Thread: Update

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Thumbs up Update

Well. My project is coming along great with help from all of you and thanks to Bob and Westozy I have my MIP stand done, Mip done, pesestal done.

What would be the first purchased be for cards, master cards and stuff like that. What is the first one I cant do without. I have a little money to spend.

Need to get a digital camera

THKS guys Mike
    http://www.thefreeemoticons.info/images/flags/smilies0949.gif

MyCockpit Support Staff

I always recommend Sim-Boards from FDT, they are so easy to use. I'm a complete novice when it comes to PC tech stuff and these boards got my sim flying in no time. Using PMDG keeps it all on a single PC and the simplicity is great. Half of the threads in our forum are people discussing PM problems and I'm glad not to be involved in that!

Gwyn

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!

Ok. Sim-boards. Thanks very much. Theres alot of different boards and modules. I'm following your setup Westozy so can you recomend what I need to purchase first.

I also noticed in your fine work that you have a monitor in your FMC box. Do you run 4 monitors all together? 1 video card or 2.

Hope I'm not bugging you to much Westozy. :>}}

MyCockpit Support Staff

Your not bugging me at all! I like promoting this hobby very much and have scored a job writing for CP magazine because of it.

There isn't a monitor in the console, it's all eye candy. I do have a button to pop up the PMDG FMC on the main screen and I have a 4th monitor to the left of my seat which is on a splitter with the projected image, this makes it easy to program the FMC, Radio etc. I am using a Matrox Parhelia 128mg triple head video card, when I upgrade I will get a faster card with a Matrox Triplehead2go. My frame rates aren't the best averaging 12 to 15 but it's still ok.

I bought the Sim-Board master module (essential), and a 64x8x8 input module which means there are 64 switch inputs, 8 potentiometer inputs and 8 rotary encoder inputs.

Current configuration.....
    34 switches in use for many assorted functions, still 30 spare.

5 pots in use for Roll, Pitch, Yaw, Flaps (9 positions) and trim. (Trim is glitchy, I haven't sorted it yet).

8 Encoders for Nav 1, Nav 2, Comm1 (fraction) + (decimal) Comm2 (fraction) + (decimal), ADF 1 & ADF 2 The rotary encoders are push button type and this button is assigned to toggle the radio panel on my main view.

I hope to add an output module in the future so I can add 7 segment displays to my radio box.

This set up is sweet, 1minute 50seconds from boot up to throttle up.

Read the tutorials at www.flightdecktechnology.com these convinced me that this was the way to go and the guys from FDT have been very helpful to myself and many other members.

Gwyn

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go

Thumbs up

Sim-Board master module (essential), and a 64x8x8 input module.

Ok. You got me all exited now. I will open an account and order the same.

As you can see I have a decent video card, but I also have a GF Ti 4200 128 mb spare. This was a really good card to. Can I run 2 different cards at the same time? Its a AGP card with regular connectors VGA and TV out. The other one is a PCI with 3 DVI,VGA and s-video connector.

THANKS very much. Mike

Pics to come very soon.

MyCockpit Support Staff

Like I said Mike, I am not good with PC tech stuff, Kester or Bob could probably help you with your graphics card questions. This is the Matrox Triplehead2go device which expands your existing card resolution to 3 monitors - http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/gxm/products/th2go/

It is my understanding that this device doesn't reduce already available frame rates and this is what I plan to do when I upgrade my PC later on.

If you do purchase from FDT, make sure you get the crimping pliers and crimp lugs, I did all the wiring without buying the crimpers and it was a pain in the A! I used rainbow wire for all of my wiring.

Gwyn