Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level learjet's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mycockpit.org I Need Info/help To Build Learjet-45 Cockpit

HI, MI NAME IS MIGUEL AND I'M A NEW MEMBER IN THIS FORUM. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IF SOMEONE OUT THERE CAN PROVIDE ME SOME INFO ON HOW TO BUILD TWIN ENGINE THROTTLES FOR A LEARJET-45, ALSO A LANDING GEAR LEVER ETC.

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Hi Miguel,

First off I would like to welcome you to Mycockpit.org.

I would ask though that you try not to use all caps in your posts.

First thing is first, you would like to build a lear 45.. Your first step is to plan how you want it to work. Single seat/ Duel seat. How much room do you have?

There is no way to just tell you how to do it. Have a look around the gallery at everyone's photo's. Find out what level you would like to build at. Maybe you would like a fully enclosed device, or just a couple modifications to your curent setup.

we will help you along the way with your questions.

Best regards,

Trev

I don't know if this will help or not but try this link for some shots of a home built throttle. It's not exact but it does look like it is well done. The builder didn't provide drawings. http://www.excitingsimulations.com/c...tle_system.htm

Also, I have a drawing I found somewhere from the company that builds the real ones (Adams Rite Areospace) that I would be glad to send to you. It is the overall drawing and not the individual parts but from it I'm sure one could exactly duplicate it's looks. It is too large to post...about 1.5 meg. Give me your address and I'll email it to you.

TerryM

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level learjet's Avatar

Mycockpit.org thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    I don't know if this will help or not but try this link for some shots of a home built throttle. It's not exact but it does look like it is well done. The builder didn't provide drawings. >excitingsimulations.com/cockpit/throttle_system.htm<

Also, I have a drawing I found somewhere from the company that builds the real ones (Adams Rite Areospace) that I would be glad to send to you. It is the overall drawing and not the individual parts but from it I'm sure one could exactly duplicate it's looks. It is too large to post...about 1.5 meg. Give me your address and I'll email it to you.

TerryM

hi terry, any help is greatly apprecciated my e-mail address is mig717@yahoo.com

thanks for the help

Project Magenta thank for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Hale View Post
    Hi Miguel,

First off I would like to welcome you to Mycockpit.org.

I would ask though that you try not to use all caps in your posts.

First thing is first, you would like to build a lear 45.. Your first step is to plan how you want it to work. Single seat/ Duel seat. How much room do you have?

There is no way to just tell you how to do it. Have a look around the gallery at everyone's photo's. Find out what level you would like to build at. Maybe you would like a fully enclosed device, or just a couple modifications to your curent setup.

we will help you along the way with your questions.

Best regards,

Trev

hi trevor, what i meant to say when i first came into this forum is the 1. my space is limited at this time. this is why i am trying to build minor setups such as throttles quadrant, landing gear lever ect. once i can move into a larger place i will start building the real cockpit.. any help is really apprecciate i hope my A&P experience can take me beyond limits.. no one knows how far you can go unless you try it....

regards..

miguel

Mycockpit.org thanks terry

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    I don't know if this will help or not but try this link for some shots of a home built throttle. It's not exact but it does look like it is well done. The builder didn't provide drawings. http://www.excitingsimulations.com/c...tle_system.htm

TerryM

hey terry thank you very much for that feedback the pictures will help alot, i'm also planning going to executive airport on monday, hopefully i will more info on the throttles...

just yesterday i bought a set of potentiometers,diodes,AND gate and just hoping that someone outthere can provide me with some wiring diagram, it is not necessary to be a learjet, i guess wiring diagram may have good info which can guide thru the process...

once again thanks for the pictures....