankaj and am from India...I have been into the Flight simulator for the past 6 months and am doing flying on the desktop sim...Unfortunately in India there is hardly any craze for flight simming and hence the lack of hardware and other stuff ..But i do intend to start up slowly and steadily with the cockpit building for 737 NG.Well , for now, am keeping tabs on this and other forums on building home cockpits.I liked this site as i found this site to contain much more information and knowledgeable and passionate people like you all.So the time has come for me to put my engineering knowledge to use..
    Time to pick the drafter and Engineering drawing..Looking forward I see the Flight sim community growing stronger....Anyways once again "Namaste" from me to all of you and looking forward to your co-operation and help in building up my dream....

Pankaj
    "Namaste"
    AH! Same to you
    http://www.thefreeemoticons.info/images/flags/smilies0949.gif

75+ Posting Member

Welcome Pankaj
    I'm fairly new myself. The people here are very friendly and eagar to offer any assistance.I used to have an Indian doctor here in Australia who was right into Flight Simming infact he was on the beta tester's role when FS2004 first came out. I even bought my first set of rudder pedals from him when he upgraded.
    Paul

25+ Posting Member

Thank you guys...I understand the complexity of building the sim and am prepared for it...I know its going to take years...And I am planning to build it incrementally..So may be i wanna build each component as realistic as possible to avoid for any immediate upgrade...Searching the forums it seems to me that MCP should be the first one to target and then go with MIP...

Thanks Once again....

Pankaj

25+ Posting Member

Hello.
    I think first should be pedestal (radio stack).
    You can use it in standard FS aircraft or in any Payware.
    You don't need additional software like Project Magenta.
    Second step should be MCP and MIP. If You wan't to fly RNAV also FMC is necessary. At this part You need additional software (software interface for PMDG, Project Magenta or any other free cockpit solution).
    Best regards from Poland
    Marek

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

Hi Pankaj, welcome to the site.

I started building a few panels to sit around on the desktop. The next thing I knew I had the whole 727 overhead hanging above me.

Then it was going to be just a simple crude three engine throttle. Just a cover really for the Thrustmaster TQS I had been using. Now I'm sitting next to a full center control stand with a Boeing 727 throttle mounted atop.

I thought I'd be satisfied with a CH yoke. That didn't last long. Nooooo...now it had to be the real thing. Beats the heck out of a CH yoke though. Can't be seen flying a CH yoke with real Boeing equipment sitting around you.

I never had plans on building a MIP. Steam guages, irregularly spaced and aligned instrument holes, indicators everywhere and in the way of the holes for monitor placement, people thinking I'm nuts for building a 727 with no software support, no navigation instruments available, etc., etc.

Now look what I've gotten myself into.

It's an addiction I tell ya. There is no known cure unless you get an airline job, and that only alleviates the symptoms. It will always be in your blood.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!